Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Blantons. If you haven’t had EH Taylor and you can find a bottle, buy one. I like it slightly more than Blantons. Eagle Rare is right up there with those two.
Will have to check out EH Taylor. I've added Michter's small batch to my list of future purchases. I know a poster mentioned it was relatively hard to find but we have plenty here in Memphis. I love Blanton's too. For anyone intrigued by Japanese whiskeys, Suntory Whiskey House makes some pretty good ones. The Hibiki and Yamazaki lines are good. Ohishi Whisky is pretty good too.

Reactions: mrMet
What's the difference? I'm not a diet soda drinker, but it's interesting to watch from the outside looking in at a company re-releasing the exact same product with a different flavor.
Pepsi Zero had lapped it. I have to drink diet sodas if I partake and Diet Coke has been my go to. Coke Zero was too sacchariny. Might give the new Coke Zero the ole convenience store try.

Reactions: jave36
What is nuts is Pappy used to not be that hard to get and wasn't that expensive. The whole bourbon explosion is the blame for that. The company just hasn't been able to increase production to keep up with the increase in demand. When I was working in the biz in the mid 2000s we always had Pappy, Taylor, Blanton's and Weller on the shelf and it would sit there for months. Everything then was about the newest tequila, vodka, or rapper product (Ciroc, Conjure, Crystal, Hypnotiq). Would always blow my mind people coming in throwing money at something they saw in a music video.
Definitely, likewise here. Back then, you could casually walk in a liquor store and pick up Blanton's and others easily.

What's the difference? I'm not a diet soda drinker, but it's interesting to watch from the outside looking in at a company re-releasing the exact same product with a different flavor.
It is closer to Coca Cola classic than the previous. You never minded the previous version till you get the new one, then you can see that it’s been improved

Reactions: jave36
That take is a bit hot for me.

giphy.gif
1632237653492.gif

Very interesting indeed.

It seems like the heart takes over for most on Saturdays (after the game).

This game will not be close, it shouldn’t be close, and has no bearing on Josh Heupel’s future. The one caveat I’ll say to that is if we continue to get useless penalties.
Yeah, we really have to make sure all of our penalties are useful.

Will have to check out EH Taylor. I've added Michter's small batch to my list of future purchases. I know a poster mentioned it was relatively hard to find but we have plenty here in Memphis. I love Blanton's too. For anyone intrigued by Japanese whiskeys, Suntory Whiskey House makes some pretty good ones. The Hibiki and Yamazaki lines are good. Ohishi Whisky is pretty good too.
IMO there are several out there for that Michters price point or lower that are better options in terms of taste, but Michters is decent. some of these are always on the shelf and some of them you see pop up once a month or so typically on buffalo trace drop days (find out what days those are with your local store as they always sell out within 24 hours)

-Bowman Brothers
-Eagle Rare
-Weller Special Reserve
-Bulleit
-EH Taylor Small Batch (single barrel is impossible to find but my favorite bourbon under $100)
-Old Forrester 1910 and 1920
-Blantons (probably the best bourbon for people who aren't sure if they like bourbon yet, very smooth and easy drinker)
-Henry McKenna 10 year
-Makers Mark Wood Finished Series
-buffalo trace (store pick if you can find one are always phenomenal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back