Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two comments this morning: I would go to war for Rick Barnes. Fulmer can EAD for bringing Pruitt here.
The most frustrating part about it all is that Mel Tucker was one of the candidates for the job and Fulmer seemingly hired Pruitt over him. Michigan State is a top 10 team with Mel Tucker as the coach.

The timing of this is awful interesting. It's almost like Pruitt & Co. thought "hey they are already in a pickle cause of that Ole Miss mess, bet they don't want any more bad press right now!"

I sure as hell hope we didn't go through all the trouble of investigating AND handing over findings just to still pay that gump SOB.

Two comments this morning: I would go to war for Rick Barnes. Fulmer can EAD for bringing Pruitt here.
It wasnt like anyone was jumping on board. I personally think it goes waay past this, to not hiring Gary Patterson or a proven winner when we had the chance 10 years ago.

Anyway, Fulmer hired Pruitt - we wanted to be Bama ans it failed. So, criticism is warranted. Bottom line is Pruitt cheated, badly. No way he gets that money.

It wasnt like anyone was jumping on board. I personally think it goes waay past this, to not hiring Gary Patterson or a proven winner when we had the chance 10 years ago.

Anyway, Fulmer hired Pruitt - we wanted to be Bama ans it failed. So, criticism is warranted. Bottom line is Pruitt cheated, badly. No way he gets that money.
If I recall correctly, there was a timeline. Oct 29.Edit: pruitt’s attny’s deadline to respond or he starts talking. Empty threat, but still a day to look out for.

If I recall correctly, there was a timeline. Oct 29.Edit: pruitt’s attny’s deadline to respond or he starts talking. Empty threat, but still a day to look out for.
This truly feels like chess & checkers.

The defendant wearing clown shows holding a pair of 2's, going all in. While sharply dressed mathematician, with Gene Cochran on retainer, holds Royal Flush.

Who do you think will look better in a Court room, or, in depositions? Team of highly paid professionals, or, Bozo?

Pruitt & company thinking making this public will get them a settlement, and I don't think they even want the full amount but that's where they start.

What I don't get is unless we've all been fed bad information wasn't he offered a settlement (for less than left on contract) 9 months ago before it all hit the fan and the arrogant SOB didn't want to take the money and run cause he thought he was entitled to the full buyout?

Yeah, that pitch was actually a good pitch. It should’ve been high enough that there was no way he could get on top of that and drive it, but somehow he did. He’s a former MVP for a reason. I’m afraid the Braves are going to look back at that moment and realize that is when they lost the series. Momentum is a huge thing in the playoffs. To have a 3-0 lead with two games at home, that would’ve been astronomical for the 2nd best team to overcome. It would’ve taken a major choke job. Now, the Dodgers get a bullpen game from the Braves tonight which could easily see them going off on offense and tying the series.
I really thought that whoever the Dodgers played this round would beat us.(Dodgers) Having to go through the wildcard…. Trough series against the Giants has our limited pitching staff wore out…. Losing Bauer, may, Duffy, and Kershaw has us down to three starters…. That would not be as big a deal if we didn’t have to win a wildcard and go 5 to beat the Giants. On offense…. Losing Max Muncy has killed us and then Turner has been pretty much useless since he has been dealing with a neck injury…. Once the Braves have got pst our clean up hitter…. It was pretty easy sailing through the rest of the order…. I’m hoping Bellinger is figuring it out and Turner starts to feel better…… We need a big game out of Urias tonight.

Considering our starting quarterback(Hooker), first 2 in the rotation at running back(Evans and Small), our best WR (Payton) and our best d-linemen (Tremblay and Young) weren't on the team last year I think he can bring in some talent. Granted Pruitt recruited some of those guys but with the offseason we had/the transfer portal they could easily have been let out of a LOI but Coach Hype convinced them to stay.

I really thought that whoever the Dodgers played this round would beat us.(Dodgers) Having to go through the wildcard…. Trough series against the Giants has our limited pitching staff wore out…. Losing Bauer, may, Duffy, and Kershaw has us down to three starters…. That would not be as big a deal if we didn’t have to win a wildcard and go 5 to beat the Giants. On offense…. Losing Max Muncy has killed us and then Turner has been pretty much useless since he has been dealing with a neck injury…. Once the Braves have got pst our clean up hitter…. It was pretty easy sailing through the rest of the order…. I’m hoping Bellinger is figuring it out and Turner starts to feel better…… We need a big game out of Urias tonight.
Only thing is add to your comment would be to pluralize Turner…both of them have been pretty nonexistent in the playoffs.

The most frustrating part about it all is that Mel Tucker was one of the candidates for the job and Fulmer seemingly hired Pruitt over him. Michigan State is a top 10 team with Mel Tucker as the coach.
That whole situation was a fiasco from Schianomo, Currie getting canned, and Fulmer coming in then bringing on Pruitt. I was pumped at the time to hear a coach that used football speak instead of Butchisms. Little did I know it was just that he was an idiot. Should have known when Saban praised the hire we had done messed up.

This truly feels like chess & checkers.

The defendant wearing clown shows holding a pair of 2's, going all in. While sharply dressed mathematician, with Gene Cochran on retainer, holds Royal Flush.

Who do you think will look better in a Court room, or, in depositions? Team of highly paid professionals, or, Bozo?
Your version of chess and checkers sounds a lot like poker...

Only thing is add to your comment would be to pluralize Turner…both of them have been pretty nonexistent in the playoffs.
Trae is just struggling which is partly due to no max muncy behind him…. Justin has been dealing with a neck injury.

Pruitt’s lawyer must be as dumb as he is.

There it is.

It's that simple. You go to the imaginary public to try for a settlement - when 99% of the public that cares hates you? The other 1% hate UT and don't love you. The attorney and Pruitt can't even do a Hail Mary right.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back