Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of y’all just don’t pay attention.

Arkansas lost 20 SEC games in a row. Hired the right coach and are looking like a 9 maybe 10 win team in year 2. All it takes is one right hire. Is Heupel that guy? Idk. If he is, should we be expecting 9-10 wins in year 2 to prove it? No. Should we expect the team to be flying around on both sides of the ball and giving teams hell for 60 minutes, never quitting on their coaching staff and teammates? Absolutely. It’s football guys. Not landing on the moon. One good hire is all it takes.

all jokes aside this exact post was said many times about Pruitt. Fulmer was open about Jeremey needing 5 years and his first team played hard as hell for him
Pruitts teams couldn’t line up after 3 years. Not the same.

This team looks 100x more competent than anything Pruitt ever fielded.

Have not thought for one moment this season the team was quitting. Last season 2nd half of the Georgia they started quitting and it continued to the end.

Heupel is the only first year coach we have had that gets no grace. He walks into a decimated disheartened roster, under the threat of NCAA sanctions, all this to coach in the toughest league in college football.

I am frustrated because I believe they should have beat PITT. Take away some mistakes and they could have been in the Florida game till the end. Oh btw it is tough to get a win the swamp in a good year.

Georgia was terrible for years

Clemson won National championship in the 80s then sucked for 20 years

Oklahoma went about 10 years as the worst team in their conference

It’s a big cycle and a constant race to get better, faster.

Also, let’s not lose sight of the fact UGA’s last National Championship was closer to World War 2 than it is to present day

Arky has sped up their rebuild with one simple thing. Controlling the LOS...... Pittman has gotten the line playing as physical as almost anyone right now. And with all the complicated stuff that comes with football, it really is pretty simple in the end, control the LOS control the game.

Arkansas lost 20 SEC games in a row. Hired the right coach and are looking like a 9 maybe 10 win team in year 2. All it takes is one right hire. Is Heupel that guy? Idk. If he is, should we be expecting 9-10 wins in year 2 to prove it? No. Should we expect the team to be flying around on both sides of the ball and giving teams hell for 60 minutes, never quitting on their coaching staff and teammates? Absolutely. It’s football guys. Not landing on the moon. One good hire is all it takes.

I think the Arkansas story is great and I love that Pittman is turning the Super Coach narrative on its head so far.

But let’s hold our horses on anointing him “the guy” based on year two success. Success in years 1 and 2 is most often fool’s gold. You have to see what guys are doing in years 4-6.

Danny white is a genuine guy.
He has to be abrasive right now.
He has to change almost every aspect of what has been in place the last 10 years.
You loosen the reigns as things start moving but not until then

We were going to lose fans because the product on the field stinks no matter what.

No quick fixes.

It’s a long hard slog and he’s making the right moves early on in my book.

I think the Arkansas story is great and I love that Pittman is turning the Super Coach narrative on its head so far.

But let’s hold our horses on anointing him “the guy” based on year two success. Success in years 1 and 2 is most often fool’s gold. You have to see what guys are doing in years 4-6.
It may be fools gold this year….. Texas was choosing between two QBs….. just like Hooker….. the back up is playing much better and Texas has been rolling the past two games since he took over….. Texas A&M can’t score on anyone currently and should have lost to colorado….. Arkansas has done a good job though.

Yeah, anointing a year 2 coach is how Scott Frost got the opportunity to run Nebraska further into the ground. Turning Arkansas around so quickly is impressive but it's only one aspect of program building (and we're only 1/3 of the way through the season).

Reactions: Revived2002
It may be fools gold this year….. Texas was choosing between two QBs….. just like Hooker….. the back up is playing much better and Texas has been rolling the past two games since he took over….. Texas A&M can’t score on anyone currently and should have lost to colorado….. Arkansas has done a good job though.

Yeah I don’t think Tennessee has caught any breaks like that. 2015 Oklahoma I had no idea who Baker Mayfield was or why he was running around leading an epic fourth quarter comeback. We seem to catch teams at their best rather than their worst, for the most part, when we are rebuilding.

My thoughts on the Florida Fair catch. It was an illegal fair catch. It should have counted against them. Granted we still had targeting but it was an illegal fair catch that is for sure.

The Florida player did not wave his hand over his head. He waved it shoulder level and not only did he wave it shoulder level he waived it super late.

I was told in 2008 all you had to do was fire the coach and AD, and then greatness would come. It’s not that hard! Pay attention!

Thirteen years and a half dozen coaches and ADs later, I’m still being told it’s not that hard!

I keep getting calls and text but I am pissed off and am about to just let it all go and told them it was cheaper to just buy these good seats for a few games and will save me a ton of money. Also told them I can sit at the 50 at Bobby Dodd for a quarter of what they want me to pay. I liked what I saw from the team at Florida but they still loss and if it continues then no way I will renew for the level I am right now. Let me sit in the cheaper seats. I am being screwed for giving these last few years. In fact, I am getting irate enough to just stop doing anything with those idiots on the hill. My wife would be happy if I did and she's the one whose been a UT fan her entire life. No one wants even free tickets. I will keep my less expensive tickets on the west side instead of giving them away. They will be getting less and not more from me unless this team starts winning some winnable games. I really hate Danny White and before you ask, I've been giving thousands to this school and they are trying to screw me. I don't need this crap anymore. My son turned the game from UT to the ACC network to watch GT beat a ranked UNC team while I was taking care of my mom who had surgery. He was excited about that. UT is losing him as well. Screw them all for this.
I understand and you have the right to be upset. The ones who aren’t paying the drastic increases are the same ones who say DW is doing the right thing and people just need to pay more. It’s easy to get behind when you aren’t fronting the bill. They need to realize that the product on the hill does not warrant price increases and screwing long time season ticket holders is not good business. I would cancel the tickets as well and only go to a few games at a much lower cost.

Last edited:
Milton should never see the field again. Now I wonder if all these posters that says Bailey does not have it are the same ones that was saying Milton was the next Newton or whoever? Inquiring minds wants to know. I will say it now, Bailey is better than Milton. Hooker should have been the one to get all the work in the fall instead of Milton. The only thing Milton can do better than JG is run and he is scared of contact, at least JG was not scared.

Perfect description of why fans should not have coach worship. Coaches matter greatly, but they are not infallible. Even with that I like Heup and think he will win here.

It took all of two minutes of watching Milton to know that is not how you play the position and succeed. That determination was made while watching him play while at Michigan. It was confirmed in the first two series against BG. He's still the same as he was then - Heup changed nothing. His mechanics and feel for the game are just as awful now as they were at Michigan.

Heup had to have seen the same things and thought he could change it. Why? All other coaches who tried had failed. Should have stuck with who he had in the stable and worked with them until his guy arrives on campus next season. Now he needs to add a decent real football player at QB from the portal if possible since he going to lose at least one on this roster. Just no more show ponies he fell in love with when he was a younger coach.

I keep getting calls and text but I am pissed off and am about to just let it all go and told them it was cheaper to just buy these good seats for a few games and will save me a ton of money. Also told them I can sit at the 50 at Bobby Dodd for a quarter of what they want me to pay. I liked what I saw from the team at Florida but they still loss and if it continues then no way I will renew for the level I am right now. Let me sit in the cheaper seats. I am being screwed for giving these last few years. In fact, I am getting irate enough to just stop doing anything with those idiots on the hill. My wife would be happy if I did and she's the one whose been a UT fan her entire life. No one wants even free tickets. I will keep my less expensive tickets on the west side instead of giving them away. They will be getting less and not more from me unless this team starts winning some winnable games. I really hate Danny White and before you ask, I've been giving thousands to this school and they are trying to screw me. I don't need this crap anymore. My son turned the game from UT to the ACC network to watch GT beat a ranked UNC team while I was taking care of my mom who had surgery. He was excited about that. UT is losing him as well. Screw them all for this.

Can you give more insight on why you’re frustrated with Danny?..from the season ticket holder side of things what is the university doing to the loyal fans who donate?👀👀👀

But Pittman's never done anything but coach O-lines, Pittman is fat like his buddy Chaney, Pittman's at Arky, yada, yada, yada.

Every time it happens they identify themselves as not being knowledgable of the game.

A ceiling of 8-10 wins at Arky is perfectly acceptable to their fanbase. It's hard to bring in the best recruits there even with NIL. But they can stock with 3*'s with upside and develop them with Pittman in charge and good coordinators like he has now.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX

This is the kind of post that is just normal operating procedure here in the RF with 17likes

The 18 of you obviously are only seeing what you want to see. You are forgetting about 9 dang players on a punt return without a damn returner at all, you are forgetting about penalty after penalty after penalty, you are ignoring a past resume of extreme penalties, you are forgetting about a delay of game backbreaking penalty on 4th down.

this is the honeymoon period where posters refuse to see bad news when it smacks them in the face

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back