Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appleby's is always a home run

applebees-get-out.gif

Can’t shake the feeling we underwhelm this weekend. TTech is awful and the team knows it. We are not disciplined and have no depth. Smh at me I need a pickup, lol.

Expect that for the next 2 weekends. UF is going to be a real bad dose of reality for many. The fact that we can take 32 in this class is the best news we’ve had in years.

Reactions: hooter vol
Going to Cincinnati with the old man today to catch our first Dodger game in action..any restaurant suggestions we should check out? Or anything in Cincinnati at all? I’ll hang up and listen.

View attachment 395115
Just walk to the stadium. Right across the street from the stadium there is a nice area with a good amount of places to eat. I believe it is freedom way. It is literally right across the street…

Reactions: UTSuave’
So the note about hooker taking almost all the first team reps this week is interesting. Also combined with Milton practicing on Wednesday.

Reactions: Vols4us
Going to Cincinnati with the old man today to catch our first Dodger game in action..any restaurant suggestions we should check out? Or anything in Cincinnati at all? I’ll hang up and listen.

View attachment 395115

Long time favorite for many - Montgomery Inn Boathouse on Riverside Dr. Ribs (most famous for - make their own sauce), chicken, steaks, seafood.

The area around GABP has been developed well with a lot of places to go, sports bars, etc. The Reds HOF is next door to the park.

My best friend is going to be there to watch the Saturday and Sunday games….. we are huge Dodger fans.

That’s super nice..in a world full of braves fans we gotta stick together..there’s a couple of more dodger fans on this forum that I’ve noticed.not many though.

So I’m actually really disappointed in our fan base…..

I’m in Sonoma County for a birthday trip to wine country and yesterday afternoon, while enjoying some amazing wine, I see a VANDY fan walking down the sidewalk!!! I thought there were only like 5, so I didn’t expect to see one up here.

The reason I’m disappointed is because I’m the only one up here wearing the power T and I expected to see someone. Such a shame :( haha

When I was in Napa a few years ago I wore my UT polo and got multiple “Go Vols!” that day. Stay there long enough and you’ll find one.

So the note about hooker taking almost all the first team reps this week is interesting. Also combined with Milton practicing on Wednesday.

We will find out if Heupel is anything like Pruitt this weekend.

If he starts Hooker and plays meh the first drive or two, then runs Milton out there and doesn't do any better but keeps him out there. I just really hope they don't.

Reactions: Vols4us
Do you remember the professor's name at UT? Think I took that class too (or a different, but very similar one). I just remember it was after all the FISA stuff...lots of interesting material in that class.

Business law is very interesting too. That said, would never want to be an attorney. Those folks have some really awful health markers, along with mental health issues, depression, high rates of suicide, and substance abuse. Not worth it iyam.

Can’t remember his name but he was an assistant coach for the girl’s soccer team at the time and a Cornell law school grad. He really knew his stuff and had several great stories about owning cops and airport security regarding his rights (he got racially profiled a lot). Super smart dude and an all around badass.

Last edited:
I can't tell if you're being serious or not, but I've always viewed the NIL as a way to legally get player to campus, so I think the schools that figure out how to utilize NIL will reflect first in recruiting rankings (IE: Ole Miss 2013 Recruiting class). Then these players will receive legitimate NIL deals once on campus. I know you're not 'legally' allowed to promise recruits these things, but who's going to police it?

As for fan interaction, you're 100% correct, there's nothing stopping you or I from funneling money through a centralized group of legitimate businesses for the purpose of NIL. I've stated on here that Freak should put an NIL link and we can 'sponsor' players to advertise VolNation. All it would take is a box of VolNation branded T-Shirts and we'd have a direct line to funding our football players. Let's Go!

There’s a Texas message board similar to this one where they set up a crowd-sourced-from-their-posters sponsorship of the tight ends group they call “Burnt Ends.” The guys who run the site and organized the project met with the group to drop their bags. I think the Whataburger bags were a reference to our previous regime.

There’s a Texas message board similar to this one where they set up a crowd-sourced-from-their-posters sponsorship of the tight ends group they call “Burnt Ends.” The guys who run the site and organized the project met with the group to drop their bags. I think the Whataburger bags were a reference to our previous regime.

Let's do this. Someone much smarter than me, get this thing rolling. We'll all contribute to it.

I bet they're not skimming anything off the top :):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back