Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody knows
Perceived dysfunctional AD. Program facing sanctions. The list was shorter than many here are willing to admit. We are blinded by orange colored glasses, no one is beating our door down. DW had to use a fallback option in JH. We are what we are. Hopefully we get the right guy.

Haha, at this point I don't think beggars can be choosey as to the style! He better sign whoever says yes at this point. Also on the flood side hearing certain reports it may not matter what style Hype wants if the AD is doin the hiring.

Dan Quinn would be amazing. Just because you don’t blitz much doesn’t mean you can’t be aggressive.

Everyone has been gushing about Todd Bowles lately, rightfully so, but he’s near the bottom of the league in terms of blitz %. He’s just great at calling plays and being strategic with it.

The more I read/hear from this guy, the more I think he really isn't that much of an insider
If you have a 247 account you know he’s a legit insider. This past year Bob would be supplying the board with the information. The mods were absolutely clueless this past year. Bobs main source doesn’t work at Tenn anymore after Pruitt got fired. He still has some info just not as much.

You know, I really really hate that I am now going to start paying attention to the color of the coaches or players on teams now because it has never been something I have ever cared about. I was excited when we hired Ansley and Tee, and it had nothing to do with race. I really hate that I am going to start wondering if every black coach we hire from now on is because we are trying to gain approval. Just hate it.
Exactly

Perceived dysfunctional AD. Program facing sanctions. The list was shorter than many here are willing to admit. We are blinded by orange colored glasses, no one is beating our door down. DW had to use a fallback option in JH. We are what we are. Hopefully we get the right guy.
Take your time and get it right. Don't screw it up. I hope DW is a shrewd leader and I think there's evidence that he is. I'm gonna wait and see how it shakes out and hopefully things aren't as bad as they sound.

At this point, I've come to expect a "meh" hire at best, a "WTH??!" hire at worst. Of course many will immediately jump on board and defend it, and be mad at anyone who calls it for what it is. Hope I'm wrong, but I doubt I am. Defense is my favorite part of the game. I know most love offense and are excited by what JH will potentially bring on that side of the ball, but hard hits and takeaways have always been what I enjoy most. I was really hoping for an exciting DC hire, but it doesn't look like I'll get it. Which is really sad because I truly think a good DC is instrumental in JH being successful here. Without one, fans are going to be screaming for his head in 3 years.

EH, I have a hard time believing a #1 seed who got beaten by 20 by a #16 seed was the best team.
Maybe the UK team in 15 but again if they lost are they really the best.
The best team in college basketball loses in the tournament all the time.

Of course the greatest teams that we remember are the ones that dominated the season and the tournament, but in my life I have watched several teams that would have been thought of as one of the GOAT teams if they had won the Dance, go down to far lesser teams that they would have obliterated in a series.

At this point, I've come to expect a "meh" hire at best, a "WTH??!" hire at worst. Of course many will immediately jump on board and defend it, and be mad at anyone who calls it for what it is. Hope I'm wrong, but I doubt I am. Defense is my favorite part of the game. I know most love offense and are excited by what JH will potentially bring on that side of the ball, but hard hits and takeaways have always been what I enjoy most. I was really hoping for an exciting DC hire, but it doesn't look like I'll get it. Which is really sad because I truly think a good DC is instrumental in JH being successful here. Without one, fans are going to be screaming for his head in 3 years.
I have to agree..I am getting extremely nervous about this. We needed a really good DC and defensive staff to be paired with Josh, and at this point it will be pure luck if we get one....and we don't get lucky.

It is starting to feel like Heupel is doomed before he even gets started...poor guy.

Don't agree with you on some posts/ideas, but I have to agree with you on this.

Reactions: VolByLaw
Please take the job.
Conklin is the guy that I want to take the job now. I don’t think it would be a bad thing having another head coach on staff at all. I think Heupel has already stated that whoever is hired will be free to do the job that they were hired to do. If Heupel wants him on staff then I do too. We’ve all seen what happens when there is no staff cohesion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back