Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still basking in the glow of the Ryder Cup curb stomping by the USA team. Euros will not recover from that anytime soon. USA team is loaded for years to come with young guns who know how to compete and win at a high level team events like this. The Euros are not nearly as well stocked and the Americans now care about what happens in the RC. Stricker should have a lifetime appointment as Captain.

Vol football just needs to take notes from one of the nicest guys on the planet and his book of success. Find the best you can and make them Vols. Blend them together and make them into a cohesive unit such that each has the other's back and nobody wants to do something selfish or stupid that hurts his teammates. That's when things start getting good again.

I found it funny from an ESPN article that was talking about the lack of young talent in Europe. It said the Europeans do have captains and assistant captains for the next 20 years.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
For all you grillers. Wing recipe. Season how you like smoke at 275 for an hour till they are 165-170 then fry them bad boys for 2-3 mins hit it with a light coat of seasoning again. FIRE

Anyways on to Mizzou what’s the scouting report on them? This game is a big one for us. Seems like the one we have the best chance of picking off out of Mizzou, Miss and UK. I know they just lost to BC but don’t know much about them.

How many examples are there of college programs that wandered the wilderness and came back to prominence?

From the best, to bad for a long time (1-2 decades), to the best again.

The only program I can think of is Alabama. From Bear to abyss to Saban. But didn't they have decent seasons in the middle?
Maybe Texas, USC with similar runs as ours…

Reactions: SoilVol
Anyone who thinks the program can just never be elite again is insane. We will have our run again. It’s just a matter of when and how long before that happens.

Definitely.

We have been straight ass for 15+ years and still have been able to recruit at a high level.

I mean, hell, Butch effin Jones had us as a top 10 team at one point. Get a competent coach who can recruit and we will be just fine.

Anyways on to Mizzou what’s the scouting report on them? This game is a big one for us. Seems like the one we have the best chance of picking off out of Mizzou, Miss and UK. I know they just lost to BC but don’t know much about them.
Defense giving up 275 rushing yards a game the last few, can’t get off the field. Lost in OT to BC away which is typically bad news for your next game…

Reactions: KPT_VFL
At first glance it looks like our defense is way better than Missouri’s. They give up 32 PPG and haven’t really played great competition. Bazelak has very simple stats to Hooker if you adjust to their sample size. He’s thrown nearly twice as many passes and has about twice as many yards. Hooker has 7 TD and 1 int and Bazelak has 10 TD and 3 int. They give up about 125 more ypg than we do and they allow 270 ypg a game rushing!! That’s huge a stat and I think Hooker can have a good day rushing as well as Small and Evans can eat. They give up 183 ypg thru the air and I expect we will throw for more than that. Hopefully our defense can make some stops but our offenses are very similar and we’ve played the best team out of the two of us in UF. I hate that the game is away because I feel like we can really win this one if we play smart football and a clean game. Heupel should be able to score points on them.

They were mediocre from the early 80s until the early 2000s, then won a national title. Now they’re back to wandering.

Oklahoma is also a good answer.

Edit: we’ve also kind of done this before. Unfortunately we don’t have a Johnny Majors waiting in the wings.
Very true. It took the 60s, 70s, and 80s to get to the 90s.

Reactions: SoilVol
Definitely.

We have been straight ass for 15+ years and still have been able to recruit at a high level.

I mean, hell, Butch effin Jones had us as a top 10 team at one point. Get a competent coach who can recruit and we will be just fine.
The problem is now it takes a lot of money to recruit. These big time kids are getting over 6 figure NIL deals before signing. That's money that has to come from boosters. Our booster pool isn't where it used to be. Meanwhile, GA, AL, FL have endless funds. The NIL is a game changer. The rich will truly get richer. The NIL just made the climb harder.

Things got out of control in the 4th after Hooker and Coop got hurt, but we definitely showed a pulse yesterday. Make a FG and don’t drop an easy TD on 4th and 5, totally different game.
If speed is what can keep you in the game, got to use speed.

Are we seeing the beginning of the end of 2 college football powerhouses? Clemson and Oklahoma both appear on the verge of a drop from the pantheon of top 5 programs. Could just be an anomaly as both are probably just a QB away from the top of their respective conferences. Will be interesting to watch nonetheless.

He might have to change his name to Medium though.

Saw a highlight from early in the game where once he got to the next level he made an incredible cut to the left for about a 10 yard gain. Hadn't seen that from him before.

Evans needs more touches if you ask me. I understand grinding it out isn't Heupel's style. Evans sure seems special to me, and we should utilize him more than what we have. I had higher expectations for our WR's, but at this point while showing flashes at times, that group have disappointed. Yes they are getting open, but the drops are a plenty, maybe as much as Milton overthrows ("did he really overthrow that shovel pass?!") 😂

You’re exactly right.
Evans is a NFL RB. He has it. He needs a minimum of 20+ touches period.

Are we seeing the beginning of the end of 2 college football powerhouses? Clemson and Oklahoma both appear on the verge of a drop from the pantheon of top 5 programs. Could just be an anomaly as both are probably just a QB away from the top of their respective conferences. Will be interesting to watch nonetheless.
Nah i don’t think so. They are still great. Just what Alabama is doing is crazy. Replace 15 nfl players every year and don’t miss a beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back