• We've had an issue with our name servers today that may be affecting a number of users from accessing the site.

Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep getting calls and text but I am pissed off and am about to just let it all go and told them it was cheaper to just buy these good seats for a few games and will save me a ton of money. Also told them I can sit at the 50 at Bobby Dodd for a quarter of what they want me to pay. I liked what I saw from the team at Florida but they still loss and if it continues then no way I will renew for the level I am right now. Let me sit in the cheaper seats. I am being screwed for giving these last few years. In fact, I am getting irate enough to just stop doing anything with those idiots on the hill. My wife would be happy if I did and she's the one whose been a UT fan her entire life. No one wants even free tickets. I will keep my less expensive tickets on the west side instead of giving them away. They will be getting less and not more from me unless this team starts winning some winnable games. I really hate Danny White and before you ask, I've been giving thousands to this school and they are trying to screw me. I don't need this crap anymore. My son turned the game from UT to the ACC network to watch GT beat a ranked UNC team while I was taking care of my mom who had surgery. He was excited about that. UT is losing him as well. Screw them all for this.
35026895-9517-4228-A4A4-95A2E2FEAB89.gif

That’s the key….. he doesn’t add life to the game like ward did.
Bob had a history of poor fan interaction from the call-in shows prior to taking over. Not only did he follow a legend, but fans outside of Knoxville really only saw him in situations where he sometimes came across as aloof or rude toward fans It was different in Knoxville where he was the sports guy on the nightly evening news.

In a lot of ways, hiring someone unknown, rather than Keith or Kessling, held less downside. It will be very interesting to see where they go when Bob steps aside. Hard to believe its been 23 years.

From what I understand is….. they are regulating pricing in stadium…. The issue is that every year they made changes in the past…. They allowed fans that had the tickets to be grandfathered in at the previous rate…. The guy sitting beside you might be paying a lot less for his seat…. They are also trying to add in club seating which I sat in at a bowl game…. It was awesome…. Great seats plus own personal bar/restaurant so you weren’t fighting any crowds….They are also going to add more seats that are available for season tickets at reduced prices…. It doesn’t matter when these changes happen…. People are going to be pissed.
Is this from a generalized summary from a Vol site which tries to spin it in a better light? I’m not saying that maybe some season tickets will decrease, but I bet most will increase. Everyone I know is not renewing because the cost drastically increased.

I think the coaches coached a good game on both sides of the ball. Need to work on time management. Needed to play mistake free and discipline Saturday and didn’t at times.

In the end, it really came down to not having enough quality players to fill voids when our starters went down. The fact of the matter is, it’s gonna be ugly if Cooper isnt at center. There’s a huge falloff when he’s not on the field. And personally, I think our offense is going to have to slow it down in situations to give our D a rest.

This team is what it is this season.

If he starts the rest of the season, I think yes. I'm pretty sure he has one more season.

Hopefully we can pull Stroud or Rattler. Would be a dream. I don't care if one is better than the other, both are better than Milton and you can't argue that. Both are better than Hooker as well.
Sweet. I actually think Hooker could be a decent QB with more development. If he can come back, I wouldn’t be shocked if the QB room is Hooker, Jackson, and two transfers next year. I would love for Stroud to come.

This is the kind of post that is just normal operating procedure here in the RF with 17likes

The 18 of you obviously are only seeing what you want to see. You are forgetting about 9 dang players on a punt return without a damn returner at all, you are forgetting about penalty after penalty after penalty, you are ignoring a past resume of extreme penalties, you are forgetting about a delay of game backbreaking penalty on 4th down.

this is the honeymoon period where posters refuse to see bad news when it smacks them in the face
Your points are valid, and at the same time, moments like this happen in every game for every coach. The truth is, it’s just too early to see what is noise and what bears out over time

Last edited:
Per NCAAStats, Missouri has the worst defense in the SEC (#115 nationally), SC has the second worst offense in the SEC (#116 nationally), Kentucky is dead last in the country in turnovers, and Vandy is.. Vandy. No reason we can't go 3-1 in those games.

For comparison, we're #58 nationally in total offense and #47 nationally in total defense.

I disagree that a qb would have changed the outcome of that game. Just can't jump to that conclusion.
A really good playmaking QB could have definitely won that game...at least it would have given us a shot to win.

If I was a great HS prospect at QB or WR..I would be drooling at the chance to run this scheme. Receivers get loose on nearly every passing play, we just need somebody that can see them and get the ball to them, and we need guys that can at least make easy catches..the guys we have now are dropping 10-14 points a game..It is crazy how bad they are at catching the ball.

Reactions: Bruce Wayne
Per NCAAStats, Missouri has the worst defense in the SEC (#115 nationally), SC has the second worst offense in the SEC (#116 nationally), Kentucky is dead last in the country in turnovers, and Vandy is.. Vandy. No reason we can't go 3-1 in those games.

For comparison, we're #58 nationally in total offense and #47 nationally in total defense.

Kentucky & Vandy I feel good about, we get the bye week right before Kentucky game. Missouri & SC are going to be tough, especially @ Missouri this week. We came outta Florida game with a lotta banged up players.

I think unless we see some young guys step up (on the OL especially) then we're going to be in a dog fight with any and everyone we face at this point. Won't matter who the QB is if he can't get any time to throw the ball.

Reactions: OrangenSC

of course I'm always more optimistic than most on this board, but I actually came away from the Florida game really encouraged about these 4 games specifically on our schedule. I fully expect us to go 3-1 at worst in these and I actually think we go 4-0. Kentucky being the biggest question mark, but they just can't hold onto the ball. I think we have a little bit of the same mental effect on them that Florida seems to have on us (unless Pruitt washed it all out last year with that pathetic performance). If we can get a few early TOs and some points early on Kentucky we can win that one mentally early.

I think this weekend could be a shootout with Mizzou. I'm just diving into all the stats now, but they give up a lot of points. They gave up almost 300 yards rushing to Southeast Missouri State.

Danny white is a genuine guy.
He has to be abrasive right now.
He has to change almost every aspect of what has been in place the last 10 years.
You loosen the reigns as things start moving but not until then
I can see how this hurts the program badly..guys like @JacketVol make really good points at how bad these decisions are.

Some things needed to change, but DW is going way too far with this. We can't afford to lose even more fans...especially the ones who have been so supportive.

I hope the guy knows what he is doing..but some of this is just wrong.

2nd to worst rushing defense nationally. That’s why we win on Saturday

Are we seeing the beginning of the end of 2 college football powerhouses? Clemson and Oklahoma both appear on the verge of a drop from the pantheon of top 5 programs. Could just be an anomaly as both are probably just a QB away from the top of their respective conferences. Will be interesting to watch nonetheless.
Ohio St is trying to join them too.

Reactions: UTJoe
Kentucky & Vandy I feel good about, we get the bye week right before Kentucky game. Missouri & SC are going to be tough, especially @ Missouri this week. We came outta Florida game with a lotta banged up players.

I think unless we see some young guys step up (on the OL especially) then we're going to be in a dog fight with any and everyone we face at this point. Won't matter who the QB is if he can't get any time to throw the ball.
I feel pretty good about our run game vs Missouri. They have struggled mightily stopping the run.

Both are huge jumps. I think we sweep those 4 games unless we get injured. We are so thin.

My thoughts on the Florida Fair catch. It was an illegal fair catch. It should have counted against them. Granted we still had targeting but it was an illegal fair catch that is for sure.

The Florida player did not wave his hand over his head. He waved it shoulder level and not only did he wave it shoulder level he waived it super late.
It was still kick catch interference on us too. So the targeting, KCI and illegal fair catch would’ve offset. We also had a dead ball unsportsmanlike that would’ve still been assessed too.

I do not understand how we don’t have another guard who is better than Lane. I would try everyone of them until someone takes the job. Because it shouldn’t be such a drastic drop off with one player out.

If Hooker can’t go then Milton will start. All this talk about HB needs to be QB2 is not going to happen. They want to redshirt HB and only let him play in 4 games. I agree as of right now HB probably should be QB2 after that performance off the bench by Milton, but I just don’t think that’s what’s going to happen. Now is HB and his parents on board with decision is another matter. I guess we will see at the end of the season if he jumps into the portal. Even if he does, we essentially gave the kid another year at his next stop.

Reactions: drvenner
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back