Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading more of the USC boards. Man most of them are delusional. They said the best defense we have faced is UF and they ranked 44. And they are 26. Bahahaha

UF played Bama and USC has played no one. They are about to get wrecked. I don’t care how good of a defense you think you have. If your offense can’t move the ball, our style of offense will wear your defense out and put up points.

We've played the #4 (Pitt) & #10 (MO) passing offenses in the country. They've played Georgia (#60 passing offense) & Kentucky (#86 passing offense). The strength of South Carolina's defense has been it's pass defense, ranked #12 in the nation. Their run defense is ranked #68. Both us and Kentucky had similar rushing numbers against Florida and we did over 100 yards better against Missouri than Kentucky. Kentucky was at home and we were on the road. Kentucky rushed for 230 yards against South Carolina. We may go over 300. jmo.

I'm not exaggerating when I say, according to ESPN efficiency numbers South Carolina's offense is worse coming into our game than Missouri's defensive efficiency was before we visited Columbia, Mo. Missouri's defensive efficiency dropped from 28.2% to 15.5% after our visit. South Carolina's offensive efficiency coming into our game is 25.5%. Missouri was at 80.1% efficiency on offense before facing our defense. Our defensive efficiency is right there with South Carolina. We're both right around 70%. Our offensive efficiency is also close to 70% so which would you rather have? A 70% efficient offense or a 25% efficient offense. The defenses could be a wash but try attacking our defense with a 25% efficient offense and those guys will likely be in a pretty big hurry to get back to Columbia, SC. jmo.

Mills played 14 games and his career numbers were 3468 passing yards, 18 TDs 8 INTs with 86 rushing yards and 1 TD

Hooker's at 3732, 32 TDs 8 INTs with 1249 rushing yards and 17 TDs with at least 7 more games, and he'll have accumulated his stats in the ACC & SEC.

Mond I get, 4 year started in the SEC with solid numbers and great size. But don't sell me some BS like Mills is a better NFL prospect than Hooker, he's not. If the NFL drafted him off that one game where Stanford STILL lost by 27 from 2019 then they'll be more than willing to do the same for Hooker.
Yeah…parts of two seasons at the SAME SCHOOL running the SAME OFFENSIVE SYSTEM. That shows he adjusted to opposing DC’s who had a scouting report on him…commonly referred to as CONSISTENCY. Maybe someone would take a flyer on Hooker in the 6th or 7th but more likely an UDFA.

You’re right. Wasn’t -12.5…was -14 to start. I saw it later.

Tennessee Volunteers vs South Carolina Gamecocks

Not sure if this has been caught yet, but the odds shark link you gave is for our game against them in 2016…

Like, did no one actually read the page? Not only does it have the wrong date, but it lists the game as being at Williams-Brice Stadium, us as winning straight up on the road four times in a row, and it being a week 9 game.

giphy.gif

So I was looking at the roster and from my count, we only have 9 guys (contributors) who are out of eligibility after this year.

Jones Jr.
Payton
George Jr.
Bumphus
Jackson
Blakely
Butler
Tremblay
Solomon

Mostly due to the covid year, everyone else can return if they want. I know we will have guys hit the portal and one or two may go pro (Mays), but I was surprised at the low number and thought it was interesting.

Heupel strikes me as the type of guy who has a notebook with names in his back pocket, but he’ll never let you know about it. He just quietly takes care of business

My brother lives in NW Arkansas and works at a corporate office. Knows someone who knows Barry Odom’s family. Said Heupel told Odom he would put it on Mizzou if he got the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back