Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing devil's advocate here........so are you also saying that Jack Tatum, Lester Hayes, Mel Blount, Charlie Waters, or Ken Houston couldn't play defensive back today? They are also subjective? Lynn Swann, Drew Pearson, Lance Alworth, or Fred Biletnikoff couldn't play today and are overrated?
Had they come up through the systems today as young kids with modern weight lifting, hs, college and personal coching. Yes. If they were dropped in as players in todays game as adults, no they could not.

I just had it done yesterday. Slept for hours after. Woke up with no pain and only my eye lashes sticking together due to drops or gel. Feel great! Best and easier experience I’ve ever had.
Update!!! No pain, no dry eyes, no foreign object in my eye feeling. Light sensitive a little depending on type of light and 20/15 vision. Its like a dang magic trick!

Bring Jim Brown forward in time and I think he'd be equivalent of Derrick Henry, if not better.
I think if prime Jim Brown were dropped in todays game he would be considered a good running back but not the elite of the elite.

Had they come up through the systems today as young kids with modern weight lifting, hs, college and personal coching. Yes. If they were dropped in as players in todays game as adults, no they could not.
That can be said for almost anyone in any sport

Aggies land 5 star Defensive lineman Shemar Stewart and are about to land high 4 star safety Jacoby Matthews from Louisiana so far they have 4 of the top 11 players nationally and 10 of the top 45. Goodness gracious

I wasn't responding to the merits of the Flores case, but the statement that it was racist for teams to interview a candidate simply because he's black. The cure may be worse than the problem. If a team's leadership is racist, making them interview or hire minorities isn't going to make them less so, and it puts the minorities into situations that are overtly hostile. It's sad, but the heart of man isn't cleaning up any time soon.

This assumes all are overt and "strong" racists When many are subconsciously so. Just look at all the blind studies of resume callbacks with "black" names vs otherwise...much of it is unknown to the individual more often.

As often is the case, sometimes the best solution is being exposed to others. Whether it be orientation, race, nationality, etc.

Aggies land 5 star Defensive lineman Shemar Stewart and are about to land high 4 star safety Jacoby Matthews from Louisiana so far they have 4 of the top 11 players nationally and 10 of the top 45. Goodness gracious
And still have Jimbo as Coach........and Jameis ain't coming thru the door.

Sure . . .

VictoriousEdibleBarracuda-size_restricted.gif

Sure . . .

...but notice "We never cheated to get a player. We never paid a player." What he didn't say is just as important as what he did say. He didn't say that someone didn't get paid for a player, it just wasn't the player directly, and it was done in a way that wasn't against the rules. Skirting rules has been an art form in Alabama for many decades.

They're dropping off loads of money. Likely the best recruiting class (on paper) in history.

...but notice "We never cheated to get a player. We never paid a player." What he didn't say is just as important as what he did say. He didn't say that someone didn't get paid for a player, it just wasn't the player directly, and it was done in a way that wasn't against the rules. Skirting rules has been an art form in Alabama for many decades.
Or it wasn’t the staff that did it. It was boosters or whoever else.

They're dropping off loads of money. Likely the best recruiting class (on paper) in history.
And people think Saban is just "warning" the league. Naw, he's legit worried his hegemony is over with the push of Texas money.

While I'm not "for" all of this, if it means Saban crying and taking his ball home, then I'll gladly watch with glee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back