Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't use NIL to entice a recruit to come to the school. It's illegal.
Fine, we'll do what Texas did and pick a unit to sponsor the hell out of.

Heupel would probably appreciate QB or WR, but I think giving money to the beefy boyz of the OL is a good way to keep the best coming here.

I don't know if we just call up the Vol Shop and say "Hey we have $100,000(+) we want to spend on every these 10 OL jerseys, print em up"

There’s a Texas message board similar to this one where they set up a crowd-sourced-from-their-posters sponsorship of the tight ends group they call “Burnt Ends.” The guys who run the site and organized the project met with the group to drop their bags. I think the Whataburger bags were a reference to our previous regime.

If you really don't think NIL's a big deal and just for the 1% - the stars - don't be concerned in the future when more of the players transfer out for better deals. Maybe the extra thousands of dollars per year for the average college player not going to the NFL does not mean much to you. It does for the vast majority. More playing time while getting more money up front by transferring means even more money in the future if they do well.

Can't use NIL to entice a recruit to come to the school. It's illegal.

Sure, sure...technically it is indeed illegal. However, there's nothing illegal about sponsorships of individual players, position group, or an entire recruiting class once they've enrolled in the University. The landscape is being forged currently, schools that get programs in place will stand out and it's not even something that will need to be stated as incentivizing a potential recruit, they'll just understand that school X will 'take care of them' based on how they've handled previous players.

Directly a recruit can't be incentized in that way - indirectly though, there's nothing preventing it.

Fine, we'll do what Texas did and pick a unit to sponsor the hell out of.

Heupel would probably appreciate QB or WR, but I think giving money to the beefy boyz of the OL is a good way to keep the best coming here.

That can absolutely happen. The Volnation QB Room. Collect a pool of money to distribute to all the QBs in the room yearly.

If we're going to talk about them as much as this board does, they should be compensated for it.

Technically they have to do something about it. We could just have Freak give them a username and they could come on here and give a private interview or just post some content breaking down film or something similar to skate around that rule.

Sure, sure...technically it is indeed illegal. However, there's nothing illegal about sponsorships of individual players, position group, or an entire recruiting class once they've enrolled in the University. The landscape is being forged currently, schools that get programs in place will stand out and it's not even something that will need to be stated as incentivizing a potential recruit, they'll just understand that school X will 'take care of them' based on how they've handled previous players.

Directly a recruit can't be incentized in that way - indirectly though, there's nothing preventing it.

Oh I know. I've had that same conversation with people on the hill.

If word got out that Tennessee fans are raising millions to disperse to the incoming recruiting classes, I think our classes will get better...

Again, our fans have come out of pocket for EVERYTHING with orange on it for years. Our fanbase has more than enough to raise eyebrows.

That can absolutely happen. The Volnation QB Room. Collect a pool of money to distribute to all the QBs in the room yearly.

If we're going to take about them as much as this board does, they should be compensated for it.

Technically they have to do something about it. We could just have Freak give them a username and they could come on here and give a private interview or just post some content breaking down film or something similar to skate around that rule.

I'm thinking big budget commercials. Like Puff Daddy music video big budget. Air them in Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles.

I'm thinking big budget commercials. Like Puff Daddy music video big budget. Air them in Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles.

Won't need it. Press Release gets it picked up for all the old people to talk about. Then we launch ads on TikTok/Snapchat/and Instagram to target the actual recruits because those have he heaviest concentration of that demo. Can keep it pretty inexpensive and save the money for the recruits.

Won't need it. Press Release gets it picked up for all the old people to talk about. Then we launch ads on TikTok/Snapchat/and Instagram to target the actual recruits because those have he heaviest concentration of that demo. Can keep it pretty inexpensive and save the money for the recruits.
That's a good call.

I'm seriously ready to do this.

My work is sales so, really need a laptop for information. Basic spreadsheets, and word.

Rest of it is unnecessary.

For what it's worth, Office products work on Mac pretty well. Now, I would never use the Google GSuite on a Mac. Google's products don't work well with....well, anything except Chromebooks. At least that has been my experience.

"They are resting Joe" lmao, yeah mf needs rest from sucking.

Hooker going to show out this weekend and then they gonna start Milton in the swamp...gonna lose by 21+

With our defense, how many points do you think the offense would need to score to win vs Florida? 42? Edit: not 32, meant 42

Yeah, but Coach Couch Potato says Heup needs to do it his way.

This couch potato sees that Milton still sucks. I get that he has the most potential, but bro has sucked for the last 6+ years. Nothing has changed since HS and I'll keep saying this till he proves me wrong and wins a big game.

If he struggled against an elementary school team in BG, just imagine next week @ FL

Let's not forget we all said the same thing about Pruitt's almighty defense, and look how that turned out

Last edited:
Heupel should make Milton throw the ball from the 50 through the uprights, at least 50 times, before every game. Maybe that takes some bomb/missile off his passes. You never know.

I'd have him line up at the 1 yard line and tell him to throw it as far as he can before the game starts at least 100 times. Tire his arm out a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back