Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
USC is similar to the Texas job in what you need to succeed…more than simply football chops. Politics and public relations are bears.

I think that's fair to say.

Oklahoma has their stuff together top-to-bottom, like Alabama in the Saban era, and what Kirby/UGA have done the last few years in Athens.

Everyone knows their role and is pointed in the same direction. And Riley didn't have to build that machine or oil it. He just took the keys.

He's not going anywhere, he's right where he's supposed to be. He's right where everyone wants him to be.

Furthermore, even if he did leave, I'm not even sure OU would want Heupel back as OC. Let alone HC.

I think that's fair to say.

Oklahoma has their stuff together top-to-bottom, like Alabama in the Saban era, and what Kirby/UGA have done the last few years in Athens.

Everyone knows their role and is pointed in the same direction. And Riley didn't have to build that machine or oil it. He just took the keys.

He's not going anywhere, he's right where he's supposed to be. He's right where everyone wants him to be.

Furthermore, even if he did leave, I'm not even sure OU would want Heupel back as OC. Let alone HC.
Oklahoma doesn’t worry about the style points…just do the job. On Heupel, I don’t think either side is bitter…more fatalistic. It didn’t work out but it wasn’t exactly a Majors firing.

Reactions: BigSteve09
As fans (probably the most supportive fan base in the country) we can do whatever we want. Again, we should all pitch in $100, find a local biz, or build our own, and funnel all those dollars to whatever player(s) we want. Dumber people have figured out how to suck our fans dry for dollars for years. We should finally let our money speak for us.

Let's just call up some Knoxville area business that has supported UT for decades, tell them we want to give them $1M+ to pay players, and get it going.

I'm tired of waiting around for our savior QB. We can just as easily get him ourselves.

I can't tell if you're being serious or not, but I've always viewed the NIL as a way to legally get player to campus, so I think the schools that figure out how to utilize NIL will reflect first in recruiting rankings (IE: Ole Miss 2013 Recruiting class). Then these players will receive legitimate NIL deals once on campus. I know you're not 'legally' allowed to promise recruits these things, but who's going to police it?

As for fan interaction, you're 100% correct, there's nothing stopping you or I from funneling money through a centralized group of legitimate businesses for the purpose of NIL. I've stated on here that Freak should put an NIL link and we can 'sponsor' players to advertise VolNation. All it would take is a box of VolNation branded T-Shirts and we'd have a direct line to funding our football players. Let's Go!

football notes from the WR btw

For Josh Heupel this week has been all about the end of the week and how this team handled last night and how they handle today. Clearly Heupel was not pleased with the approach last week as he has referenced it in every public setting he has had from press conferences to the QB club to VolCalls. He felt like his team had too many distractions and didn’t get dialed in as well as they should. If he’s mentioned it in every public setting imagine how much it’s been talked about with the team this week.

Let’s face it Tennessee Tech isn’t very good. They have struggled mightily on offense and defense and on top of that they aren’t very big. They have five defensive linemen on their roster than weigh over 270 pounds. One of their starting defensive tackles is 6-0, 240 pounds. The Vols should be able to do what they want and what they want to do is play a lot of guys.

At 71 scholarship players, depth just based on sheer numbers is a problem. Add in the small number of guys who played against Pitt and depth is a major concern starting next week. That’s why Tennessee has to play more guys this week to start to try to build some depth especially in the secondary where they do have some numbers. On the offensive line, the numbers aren’t great and they need more particularly at tackle which is why it won’t be a surprise to see Jeremiah Crawford get his first action as a Vol.

Now some of the injured players like Cooper Mays, Jaylen Hyatt and Jabari Small are guys likely to rest this weekend and get them ready for next week especially Mays and Small who are dealing with more minor injuries.

At quarterback, who knows? Hendon Hooker has practiced all week talking nearly all the first team reps. Milton practiced more as the week went on and clearly this staff isn’t moving on from him. We expect that both will play given that Milton went through practice on Wednesday.

Tiyon Evans has practiced this week and appears he will be available even though Josh Heupel has been very coy about Evans’ status. The question is who plays running back behind Evans, if he goes, and Jaylen Wright. Will Dee Beckwith or Len’Neth Whitehead get an opportunity or will it be the walk on Marcus Pierce.

Everyone will get to see Byron Young on Saturday and everyone in the program is anxious to see it. Young flashed well in the spring. Had a great summer and had a good fall camp. There will be plenty of surprise if Young doesn’t make his presence known early on Saturday.

On the defensive interior, D.J. Terry has been sporting a knee brace this week after getting rolled up Saturday. The question on the defensive line is will we see Aubrey Solomon for the first time this year. Solomon has been at the bottom of the tackle depth chart and hasn’t played in the first two games.

Pipe dream, but man if we finish this class with:
- Nolen
- Agu
- Jones
- Jordan James
- Jeremiah Caldwell
- Andre Stewart

That would give every fan here a ton of excitement.
That would be a dream finish for sure.

what we need to do is set up a mega NIL fund. Have as many people we can donate $100. We can get 95k into Neyland, have those 95k donate hundred bucks, then divide it evenly among all our signees. That would be approximately 380k per signee. Let's get to it!

What some of these players gotta realize is the NIL can also be a trap... a little bit of money now and you give away a % or "shares" of your future earnings.
That’ll backfire on the first shyster who attempts it.

I can't tell if you're being serious or not, but I've always viewed the NIL as a way to legally get player to campus, so I think the schools that figure out how to utilize NIL will reflect first in recruiting rankings (IE: Ole Miss 2013 Recruiting class). Then these players will receive legitimate NIL deals once on campus. I know you're not 'legally' allowed to promise recruits these things, but who's going to police it?

As for fan interaction, you're 100% correct, there's nothing stopping you or I from funneling money through a centralized group of legitimate businesses for the purpose of NIL. I've stated on here that Freak should put an NIL link and we can 'sponsor' players to advertise VolNation. All it would take is a box of VolNation branded T-Shirts and we'd have a direct line to funding our football players. Let's Go!

I'm only half-joking. I don't know why we don't cash in on ourselves. I think you and I are on the exact same page.

I think everyone should pick a game, and we don't show up. Instead, everyone puts $100 (or whatever they're comfortable with) in a pot. Then we NIL that money ($1,000,000 - $10,000,000+) to 5-10 different players. We could probably just go 2014 Ole Miss recruiting class style, that was enough to change their trajectory. Finally get us a big time QB, big WR, a few defensive bad boys.

I'll build an app for it.

Alright so I'm thinking we take the top 247, put them in the app. You have to make an account on the app, then you can basically pledge your $ to whatever player. As you scroll down the players, it will have their name, pos, ranking, etc and then to the right will be % of total pot pledged to this player, and a total figure.

You can click a player's name and it will redirect to their player page on this forum. I think we should allow hijacking of the top post to build a case for each player. Why the staff would want them, why the fans should want them, "this is why you should pledge your $ to x"

The app itself will sponsor the player (NIL). We'll just have big-budget commercials and mag ads. This app will also be a large cache of data for other businesses and orgs that want to partner with the players as well. Either locally or nationally.

That’s from the fans point of view….. we have no idea when Trask was ready to play bc we weren’t there…The facts are that Dan Mullen took a 2* recruit that set the bench in High School and turned him into a stud by game 3 of his junior season.

It is not a fans point of view that he played franks over him when Trask was clearly the better player and the coaches didn’t see it.

Done arguing it. It is beyond obvious that coaches repeatedly don’t know what they have until kids get a shot in games. Even w qb gurus. Really don’t know how a few of you are on the other side of this. But no pint junking up the thread with our back and forth. So agree to disagree on this one

Reactions: VolNash17
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back