Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope

When they publicly are turned down by a number of candidates many of which would have been taking steps up then it’s a failed search on paper.

that doesn’t mean it will fail in the years to come anymore than a home run type search on paper succeeded in Bob Shoop
There has only been one of those that I feel fairly confident that we tried to get and that is Washington.

I really think that JH and DW realize the absolute importance of the DC hire and our future success.
I hope they take as long as necessary in order to get the BEST person moving forward even though most of us just want to know who it is NOW. The waiting is causing way to much anxiety amongst the masses so Skittles will be handed out in the lobby........they will change your outlook for the better, they sure have helped mine !!!!

At this point, I've come to expect a "meh" hire at best, a "WTH??!" hire at worst. Of course many will immediately jump on board and defend it, and be mad at anyone who calls it for what it is. Hope I'm wrong, but I doubt I am. Defense is my favorite part of the game. I know most love offense and are excited by what JH will potentially bring on that side of the ball, but hard hits and takeaways have always been what I enjoy most. I was really hoping for an exciting DC hire, but it doesn't look like I'll get it. Which is really sad because I truly think a good DC is instrumental in JH being successful here. Without one, fans are going to be screaming for his head in 3 years.

Fans aren’t gonna get their way in 3 years tho. Only way that happens is if this thing completely implodes and we go 2-10 in Y3. So it doesn’t really matter.

You know, I really really hate that I am now going to start paying attention to the color of the coaches or players on teams now because it has never been something I have ever cared about. I was excited when we hired Ansley and Tee, and it had nothing to do with race. I really hate that I am going to start wondering if every black coach we hire from now on is because we are trying to gain approval. Just hate it.
I would humbly suggest that we really don't know what the search philosophy has been. All of this complaining about a diversity hire is mostly people on this board and not any kind of factual information. I know what LA said about it and people have taken that and run with it. I realize all the reported offers have been minorities, but none of us actually know who was interviewed, offered or pursued. At the end of the day, if we get a good DC, that is all that matters. We won't know how good a hire it was until we play football games. There will be plenty who will melt down, regardless of who it is. Let's just see who it is. That's all I'm saying.

Louisville and usc.

Also Rodgers

that’s 4

Penn state guy might be 5 but sounds like he wouldn’t even talk
I have not seen enough evidence to have faith in any of the other 3-4..... even AP made it sound like we were getting pretty close to Conklin and then backed off the next day..... I don’t think any of them knows until it gets pretty close to happening which is what happened to Washington.

Reactions: columbia vol
nope

When they publicly are turned down by a number of candidates many of which would have been taking steps up then it’s a failed search on paper.

that doesn’t mean it will fail in the years to anymore than a home run type search on paper succeeded in Bob Shoop
True, so why get hysterical about either one?

Well, no matter how down we are all feeling... Hopefully it cannot get worse than this. Block me if you want haha.

I'll never understand the mentality of the fans that keep wanting to trash a player that's no longer at Tennessee and actually gave it his best effort while he was a Vol. Did you drop a couple burger patties on the floor at work and get fussed at by your manager and now need to laugh at Guarantano to make you feel better about yourself? I don't get it.

There was a report that said Orlando did as well. I don’t recall from whom
That’s my point there have been so many reports and even reports that contradict each other that no one truly knows what to believe.....take the Louisville D/C for instance.... every single report that I have seen stated that we had interest in him..... I have never seen a report stating an offer.... What does interest mean? Reach out to his agent.... did we discuss the position with him.... interview him.... discuss terms...... that leaves room for a whole lot of speculation.

Well, no matter how down we are all feeling... Hopefully it cannot get worse than this. Block me if you want haha.

Not aiming this at you, but this kind of stuff is why vol twitter/fans get a bad reputation at times. The fact that someone put together a 7+ minute video of all the bad plays he's made over his career is a bad look. Was he the best QB here? No, but his coaches were Butch Jones and Jeremy Pruitt. He never had an OC for more than 2 years...I am glad he's gone but I respect the kid for sticking it out when many would have transferred out early on in their careers.

I'll never understand the mentality of the fans that keep wanting to trash a player that's no longer at Tennessee and actually gave it his best effort while he was a Vol. Did you drop a couple burger patties on the floor at work and get fussed at by your manager and now need to laugh at Guarantano to make you feel better about yourself? I don't get it.
Agreed. It’s time to shift our focus away from the previous four years or more and look forward to the guys on our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back