Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the officiating has gotten progressively worse and has been allowed to change the outcome of games, I think it's past time that something is done about it. When there is clear evidence that poor officiating is affecting games and programs in the ways it's been doing, the issue needs to be addressed and someone needs to be accountable. Looking the other way accomplishes nothing, and sweeping things under the rug indicates they don't matter. But you're right, it's over and the only path is forward.

Apparently that was the same crew that blew that Miami-Duke game some years back. And got suspended for it.

Yet here they are. Badly botching another call at the most crucial moment of the game.

I need to go back and watch that TE TD where it appeared to me his forward progress was stopped before turning up the sideline. Maybe it wasn't but I need to find that replay.
That was just as much stopped forward progress as ours. That official should be absolutely blasted for calling forward progress on a goal line play.

However, they didn't call pulling the runner on us, so if the official has been perfect there it wouldn't have been a td anyway. Doesn't excuse his horrible call and lots of horrible calls all night.

Reactions: JT3
Well, that was a sucky, painful way to end the season. Fitting, I guess, that horrible officiating once again cost us a game. At least two of the PI calls on Burrell were not PI, and the ACC refs didn't come close to calling PI the same both ways. And Wright scored a TD. They can try and explain it away all they want, but it was a TD.

Credit to Purdue, they showed up to play. And their receivers pulled off some great catches.

After watching that game, I have a new opinion on our biggest weakness. Secondary. I thought it was LBs, but no, it's our secondary. Without Taylor, we looked horrible. I still think we need a LB from the portal, if for no other reason, depth, but we desperately need secondary help. A CB, a safety, maybe two CBs and two safeties, but the weakness was glaring. And our DL desperately needs to hit the weight room this offseason because their push is horrible.

Offensively, what happened to Hooker? Good first quarter, good fourth quarter, but in between, he looked lost. And was Small hurt in OT? Is that why Wright was running the ball? It made no sense to me that Small wasn't in. I have to assume he was hurt. And I think we may need to look at the portal for at least one more OL, possibly two. I know we got Mincey, but I don't think he'll be enough. And a WR to play opposite Tillman. We need one. Maybe it could be Hyatt, but I'm not convinced. I actually thought Hyatt played well. He had a TD. I think he could have done more if Hooker hadn't zoned out for the second and third quarters.

I'm sure there are lots of negas out tonight, which is why I'm not going to read back through the thread. I don't need to know their irrelevant opinions as they pretend to be Vol fans when clearly, they are not. Screw 'em. They suck, and they are nothing more than parasites.

I really wish we had won. I think we would have won if not for the poor officiating. But Purdue showed up for a fight, and they deserve credit for a hard-fought game. My opinion that we got screwed will not change. But I also don't think our team showed up like Purdue's team did. They had a massive chip on their shoulder, and clearly, we did not.

That game hurt.

Well, you can forget Sankey getting involved. I'm surprised he doesn't have whiplash from looking the other way.

I know. If we execute better though we still win that going away, I want a coach and staff that points that out. Dayne misses a block & Hendo is bothered on a throw to a wide open Hyatt.

Defense gives up on a tackle & let a slow ass TE score a TD.

Heupel’s conversation to the team should have started with “Officiating ****ed us. But we have to execute well enough they can’t cost us games.”

I can't give them credit. It's not their fault but it's tainted. No one won tonight, imo. And I would've felt similarly had we 'won' that way albeit it wouldn't be eating me up as bad.

Reactions: JacketVol
Hooker made some great decisions and some wuts. He made some good passes and some duds. He helped the team score 45 points when #2 would have topped out at 17 max. Hooker is his own version of Dobbs without a doubt. Will see how far that takes them next season.

Heup had a similar track record in that game as Hooker. The game was lost in the second quarter. We had momentum and then they just went into a shell on O. D did good to hold them to 3 FG's instead of TD's in that quarter. It could have been worse. The game could have easily been won in the last 44 seconds. That was some bizarre play calling going for bombs when you need 15 yards to be in solid FG position and you have time outs. Running the ball ate up over half of the time. Why? But still, you should win a game when you score 45 points in regulation.

So Banks showed up for the game big time. Who else? Which is the problem. A few guys had a few solid plays, but overall that was as pathetic as it gets on D even with the picks. Bad high schoolish secondary play. Why did Burrell keep getting to play? Beasley - c'mon man. D-line got whupped. Not strong enough with good enough technique to break free of the holds that were never called.

Portal. All defense. Buy them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back