Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Set a UT bowl record for TD passes.

No way I start throwing blame at anyone on offense.

Banks is the only defensive guy I can’t hate on, rest of the defense especially the secondary though…

Yeah, everyone minus Banks on defense deserves a good bit of blame. If I was of a mind to blame someone on offense, it would honestly be Heupel's game management for not managing the final drive a little better. Still, with just an average defensive performance keeps we aren't even in that situation.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
I disagree. We may not be at Bama/UGA level next year, but we were a few blown calls/flops from beating Ole Miss/Pitt/Purdue. I think just doing extra time in the weight room could make up the difference there.

We got most key players back, and we have yet to see what the portal will do for us. If we can gain half as much in the next year as we have in the past year, we will be fine.

It's 100% a disappointment if they don't win 8 regular season. Just a handful of plays from winning 9 this year. As long as we don't see any mass exodus the roster got better after ESD at important spots.
Roster better for the future. If we need more than 2-3 true freshmen to be major impact players next season, then 8 wins is definitely not the floor. There is a big difference between contributors and major impact players

I need to go back and watch that TE TD where it appeared to me his forward progress was stopped before turning up the sideline. Maybe it wasn't but I need to find that replay.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
End of the day won’t do any good, that was an ACC crew we may never have for a game again.

Commenting won’t change the result, so rather see the team & staff focus on next season.

As the officiating has gotten progressively worse and has been allowed to change the outcome of games, I think it's past time that something is done about it. When there is clear evidence that poor officiating is affecting games and programs in the ways it's been doing, the issue needs to be addressed and someone needs to be accountable. Looking the other way accomplishes nothing, and sweeping things under the rug indicates they don't matter. But you're right, it's over and the only path is forward.

At what age do you stop being so mad and letting these games effect your happiness? I’m genuinely concerned. I can handle losses but when we lose like this it eats at me all day and I’m in a terrible mood.

Reactions: barrylee and Hardy
Roster better for the future. If we need more than 2-3 true freshmen to be major impact players next season, then 8 wins is definitely not the floor. There is a big difference between contributors and major impact players

Webb, White, Williams, Josephs, Pearce, Phillips and West will all be relied on early and often imo and the team will be better for it. Youth doesn't bother me in key spots if the talent is better tbh. Guys are gonna have to play early. Need to hit on guys like Verse though.

As the officiating has gotten progressively worse and has been allowed to change the outcome of games, I think it's past time that something is done about it. When there is clear evidence that poor officiating is affecting games and programs in the ways it's been doing, the issue needs to be addressed and someone needs to be accountable. Looking the other way accomplishes nothing, and sweeping things under the rug indicates they don't matter. But you're right, it's over and the only path is forward.

Oh I agree, but that needs to be addressed by the ADs or conference commissioners more than the Head Coaches imo.

Kinda bugs me, Purdue was constantly praised with so many guys missing.

No mention of us missing Evans, Cade, Taylor, Turnage, Simmons or anyone else we didn’t have.
Yeah, that's the Purdue fans excuse for winning the game with the controversy-- they had players missing. We've been missing half a team all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back