Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can tell you this with 100% confidence.
There isn’t a single person on this board knows anything.
tenor.gif

I expected a lot better from DW. I admire that he wanted a diversity hire. I think it's a bunch of BS that he seems to be pursuing only a diversity hire. Race should not be your top qualification.
You do the best you can, if you can't hire the guy you want you can't pigeon hole yourself. Get the best person available that fits your philosophy and move on.

I hope not. I’m really starting to get annoyed at this bs limiting your options based on skin color. Just find the best damn guy you can get that can help you win now. Kids asked for that not just a black coach. I’m pretty sure they would be just fine with an Amish mofo if he could coach them to wins. You can literally make all your position coaches minority if you want but don’t hire people because you think you need an appearance. No reason this dudes name should be anywhere near our DC search

Attachments

• 42BD8C40-1E28-4B06-A034-F8E376A3F92F.gif
    42BD8C40-1E28-4B06-A034-F8E376A3F92F.gif
    2.2 MB · Views: 36
Actually, true conservatives don't give a flying flip about race. We believe in merit. Did you work hard? Then you have earned a benefit. If you are the best candidate for a position then you should get it. If you mess up then you take a step back and regroup and try again. People think of conservatives as a bunch of powerful white men handing out prizes to whom they deem worthy but that is not what the conservative movement is at its core. Merit and compassion for others is what conservatives truly value.
conservative is what you read.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
being conservative has nothing to do with this. You’re view about that IS the problem. Statistically look at oppression in liberal cities and states. It’s astronomical the differences to conservative ones. (I know I know, political forum, but don’t be ignorant)
You read conservative

Many of you in here are the kind that pray. And I know many, many have asked for prayer. The Lord tells us to come to Him with our requests. So, I am asking you to pray for a fellow pastor and teacher named Voddie Baucham. If you search on YouTube I'm confident you'll find his messages quickly. I'm equally confident you'll be encouraged. Dr. Baucham has been diagnosed with heart failure. He's 52 with nine children, most whom are still at home. They live in Zambia where he's President of African Christian University. But they're asking for Christians everywhere to pray. If you go to a church that prays, would you mention this request tomorrow?

They've also set up a GoFundMe if you'd like to help.

Many of you in here are the kind that pray. And I know many, many have asked for prayer. The Lord tells us to come to Him with our requests. So, I am asking you to pray for a fellow pastor and teacher named Voddie Baucham. If you search on YouTube I'm confident you'll find his messages quickly. I'm equally confident you'll be encouraged. Dr. Baucham has been diagnosed with heart failure. He's 52 with nine children, most whom are still at home. They live in Zambia where he's President of African Christian University. But they're asking for Christians everywhere to pray. If you go to a church that prays, would you mention this request tomorrow?

From one preacher to another, This Pastor is AWESOME!!

I’m not a Christian, but I will pray.

From Bob on 247 earlier tonight...

Conklin may be back in play. There’s been some dialogue there today I’m hearing from the Conklin side. Tomorrow is the last day he is willing to take the job because his season with Wofford starts Feb 20th so he is wanting an answer soon from Tennessee.

Voddie has helped shaped my theology. His podcasts have been a blessing. Selfishly sad for myself when he left America to go to Africa, but I know God has bigger plans. Tough.

Praying for this man, his family and his ministry. Also lift up those on Volnation who struggle with their faith. One thing that this board should show us all is God uses flawed and imperfect people to lift each other up.

So I didn't realize Scott Frost took most of his staff from UCF to Nebraska. We can all tell how that went.... But that's what JH is doing on offense as well, taking his offense from UCF here. Hope it turns out differently than Nebraska...

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back