Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
So last night I took the wife and our 12 year old daughter to eat at a local Mexican restaurant. They had a soccer game on the TVs and my daughter said "ooh one of their guys just got hurt". I looked up and he was laying on the ground like soccer players do and I said "it's soccer, he's fine and will probably be up running here in a few". Thats when my 12 year old daughter said "what like Ole Miss players". It is at this moment that I knew I had succeeded as a father.

Man you got lots of excuses. Lol Go read the injury report for the Braves. We literally had to sign numerous people mid season. Gotta work with what you have. Both teams are missing key pieces. It’s gonna be a great series. Every game has been close.
I’m not making any excuses…. I’m being realistic….. excuses is what you make after you lose…. We haven’t lost anything yet…I was feeling pretty good about our playoff chances till we lost muncy and Kershaw the last week of the season.

Well, we (the Dodgers) really only have three starters and I think none of them pitch on enough rest at this point. So even though Urias starts tonight, there’s a good chance he doesn’t go deep and this ends up essentially as a bullpen game for us, too. And our ‘pen has pitched a lot already.
Both pens have. May end up being an offensive slugfest soon. I don’t like the Braves chances if it comes to that.

If Bryce young couldn’t run, I’d like our chances of keeping it really close, with Atleast a chance to win in the 4th.. unfortunately, the dude can make plays with his feet

Eh. He's got 28 carries for -2 yards this year. 15 of those are sacks. He's got good feet but he's not nearly as good or willing a runner as Corral.

That whole situation was a fiasco from Schianomo, Currie getting canned, and Fulmer coming in then bringing on Pruitt. I was pumped at the time to hear a coach that used football speak instead of Butchisms. Little did I know it was just that he was an idiot. Should have known when Saban praised the hire we had done messed up.

I remember reading the tipping point for Fulmer was the understanding of what it takes (football talk) sales job and the names Pruitt said he eventually wanted and could get for assistants.

At the time, all the BS and SEC experience got me hyped, too. At least before I knew that it didn't matter who he hired because EVERYONE would conform to Pruitt ball or else.
Hindsight is a helluva superpower. But I joined in with Pruitt's screaming at kids being applauded as man's football and us adding up combined championships of all those assistants.
Along with a lot of us high-fiving that we were finally going to be paying players Bama and GA money.
Makes me sick thinking that I fell for what that giant skin tag looking genital wart was selling. But I swear, it seems like I was in a larger crowd at the time😄

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back