QB - ?
RB - Small/Evans
WR - Payton/Hyatt/Calloway/Merrill
TE - Warren/Fant
OL - Wright/Carvin/Cooper/Spraggins

DL - Simmons/Baron
LB - Mitchell/Banks
Secondary - Taylor/Flowers/Tank/Burrell

I think Taylor and Flowers have another year, they both need it and would us out a ton. I think Fant could has another year as well if he wants to use it.

Who knows what happens with the QB position. All we know is Tayven will be here, but the question is, who else?

I think we need to bring in 2-3 OL transfers. Really thin and I don’t trust anyone on the roster to step up and take the RT position when Cade leaves after this year.

Same thing for the DL, need 2-3 transfers that can provide depth.

If we could snag Gant and Vaughn from OSU, then would be fine at LB.

Need a major transformation this off season
If Tank comes back, I think Charles takes his spot. He is too talented to be on the bench next year. Plus we have a lot of talent (unproven) at corner with Turnage, Haddon, Rucker, McDonald, Slaughter, etc. I’m actually glad we should have four of our starters at the o line coming back. Davis can fill in for the other tackle spot and take 2-3 transfers to help with depth.

If Hooker can’t go then Milton will start. All this talk about HB needs to be QB2 is not going to happen. They want to redshirt HB and only let him play in 4 games. I agree as of right now HB probably should be QB2 after that performance off the bench by Milton, but I just don’t think that’s what’s going to happen. Now is HB and his parents on board with decision is another matter. I guess we will see at the end of the season if he jumps into the portal. Even if he does, we essentially gave the kid another year at his next stop.
Milton is gonna be Tate Martell 2.0 and go somewhere else again next year.

This is the kind of post that is just normal operating procedure here in the RF with 17likes

The 18 of you obviously are only seeing what you want to see. You are forgetting about 9 dang players on a punt return without a damn returner at all, you are forgetting about penalty after penalty after penalty, you are ignoring a past resume of extreme penalties, you are forgetting about a delay of game backbreaking penalty on 4th down.

this is the honeymoon period where posters refuse to see bad news when it smacks them in the face
Yep. There has been some good but also a good bit of red flags

It's like our program died with him.

Speaking of John, he was first and foremost a fine Human being. One of the kindest, polite persons you would ever meet, but yet resolute to the core about his craft. Not only Vol Nation but the world lost a great man.

I’m sure most of you did the same, we would turn down the Tube (Tv for you youngins), and would turn up the Radio. If he were still here today, I’d do the same for every game.

Never heard anyone keep you so enthralled with just his voice.

It's moronic to say anyone player is done when they have only been in a system a couple of months. Milton has the tools to be great. Maybe this will push him to work on technique and touch. Give the kid a chance. Imagine someone giving up on you for not being the best the first opportunity you got.
Milton sucks..

We have improved. We didnt quit. And we have players who want to be here.

That did not happen with Pruitt.
it did, til it didn't....Remember GA and Auburn 2018..."that's my coach".....lol. same with Jones....2013 UGA, USCe....

we're 4 games in. can't judge it on the whole right now. we all know the situation/circumstances, that has to be accounted for. been saying it since he accepted the job, it'll take 3 years, at least, before you can really make an assessment.

but it sure would be nice if we could see something that didn't leave that little nagging voice in the back of your mind saying "new boss, same as the old boss" or "the more things change, the more they stay the same".

that, i understand.

Saying football is cyclical is simply untrue.
Yeah, history says otherwise but at the same time we don’t know how national TV and the internet has truly changed things.

In the 80s and 90s, we were able to sign kids because their parents wanted to see them on TV. Now everyone is on TV

it did, til it didn't....Remember GA and Auburn 2018..."that's my coach".....lol. same with Jones....2013 UGA, USCe....

we're 4 games in. can't judge it on the whole right now. we all know the situation/circumstances, that has to be accounted for. been saying it since he accepted the job, it'll take 3 years, at least, before you can really make an assessment.

but it sure would be nice if we could see something that didn't leave that little nagging voice in the back of your mind saying "new boss, same as the old boss" or "the more things change, the more they stay the same".

that, i understand.
Understand totally what you’re saying.

It would be great to be given a legitimate reason to think Heupel is different from the last three hires. You don’t have to say he’s been bad to say there hasn’t been anything eye opening on the positive side either.

Still a work in progress. We don’t know much. But this week is another 50/50 game where coaching can prove to be the difference.

If Hooker decides to come back, no way Milton stays around to be back up again. Plus, I bet we take another transfer to booster the room.
Another factor in this is we started recruiting Milton very late in the process. I believe he had made the decision (not public to that point) to sign with another school when we jumped in. I bring that up because he could very well justify to himself that transferring again would be the best move.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
Bruin, I think you missed his point. If those things still are happening in year three, then you may have a gripe. Pruitt’s teams had issues that lingered until he was fired. I do think you need to be prepared to accept more than average penalties because of the speed at which this offense works. You have to give this coach time to get his system implemented.
Who is this Bruin you speak about? Nevermind. Found him. He's on the Poulan Weedeater Duke's Mayo IGNORE list.

Bruin feasts on coaches that are four games into their tenure.

He’s not wrong though. There’s typically gushing about 1st year coaches while their problems are overlooked because it’s the honeymoon period.

The truth is penalties are a problem for Heupel now and will likely continue to be a problem because that’s who Heupel is historically. It’s not going to be corrected and everyone will have to get used to it.

that, i understand.
did we really ever improve under Pruitt?

Butch had some decent teams.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
He’s not wrong though. There’s typically gushing about 1st year coaches while their problems are overlooked because it’s the honeymoon period.

The truth is penalties are a problem for Heupel now and will likely continue to be a problem because that’s who Heupel is historically. It’s not going to be corrected and everyone will have to get used to it.

So what are we supposed to do?

Fire him after 4 games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back