Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the officiating has gotten progressively worse and has been allowed to change the outcome of games, I think it's past time that something is done about it. When there is clear evidence that poor officiating is affecting games and programs in the ways it's been doing, the issue needs to be addressed and someone needs to be accountable. Looking the other way accomplishes nothing, and sweeping things under the rug indicates they don't matter. But you're right, it's over and the only path is forward.
Should have begun at least 20 years ago. Cut the worst and begin letting the robots take over.

I've said it since forever - humans just aren't cut out for the job. They weren't 120 years ago...50 years ago...10 years ago...nor tonight. Just like humans driving cars. Replace them with optimized computer/sensory systems ASAP.

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991
I guarantee you a majority of this team is back at it by Monday.

Hendo & WRs getting passes in. Defensive guys watching film or hitting weights.
As I posted in another thread…

This is best case scenario IMO….had a really good season and can build on it, but the coaches have a drum to beat in the off-season.

“Don’t leave it to the refs next time

Hooker made some great decisions and some wuts. He made some good passes and some duds. He helped the team score 45 points when #2 would have topped out at 17 max. Hooker is his own version of Dobbs without a doubt. Will see how far that takes them next season.

Heup had a similar track record in that game as Hooker. The game was lost in the second quarter. We had momentum and then they just went into a shell on O. D did good to hold them to 3 FG's instead of TD's in that quarter. It could have been worse. The game could have easily been won in the last 44 seconds. That was some bizarre play calling going for bombs when you need 15 yards to be in solid FG position and you have time outs. Running the ball ate up over half of the time. Why? But still, you should win a game when you score 45 points in regulation.

So Banks showed up for the game big time. Who else? Which is the problem. A few guys had a few solid plays, but overall that was as pathetic as it gets on D even with the picks. Bad high schoolish secondary play. Why did Burrell keep getting to play? Beasley - c'mon man. D-line got whupped. Not strong enough with good enough technique to break free of the holds that were never called.

Portal. All defense. Buy them all.

You can definitely question the end of regulation play calling but Tillman and Jones both were open and with better passes are TDs. I personally hate "playing" for the FG bc college kickers are bout as reliable as those condoms they use to pass out at the UC back in the day.

Reactions: DeepPurpleFloyd
I know. If we execute better though we still win that going away, I want a coach and staff that points that out. Dayne misses a block & Hendo is bothered on a throw to a wide open Hyatt.

Defense gives up on a tackle & let a slow ass TE score a TD.

Heupel’s conversation to the team should have started with “Officiating ****ed us. But we have to execute well enough they can’t cost us games.”

Oh, I agree. The team didn't play well. The game was poorly officiated and the Vols took the brunt of that, but we had chances to win and we didn't capitalize. We need to get better and not put ourselves in the position where a game we should've put away early can be snatched away in the final seconds by a bad call. Everybody on both sidelines knew the whistle was against us all night, and our players and coaches knew we would have to overcome obstacles to win. We had the players and the ability.

Control the controllables. We didn't.

Sometimes I watch sports and I feel like I'm watching the WWF. It is entertainment. That's all it is. The refs are protected because subjectivity always leaves options.

We have technology in place to make officiating easier and better, yet we choose to ignore it. Multiple sports have done this. In fact, multiple leagues have gone out of their way to enact MORE subjective rules/penalties.

Some of the refs may as well be the refs from old time WWF that are too late slapping out the 3-count, or get duped and miss some sort of blatant cheating.

As long as officiating is handed a rule book that allows for massive gray area, and as long as they never have to answer for their performance, we will just be at the whim of whatever happens from that part of the game. It's really unfortunate.

Oh, I agree. The team didn't play well. The game was poorly officiated and the Vols took the brunt of that, but we had chances to win and we didn't capitalize. We need to get better and not put ourselves in the position where a game we should've put away early can be snatched away in the final seconds by a bad call. Everybody on both sidelines knew the whistle was against us all night, and our players and coaches knew we would have to overcome obstacles to win. We had the players and the ability.

Control the controllables. We didn't.
What would be the reasoning behind the officials being behind Purdue? Tennessee was the brand name in that stadium tonight.

san
Well, you can forget Sankey getting involved. I'm surprised he doesn't have whiplash from looking the other way.
key is the biggest tool in college football that there is. He is useless and just keeps getting a check and sucks saban etc.

What would be the reasoning behind the officials being behind Purdue? Tennessee was the brand name in that stadium tonight.
There was a TON of money on Tennessee from +3 all the way to -7.5. A TON of money. This includes Tennessee ML tickets, Tennessee being in a lot of parlays (even more money tied in on the Vols).

We are talking millions of dollars, legal and illegal. A huge liability for the books.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back