Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the tie-in with Carolina’s coach?

Former Baylor coach, rumors (Joel Klatt) he doesn’t like the NFL as much and has a good track record at the college level.

His name has popped up for LSU in a few articles, but I think he’s a better fit at OU with his previous ties to Texas & Big 12.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I members when, a long long time ago, the media was ripe for Fulmer to take his program back and name himself coach. They had probably already written scathing articles about it, waiting for the announcement, to talk about how he had his grimy fingers all over the program the whole time.

Stoops just casually walks in ready to take over for OU when Riley bolts and nobody bats an eye.
Difference is that Stoops went out on his own accord…

I disagree. An interim is a last choice decision. It’s impossible to recruit in that situation. Players would transfer out and then good luck making a hire.

Yeah but unless they throw everything at Fickel who they gonna get that’s gonna have any excitement. And please don’t bring up Kingsbury, less than zero chance he leaves a SB possible NFL job to go back to college. Campbell just went 7-5 with his best roster yet, Purdue and Indiana coaches were also hit names the last few cycles but neither did anything great this year.

Talk about him all you want as long as it's not to proclaim your love and beg him to come back. We got our coach.

Agreed. I have my concerns whether Heupel is going to recruit at the highest level, but I am very happy with what he has done thus far.

Now, I don't know the odds of Heupel being pulled away, but in that scenario, I would take coach "K" over most any coach out there, including Freeze, by a mile.

Imagine if somehow Fulmer/Pruitt got their way and we fired Pruitt this year instead of last, with sanctions coming down?

We'd be so ****ed. I remember people "in the know" were saying admin admitted he wasn't the guy, yet he still would get another year? Never made any sense to me

Former Baylor coach, rumors (Joel Klatt) he doesn’t like the NFL as much and has a good track record at the college level.

His name has popped up for LSU in a few articles, but I think he’s a better fit at OU with his previous ties to Texas & Big 12.

Just don’t think NFL contracts are as easy to get out of unless they fire you. He’s getting paid roughly $8.5 million per year.

I’m aware of his resume, just didn’t know if it included the Sooners. Not scoffing at your guess…makes legit sense.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
I agree with most of this post,except the last part. Those three guys would have been 3 starters for us and hardly saw the field at OU.

Gray went from 157 carries to 70
Wanya participated in 6 games
Key Lawrence did more than the others
Sorry. He beat you on this one.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back