Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get people who do that. I just can't consider that drive and a full game a daytrip. Who in their right mind spends 2.5 hours to drive...2 more hours to tailgate...4 hour game...just to drive 2.5 hours back home? Jmo but that's insanity. Plus it's Nashville...I'd think, especially for a bowl game, people would at least stay the night and party.
That's what I do to go to Knoxville. I don't party so no time needed for that. Know a lot of people that do the same thing.

Just like you can’t do a fake fair catch where you start to wave, but “aha, I stopped my wave and now I can run for a TD!” Except the fake slide is worse because the play really should be dead the moment the slide begins, whereas with a fair catch, the returner could still muff it, etc.

I do think the fair catch rule is a pretty good analog for a fake slide rule (only I wouldn’t penalize a fake slide because it is a bit harder to identify than a fair catch signal).

Reactions: OptimusPrimerib
Heupel with weeks to game plan for Purdue should be hell on wheels.
Yup. I tend to err on the side of respecting thy opponent. I tried to warn folks on BYU. I thought Pitt would be a good game and figured Pickett would give us trouble.

But, outside of their QB improving the last few games (and 3 of those 4 games were against AWFUL secondaries..."top 10 win" Mich St's is 130th out of 130 teams 😅) they just don't worry me. Their offense is mediocre. Their defense is good, but every B1G defense looks good...in the B1G.

I still think this is a game that's either a small win for us...or we break wideopen Q1 and they pull a Mizzou/USCjr/Northwestern/Iowa in a laugher.

HB could have been visiting friends at UGA. While he was there they were ragging UT, and encouraging him about his new horizon, and after a few brewskies, he lets loose on Twitter.com.
Hope to god he goes to UGA. Would be a blast if JTD bounced and they had to play HB. A much slower game manager like Bennett. Yes and thank you 😅

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back