Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
It takes 2 to tango!
Just like in the HC search y’all were claiming nobody wanted the job.
We know that was a lie, but truth was we didn’t want the ones that wanted us.
Same thing now. They are taking the time to find someone that wants the job and that we want.
Who wanted us? Serious question.

We don’t have a clue if there is interest or not..... the only one I feel confident that we really negotiated with is Washington.
I agree, he and one maybe two others we have have had negotiations with. Many others have indicated they weren't interested. Just like our HC search.

Absolutely embarrassing
Why should we be embarrassed about something we don't know? Chasing that wild goose has been fun, but lets face it, we will know it when we know. Being in the dark is not really a bad feeling for me, but when we know, maybe that will be the time for embarrassment to set in. Or not. :cool:

The whole process of this hiring of a DC. White being involved & pushing certain candidates. We’ve literally missed on probably at least 8-9 guys.

I'll hold my righteous indignation until the DC is hired (if it's clearly a miss). Until then, how can we possibly be 'embarrassed' about second hand or third hand information?

Which ones did he name?
He never said I don't think but he reportedly had many TOP NOTCH coaches contact him. You would think if they were TOP NOTCH candidates their agent would reach out to the school but I can understand the importance of a Clay Travis vetting in the coaching hiring circles.

Reactions: Firebirdparts
He never said I don't think but he reportedly had many TOP NOTCH coaches contact him. You would think if they were TOP NOTCH candidates their agent would reach out to the school but I can understand the importance of a Clay Travis vetting in the coaching hiring circles.
Clay Travis is often FOS. He knew one coach, two at most who showed interest. One was a non starter because of his past and our current predicament. The other backed out.

Last edited:
Clay Travis is often FOS. He knew one coach, two at most who showed interest. I've was a non starter because of his past and our current predicament. The other backed out.
I think his thing is to spout out what makes him seem relevant. I use to listen to him in Nashville when he was on 104.5 and he slowly turned into a sports shock jock. His little act got old after a while, if someone said it was green he said it was red and when he was proven wrong he would just move on to the next subject to get people riled up.

Reactions: MwB
I think his thing is to spout out what makes him seem relevant. I use to listen to him in Nashville when he was on 104.5 and he slowly turned into a sports shock jock. His little act got old after a while, if someone said it was green he said it was red and when he was proven wrong he would just move on to the next subject to get people riled up.
That's where I know him from. I agree his schtick got old. I don't believe half of what he says.

Reactions: thistime and MwB
The unknown usually makes people apprehensive. Couple that with a fanbase long exposed to poor decision making and you get the current state of Tennessee fandom.

No news is both concerning and a blessing. The longer this goes the more concerned I get.

Reactions: preacherwebb
I hope to goodness these morons in the administration are learning their lesson to not cut your list into 1/4 of what it could have been if you based the hire on best available fit on field and not woke social media

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back