Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just can’t put anything like that in a text or email. Dumb and dumber
It doesn't have to be in print or text. Best thing is just don't say dumb sh^t. People are digging up sh^t that was said 15--20 years ago and ruining lives. Here's hoping a big ole asteroid is bearing down on earth and then-----it's all over :eek::eek::eek:

I don't think we fully appreciate how many times we could score this Saturday Night.

We could get as many as 15-16 possessions each if we both go fast the whole game. Ole Miss goes only a little bit slower than us, and neither of us are interested in slowing the game down.

We are averaging 3.32 points per possession this season (and 4.46 the last 2 games). Ole Miss is averaging 3.85 (4.33 vs Ark).

If we run 15 possessions each in the game this weekend, we're both scoring 50.

If we average the same PPP that we just executed to the last 2 weeks...we'll score 67.

I think it will be a shootout, but our defense will deliver a couple more stops than theirs can. I think we win by 10.

I disagree with this. Heupel doesn’t just have one style and stick to it.

With them playing a 3-2-6 defense Heupel will run run run. The clock will tick and they will have to be perfect on offense.

I think we run way more than pass in this game and we intentionally slow it down by running. We will still play tempo and not allow subs but a lot of run game Saturday night.

That’s my two cents anyway.

Rush the field and grab kiffin. Carry him out on our shoulders. Then throw his sorry ass in the river. Then laugh heartily 😂
In all seriousness this is exactly the reason for the steep fines for rushing the field.

Can you imagine if someone snuck Saban or a bunch of UT fans jumped Kiffin... It would be PR apocalypse for the SEC and the school involved.

I thought underwhelming put it correctly but that's what I was getting at. I'm already singing Danny White's praises over it, I think it was the best hire we could make and I loved the upside of the hire.
White (and all of us) got really lucky when his big fish snapped off last second..

I wish Alontae was a safety. I think he would be weapon there.
Me too. We just don’t have a good replacement right now. Wouldn’t hate it if we tried it out this game, they’re gonna get theres anyway, may as well see if he can lay somebody out or have a Deon Grant-vs-UF-like grab on a deep ball.

Reactions: SoilVol
I don't think we fully appreciate how many times we could score this Saturday Night.

We could get as many as 15-16 possessions each if we both go fast the whole game. Ole Miss goes only a little bit slower than us, and neither of us are interested in slowing the game down.

We are averaging 3.32 points per possession this season (and 4.46 the last 2 games). Ole Miss is averaging 3.85 (4.33 vs Ark).

If we run 15 possessions each in the game this weekend, we're both scoring 50.

If we average the same PPP that we just executed to the last 2 weeks...we'll score 67.

I think it will be a shootout, but our defense will deliver a couple more stops than theirs can. I think we win by 10.
Don't forget Lane loves to go for it alot on 4th down...even in his own territory

Reactions: mrmax86

With them playing a 3-2-6 defense Heupel will run run run. The clock will tick and they will have to be perfect on offense.

I think we run way more than pass in this game and we intentionally slow it down by running. We will still play tempo and not allow subs but a lot of run game Saturday night.

I agree conceptually, but we ran it down Mizzou's throat and scored 62.

So USCe fans were upset with the loss until Beamer’s post game comments. Now, at least on Reddit, they believe they won the 2nd half and would have won the game if it weren’t for the endzone interception. They are downvoting anyone who disagrees.

That's the first rule of football message board club. Never talk about why you lost, just why you should have won.

We won’t rush the field simply because Tennessee won’t allow it. Students wanted to after UF 2016 but there were yellow jacketed security literally lining the entire wall of the stadium

The field gets destroyed if it’s anything like ‘98 post UF win. Even if you protect the goalposts and cameras all the people running around isn’t good for the grass. When we stormed that year people were pulling up chunks of the field for souvenirs. I left with a chunk of the endzone and kept it for years.

The field gets destroyed if it’s anything like ‘98 post UF win. Even if you protect the goalposts and cameras all the people running around isn’t good for the grass. When we stormed that year people were pulling up chunks of the field for souvenirs. I left with a chunk of the endzone and kept it for years.
I get that with turf since it never dies, but doesn’t the grass just wither and die?

We won’t rush the field simply because Tennessee won’t allow it. Students wanted to after UF 2016 but there were yellow jacketed security literally lining the entire wall of the stadium

Disagree on both. Well first one bc it's Ole Miss....that'd be as bad as the games MD rushes for in basketball. 2016 Florida was a slow finish, I think if we won in dramatic fashion we would have rushed, plus we were clearly superior so there was no upset aspect. Of course security is there but if everyone goes they have to let them. I couldn't believe we didn't rush when we upset Kentucky in basketball between like 2014-2016, forget the year, but I just came to the conclusion that the basketball crowd is never charged enough to do so.

Oh I totally did I just didn’t want to admit it. Lol.

It’s BVS not letting me go full fan
I don't think it's BVS, I think it is a realistic assessment of our roster. We are still paper thin and that is just the truth.

We have finally got a pretty good staff and they are doing a really good job..that much is obvious and gives me hope that we can escape the void and reclaim our rightful place...if you can't see that, then it really is BVS.

I agree. I think the three-headed running monster of Evans, Small and Hooker will be the focus on Offense...especially with an early lead. There will be splash plays in the passing game when OM starts creeping up to stop the running game...which I don’t see them doing..

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back