Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I members when, a long long time ago, the media was ripe for Fulmer to take his program back and name himself coach. They had probably already written scathing articles about it, waiting for the announcement, to talk about how he had his grimy fingers all over the program the whole time.

Stoops just casually walks in ready to take over for OU when Riley bolts and nobody bats an eye.

Things don’t stay status quo and I don’t think the past history between them helps them with the chore. That talent level can drop significantly in a calendar year…and already is. They weren’t too loaded to make room for 3 of our former players.
I agree with most of this post,except the last part. Those three guys would have been 3 starters for us and hardly saw the field at OU.

Gray went from 157 carries to 70
Wanya participated in 6 games
Key Lawrence did more than the others

Anyone talking about Hugh Freeze stepping up from purgatory and jumping into one of these spots? I could see him getting a look at maybe another school like KY or filling Napier's spot if Stoops leaves to go to LSU or OK... may be a name to watch out of the blue...

UK? Even Hugh Freeze has some standards.

I know, I know…

Reactions: i2amavol
I don't think Heupel is going anywhere, but do you, or does anyone, know if Heupel has a healthy buyout in his contract should he ever decide to leave? I know we've left ourselves unprotected in the past, I'm just hoping we learned from that.

It's enough to give most schools pause-- $8 mil if he leaves before the end of next season (12/15/22). IIRC, it drops by $2 million annually for the next few years, locking him in pretty good for 3-4 seasons.

At this point OU would be smart to talk Stoops into coaching for the next year and use that time to evaluate and find the best coach. If they move like we did after Kiffin left and rush to hire whoever they can, then chances are they gonna be in the same situation we’ve been in for the last decade. This year was already a rough year for a coaching search with no real strong candidates, then being late to the party all they can hope for at this point is Luke Fickel. Other than those they are settling for 6-6/8-4 level coaches

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I really want Harsin to leave… for no other reason than to just set back those cheaters and lying snakes at Auburn who always are a pain in recruiting not to mention that damn cabin…

I actually want Harsin to stay. I think he’s going to set Auburn back and potentially run them into the ground. He’s not a bad coach, but his style will lead Auburn to mediocrity. Let him stay there another 2 seasons. I think we are okay with Auburn’s current situation.

I agree with most of this post,except the last part. Those three guys would have been 3 starters for us and hardly saw the field at OU.

Gray went from 157 carries to 70
Wanya participated in 6 games
Key Lawrence did more than the others
I’m aware…totally. I’ve been paying attention. Point is they were desired and formerly recruited by that program. Shouldn’t have had room if they were 3 deep on us. Not that far apart and easily surmountable in today’s game.

At this point OU would be smart to talk Stoops into coaching for the next year and use that time to evaluate and find the best coach. If they move like we did after Kiffin left and rush to hire whoever they can, then chances are they gonna be in the same situation we’ve been in for the last decade. This year was already a rough year for a coaching search with no real strong candidates, then being late to the party all they can hope for at this point is Luke Fickel. Other than those they are settling for 6-6/8-4 level coaches
I disagree. An interim is a last choice decision. It’s impossible to recruit in that situation. Players would transfer out and then good luck making a hire.

This guy don’t know anything, he just threw out the one name he could find for OU alum that are also a decent coach. I guarantee he has ZERO sources for this and it’s just an attempt to get some clout to try and land a job, if it sticks, so he doesn’t have to claim to be “semi-retired”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back