Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m still at war with the fruit flies of my apartment. Girlfriend and I have cleaned the place spotless and they’re still here. We’re really kinda stumped on why. Apartment was never really dirty, and it’s even cleaner now.

so you're saying there is no fruit left out whatsoever?

nothing in the pantry that isn't in a brown paper bag? no bananas in the open or uncovered in paper bag?

everything else is in the fridge?

I never gamble, but I just put a decent sum on our Vols to cover Saturday. Hope Mizzou game wasn't a fluke.

Last weekend was the smash spot and easy cover. I don’t like double digit spread games. It opened at -12 and was immediately bet down to -10/10.5. Imo better to sit it out and wait to see if it is a fluke as a fan instead of bettor.

I think LSU is one to jump on at Ky. Coach O off a loss. KY off a win public will be all over them without looking into the details at see that LSU should have easily beat Auburn and KY should have easily lost to Florida. LSU didn’t punt until 4th Qtr but they kept setting for FGs. If those were TDs that game is over early. KY offense is 🗑

black jerseys for South Carolina at noon? With a white helmet?

fox-mulder.gif

Last weekend was the smash spot and easy cover. I don’t like double digit spread games. It opened at -12 and was immediately bet down to -10/10.5. Imo better to sit it out and wait to see if it is a fluke as a fan instead of bettor.

I think LSU is one to jump on at Ky. Coach O off a loss. KY off a win public will be all over them without looking into the details at see that LSU should have easily beat Auburn and KY should have easily lost to Florida. LSU didn’t punt until 4th Qtr but they kept setting for FGs. If those were TDs that game is over early. KY offense is 🗑
You're probably right, but too late now. I got it at -10. I honestly thought Mizzou was better than USCjr prior to our game with them. I've watched USCjrs games this season. They're not good. If we can't beat them by at least 2 TDs at home then we are in trouble. Only way we don't is if we make a bunch of costly mistakes and turnovers. We shall see I guess.

Reactions: triadvolfan
Yeah…parts of two seasons at the SAME SCHOOL running the SAME OFFENSIVE SYSTEM. That shows he adjusted to opposing DC’s who had a scouting report on him…commonly referred to as CONSISTENCY. Maybe someone would take a flyer on Hooker in the 6th or 7th but more likely an UDFA.

Hooker did that at VA Tech too. He had back to back seasons for the Hookies with stats similar to Davis Mills, except Hooker added almost 1k rushing yards in those two seasons AT THE SAME SCHOOL running the SAME OFFENSIVE SYSTEM.

I'm saying if Hooker ends up at or near 3k passing yards and 500+ rushing yards then he may test the waters. I'm also saying that I personally hope if he does enter the draft he gets taken in the first 1-3 rounds. Realistically he's more likely to be taken in rounds 4 to 7, but I'm actually a fan of our players getting drafted as high as possible.

Tennessee coach Josh Heupel offered two-fold advice to his players on how to react to their biggest win of his debut season.

Be at your best in the final 48 hours before kickoff. And don’t listen to your girlfriend or your dog.

Heupel wants to repeat the strong preparation of last week. But he knows his players could be buttered up by praise from that lopsided win. So he advised them to look forward.

“For your friends, your family, your girlfriend, your dog, they get to talk about what happened the previous week,” Heupel said. “As a competitor, the tough thing and the great thing is that when you come back in the building, man, it’s on to the next one.

“And the only thing that matters is the next one. So we are only as good as we are on Saturday at 12 o’clock against South Carolina.”

Accordingly, Heupel said the team’s preparation in the final 48 hours before kickoff (against MO) was “our best that we’ve been since I’ve been here.” That’s notable because Heupel criticized the Vols’ final 48 hours of preparation early in the season, especially after a 41-34 loss to Pittsburgh.

But safety Jaylen McCollough said players watched game film more closely, paid better attention in meetings and reviewed every small detail of the game plan before routing Missouri.

“When it’s more of a mental type atmosphere, it gets easier to lose focus,” said McCollough, who had his team-leading second interception against Missouri. “But the leaders on the team just honed in on harping on the details, locking in on the details, and it showed.”

Pairing the preparation with the result gives Heupel a proof of concept to sell to his players. On film, he said they saw the small details that they rehearsed before the game and then executed in the win.

“There’s a rhyme and reason behind everything we are doing in our program, and those things play out on game day,” Heupel said. “The performance from the other day should create buy-in from our players and trust in what we’re doing.”

My dog likes this post.

I'll be rooting for this outcome. I wish Twitter, Tik Tok, and Instagram would suffer a similar fate.

World would instantly improve.

Sidenote:
Every time I watch a YouTube video, I get a Tik Tok ad, teenage girls doing some stupid dance, acting goofy and listening to current pop "music".

I'm a grumpy azz 46 year old male.
What fresh hell is this!?!?

You're probably right, but too late now. I got it at -10. I honestly thought Mizzou was better than USCjr prior to our game with them. I've watched USCjrs games this season. They're not good. If we can't beat them by at least 2 TDs at home then we are in trouble. Only way we don't is if we make a bunch of costly mistakes and turnovers. We shall see I guess.

We can def smash them. I just prefer sit this one out at that number since I don’t like their DL vs our OL matchup on paper and I think they try to make it messy and have a running QB. The TN/SC game is always so close although it’s hard to tell with two new staffs. I think the early morning practices have really helped our noon game starts. We have avoided the flat start in noon games so far.

Of course….. he is rich, and famous….. women are throwing themselves at him. It would be hard for anyone of us.
They don't get it...acting all high and sanctimonious...All Powerful people go through it, some better than others.

Even the greatest Bible heroes failed. I'm not even that Powerful or famous and it gets thrown at me all the time. It can take all small lapse(alcohol, high, just got into an argument) and 💥

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
World would instantly improve.

Sidenote:
Every time I watch a YouTube video, I get a Tik Tok ad, teenage girls doing some stupid dance, acting goofy and listening to current pop "music".

I'm a grumpy azz 46 year old male.
What fresh hell is this!?!?
Same here and I’ve never been on tiktok in my life. I get some really funky ads on youtuhe

They don't get it...acting all high and sanctimonious...All Powerful people go through it, some better than others.

Even the greatest Bible heroes failed. I'm not even that Powerful or famous and it gets thrown at me all the time. It can take all small lapse(alcohol, high, just got into an argument) and 💥
I don’t ever get thrown at me and it’s still hard lol

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
None of the equipment guys, none of the student trainers, nor any other auxiliary guys know anything at all about us potentially wearing black uniforms this weekend or any other weekend. That being said….. they weren’t told until right befor gametime the last time we wore black.
That's just because Kiffin sent a kid over to Discount Uniform Warehouse to get them a few hours before kickoff.

Personally I like the way they are recruiting. I know we like to see those early commits but, Pruitts staff would have people commit then have higher rated recruits jump in and then drop those guys.

Honestly that is a terrible way to recruit and it’s my understand that this staff is very straight forward. If they want you they want you.

To be fair, that way doesn’t bother me because the kids do the exact same thing. It’s a tough business, but you always have to be ready for changes. Pruitt just didn’t have on field success to boast about.

None of the equipment guys, none of the student trainers, nor any other auxiliary guys know anything at all about us potentially wearing black uniforms this weekend or any other weekend. That being said….. they weren’t told until right befor gametime the last time we wore black.

They probably wouldn’t say not with this AD calling shots. Current team is also focused on current week. Cade said two weeks ago the player council usually picks the uniforms they want to wear that week. The black Jersey exists otherwise the vol shop and alumni hall wouldn’t have Nike Black jersey. AP has also said black uniform exists. The problem has been will they have a black helmet in time to be able to wear this year as had trouble getting them with everything going on in supply chains

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back