Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the kind of post that is just normal operating procedure here in the RF with 17likes

The 18 of you obviously are only seeing what you want to see. You are forgetting about 9 dang players on a punt return without a damn returner at all, you are forgetting about penalty after penalty after penalty, you are ignoring a past resume of extreme penalties, you are forgetting about a delay of game backbreaking penalty on 4th down.

this is the honeymoon period where posters refuse to see bad news when it smacks them in the face
Bruin, I think you missed his point. If those things still are happening in year three, then you may have a gripe. Pruitt’s teams had issues that lingered until he was fired. I do think you need to be prepared to accept more than average penalties because of the speed at which this offense works. You have to give this coach time to get his system implemented.

This is the kind of post that is just normal operating procedure here in the RF with 17likes

The 18 of you obviously are only seeing what you want to see. You are forgetting about 9 dang players on a punt return without a damn returner at all, you are forgetting about penalty after penalty after penalty, you are ignoring a past resume of extreme penalties, you are forgetting about a delay of game backbreaking penalty on 4th down.

this is the honeymoon period where posters refuse to see bad news when it smacks them in the face

There is some truth to this. The team has been sloppy with its execution and that has to be better. Includes stupid penalties that were killer against Pitt and UF. Maybe the team improves as the season goes on, maybe not.

Don’t think the delay of game gripe is fair though. That was shortly after Coop went out and there was obviously some miscommunication when Carvin took over.

I’m willing to give CJH the benefit of the doubt in year 1 while the roster is in flux and full of new guys. If it’s the same story in year 4, then I will be unhappy.

Milton should never see the field again. Now I wonder if all these posters that says Bailey does not have it are the same ones that was saying Milton was the next Newton or whoever? Inquiring minds wants to know. I will say it now, Bailey is better than Milton. Hooker should have been the one to get all the work in the fall instead of Milton. The only thing Milton can do better than JG is run and he is scared of contact, at least JG was not scared.
It's moronic to say anyone player is done when they have only been in a system a couple of months. Milton has the tools to be great. Maybe this will push him to work on technique and touch. Give the kid a chance. Imagine someone giving up on you for not being the best the first opportunity you got.

We have improved. We didnt quit. And we have players who want to be here.

That did not happen with Pruitt.

Sorry but you are forgetting about how we all gushed over Jeremey crying about how hard his team played at Georgia that first year. He literally cried reminding us how his team didn’t quit. We all loved it

Some thoughts...

More than a Voice was a great program and you all need to watch it. I'm sure rival fans didn't like that it had so much John Ward/UT stuff, but it was great. And I learned things about some of the other teams announcers that was interesting...there really have been some great voices all over the SEC. Other than the John Ward stuff, I was moved by the two Auburn announcers...I obviously knew what happened to Bramlett, but didn't know (a) how good the guy before him was, and (b) that he died unexpectedly from a stroke. As for our current situation, I know that Kesling loves Tennessee and I'm sure he puts everything he's got into it. But one of the themes of the show last night was how a guy connects with a fanbase...I just don't think Bob does it. For example, Larry Munson, who I hate...on the show they mentioned that John Ward said he was the worst on the technical/etiquette aspects of calling a game, but he was the best at telling the story and capturing the fans. I think Bob is the opposite. His biggest moment was the Dobbs/JJ hail mary, and he crapped the bed on it. Hell, Verne's call of it was better as far as I'm concerned. We are the University of Tennessee, by god, and the University of Tennessee deserves to have excellence in everything. Write Mike Keith the damn check (if he would take it) and be done with it.

Ryder Cup was great. The US has a stable of horses to keep that thing in our hands for a while. I've got to tell you, though, I was so impressed by Rory's interview after he won his point. And I'd never really given it a thought until Azinger said it after Rory's interview, but the Euro's come into the event every time with a bit of an advantage because of what it means to their players, and you could certainly see that from McIlroy. And he joins Roy Williams with the un-edited uttering of the phrase "give a sh!t" on live network TV!

Most reasonable people knew what the outcome last Saturday was going to be. We simply have to look for the good and live with the bad for now. And there was good to be found Saturday. Unfortunately, we have to look at the Mizzou, SC, KY and Vandy games to really see how this team is progressing. I don't know where I fall on if we'll ever be great again. Rival fans try to tell me all the time that UT will be elite again. With every blowout loss to our traditional rivals, every sub-500 season, every coaching change, it just seems less likely.

Sorry for long post!

Last edited:
Bruin, I think you missed his point. If those things still are happening in year three, then you may have a gripe. Pruitt’s teams had issues that lingered until he was fired. I do think you need to be prepared to accept more than average penalties because of the speed at which this offense works. You have to give this coach time to get his system implemented.

the lining up part issue for Jeremey was actually once he hired ansley. That first year Jeremy was running the show and we all raved about how well his defense was prepared. He was calling the auburn plays before they happened

It was once ansley was here that the players didn’t know who was running things that was the issue imo

the lining up part issue for Jeremey was actually once he hired ansley. That first year Jeremy was running the show and we all raved about how well his defense was prepared. He was calling the auburn plays before they happened

It was once ansley was here that the players didn’t know who was running things that was the issue imo
I wasn't. His players were consistently out of position. Never covered the slant the whole time he was here. I never bought that he was some defensive guru. Still don't. I was out on him from the start of his first season. Like I said, if you're going to be fair, it's way too early at this point to make a judgment call on Heupel. I'm not sure he's the answer but I'm not sure he isn't. My criteria to judge him on this year is to see the players continue to fight for him, see the players continue to improve with each game. We'll see how those things pan out over the next few weeks.

I started to pur recruiting in there but I'm not sure it's fair to do that this year. He came into a **** show and then inherited a cloud of NCAA sanctions. Recruiting will have to 8mprove for him to be successful but the NIL is another negative that he'll have to navigate.

Some thoughts...

More than a Voice was a great program and you all need to watch it. I'm sure rival fans didn't like that it had so much John Ward/UT stuff, but it was great. And I learned things about some of the other teams announcers that was interested...there really have been some great voices all over the SEC. Other than the John Ward stuff, I was moved by the two Auburn announcers...I obviously knew what happened to Bramlett, but didn't know (a) how good the guy before him was, and (b) that he died unexpectedly from a stroke. As for our current situation, I know that Kesling loves Tennessee and I'm sure he puts everything he's got into it. But one of the themes of the show last night was how a guy connects with a fanbase...I just don't think Bob does it. For example, Larry Munson, who I hate...on the show they mentioned that John Ward said he was the worst on the technical/etiquette aspects of calling a game, but he was the best at telling the story and capturing the fans. I think Bob is the opposite. His biggest moment was the Dobbs/JJ hail mary, and he crapped the bed on it. Hell, Verne's call of it was better as far as I'm concerned. We are the University of Tennessee, by god, and the University of Tennessee deserves to have excellence in everything. Write Mike Keith the damn check (if he would take it) and be done with it.

Ryder Cup was great. The US has a stable of horses to keep that thing in our hands for a while. I've got to tell you, though, I was so impressed by Rory's interview after he won his point. And I'd never really given it a thought until Azinger said it after Rory's interview, but the Euro's come into the event every time with a bit of an advantage because if what it means to their players, and you could certainly see that from McIlroy. And he joins Roy Williams with the un-edited uttering of the phrase "give a sh!t" on live network TV!

Most reasonable people knew what the outcome last Saturday was going to be. We simply have to look for the good and live with the bad for now. And there was good to be found Saturday. Unfortunately, we have to look at the Mizzou, SC, KY and Vandy games to really see how this team is progressing. I don't know where I fall on if we'll ever be great again. Rival fans try to tell me all the time that UT will be elite again. With every blowout loss to our traditional rivals, every sub-500 season, every coaching change, it just seems less likely.

Sorry for long post!
Bob is an above average basketball play by play. His problem is he followed a legend. Even then, he isnt very dynamic.

Reactions: DarthVol1
I understand and you have the right to be upset. The ones who aren’t paying the drastic increases are the same ones who say DW is doing the right thing and people just need to pay more. It’s easy to get behind when you aren’t fronting the bill. They need to realize that the product on the hill does not warrant price increases and screwing long time season ticket holders is not good business. I would cancel the tickets as well and only go to a few games at a much lower cost.
From what I understand is….. they are regulating pricing in stadium…. The issue is that every year they made changes in the past…. They allowed fans that had the tickets to be grandfathered in at the previous rate…. The guy sitting beside you might be paying a lot less for his seat…. They are also trying to add in club seating which I sat in at a bowl game…. It was awesome…. Great seats plus own personal bar/restaurant so you weren’t fighting any crowds….They are also going to add more seats that are available for season tickets at reduced prices…. It doesn’t matter when these changes happen…. People are going to be pissed.

Bruin in here acting like he's the arbiter of truth leading the blind to see.

A tradition like no other.
Yeah I got to be honest, I’m new to it and it’s very annoying and makes this board less fun to visit when it’s the same person posting, responding and being replied to and a bunch of nonsense. Guess that’s what the block function is for, seems silly to do but hell.

Could Hooker return next season?

If he starts the rest of the season, I think yes. I'm pretty sure he has one more season.

Hopefully we can pull Stroud or Rattler. Would be a dream. I don't care if one is better than the other, both are better than Milton and you can't argue that. Both are better than Hooker as well.

Yeah Hooker has next season (since last year didn't count).

Milton has 3 years (counting this one).

And HB as of now has 4 years counting this one, but he could RS this one and return with 4 years left starting next year.

Any updates on the health of Hooker, Cooper, Evans or any one else that was banged up? This trip to Missouri is gonna be an important game I think.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
If he starts the rest of the season, I think yes. I'm pretty sure he has one more season.

Hopefully we can pull Stroud or Rattler. Would be a dream. I don't care if one is better than the other, both are better than Milton and you can't argue that. Both are better than Hooker as well.
Rattler's going to the draft.

Did I miss something on Stroud/Rattler? Where's the smoke on either one of them being a possibility here next season?

Did I miss something on Stroud/Rattler? Where's the smoke on either one of them being a possibility here next season?

Wishful thinking.

Stroud was benched due to injury but McCord played pretty well so I'm hoping he takes Stroud's job.

Everyone apparently hates Rattler now, so some think he leaves lol.

Speaking of season tickets…. Anyone have the ticket guy want to come to your seats and meet you at the game? They called me wanting to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back