Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our RBs is ok but nowhere near our rivals, same for most position groups. I bet we don't have but 1 or 2 players that would start for GA, AL, or FL.

Not really going to argue that. But QB is the single most important position that could get us to 8-4/9-3 type seasons. Our RB is good enough for that.

Not really going to argue that. But QB is the single most important position that could get us to 8-4/9-3 type seasons. Our RB is good enough for that.
The discussion was started about if we would ever compete with GA, FL, and AL. Sure with a few pieces we can compete with SC, KY, Vandy, and Mizzou and still lose to the aforementioned three.

Big time donors don’t give 2 craps about a 20,000 price increase. Maybe people that donate small amounts will. The whole thing is stupid. If you are forced to give a donation it isn’t a donation to begin with. Just charge more for the ticket if you want more money.

Up to 80% of the donation is tax deductible, but used to be 100%. For top tax tier, the effective cost of the donation is reduced by ~30%. The tickets themselves are not deductible.

Anyone follow the Falcons? CP is having a career resurgence with Atlanta. They are using him in the receiving, rushing, and return game.
I noticed the trend and picked him up off wavers after week one. Started him this week after last week's big output. Atlanta really doesn't have much of an option but to use him, and Arthur Smith loves drawing up plays for versatile players like CP.

Anyways on to Mizzou what’s the scouting report on them? This game is a big one for us. Seems like the one we have the best chance of picking off out of Mizzou, Miss and UK. I know they just lost to BC but don’t know much about them.
Give Evans 22 carries, Small 18. They should combine for 250, leave the game with the W.

At first glance it looks like our defense is way better than Missouri’s. They give up 32 PPG and haven’t really played great competition. Bazelak has very simple stats to Hooker if you adjust to their sample size. He’s thrown nearly twice as many passes and has about twice as many yards. Hooker has 7 TD and 1 int and Bazelak has 10 TD and 3 int. They give up about 125 more ypg than we do and they allow 270 ypg a game rushing!! That’s huge a stat and I think Hooker can have a good day rushing as well as Small and Evans can eat. They give up 183 ypg thru the air and I expect we will throw for more than that. Hopefully our defense can make some stops but our offenses are very similar and we’ve played the best team out of the two of us in UF. I hate that the game is away because I feel like we can really win this one if we play smart football and a clean game. Heupel should be able to score points on them.
Early impression, depending on our injuries, I think we may run away with this one

The discussion was started about if we would ever compete with GA, FL, and AL. Sure with a few pieces we can compete with SC, KY, Vandy, and Mizzou and still lose to the aforementioned three.

The response was that a really good QB could have won the game last night, and I really don’t disagree with that. Also said that it would help win 9/10 games. Very important position in college football.

I certainly agree that most of our positions need improvement, but a high level QB can help overcome a lot of issues.

At first glance it looks like our defense is way better than Missouri’s. They give up 32 PPG and haven’t really played great competition. Bazelak has very simple stats to Hooker if you adjust to their sample size. He’s thrown nearly twice as many passes and has about twice as many yards. Hooker has 7 TD and 1 int and Bazelak has 10 TD and 3 int. They give up about 125 more ypg than we do and they allow 270 ypg a game rushing!! That’s huge a stat and I think Hooker can have a good day rushing as well as Small and Evans can eat. They give up 183 ypg thru the air and I expect we will throw for more than that. Hopefully our defense can make some stops but our offenses are very similar and we’ve played the best team out of the two of us in UF. I hate that the game is away because I feel like we can really win this one if we play smart football and a clean game. Heupel should be able to score points on them.

After watching that BC game their run defense is pretty bad. Also I hope we crouch their receivers for the underneath throws because the Mizzou QB arm strength is pedestrian. Most of his yards seemed to come from YAC yards.

I am tempering my enthusiasm until I see our injury report.

The response was that a really good QB could have won the game last night, and I really don’t disagree with that. Also said that it would help win 9/10 games. Very important position in college football.

I certainly agree that most of our positions need improvement, but a high level QB can help overcome a lot of issues.
it would take some qb. to overcome that line.

Reactions: VolNRaleighNC

I disagree that a qb would have changed the outcome of that game. Just can't jump to that conclusion.

No QB -> road to 5-6 wins -> tough to recruit
Stud QB -> road to 8-9 wins -> easy to recruit

Simple as that really. When TN wins 8-9 TN recruits top 10. When we recruit top 10 we have much better chances to win games like last night.

Get one of those Ohio State QBs in the off-season. They are all better than what we currently have and they can’t all play at State. Our defensive staff has been a real bright spot. Nobody expected the offensive struggles, but this is what you get with poor QB play. Find a QB and we will look like Ole Miss overnight.

If we could get the former Southlake qb that’s now enrolled at ohio state, he would absolutely feast with CJH’s offensive scheme. He could make all the throws. Had a knack for evading pressure and could tuck it and run if needed. I approve of this plan 🤠

Are we seeing the beginning of the end of 2 college football powerhouses? Clemson and Oklahoma both appear on the verge of a drop from the pantheon of top 5 programs. Could just be an anomaly as both are probably just a QB away from the top of their respective conferences. Will be interesting to watch nonetheless.
Both have top rated QBs starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back