Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expected a lot better from DW. I admire that he wanted a diversity hire. I think it's a bunch of BS that he seems to be pursuing only a diversity hire. Race should not be your top qualification.
All I expect is that he turns the program around. I dont care how he does it. Doesn't mean I'm sitting comfortably as I watch him drive.

Reactions: UTJoe and CornFlake
If there are certain rules UT is playing by for the DC hire, Romeo Crennell is looking for a job. Maybe he could recruit JJ Watt.

seriously though, how common is it for a P5 program to not have a DC by mid-Feb?

tennessee-takeawayfrommediadays-image.jpg

Too soon?

Man, this is the only Cancel Culture I would be willing to get behind.

I expected a lot better from DW. I admire that he wanted a diversity hire. I think it's a bunch of BS that he seems to be pursuing only a diversity hire. Race should not be your top qualification.

Well then you are really going to be thrown for a loop when you find out that we tried to hire Todd Orlando at the outset of all of this.

I hope not. I’m really starting to get annoyed at this bs limiting your options based on skin color. Just find the best damn guy you can get that can help you win now. Kids asked for that not just a black coach. I’m pretty sure they would be just fine with an Amish mofo if he could coach them to wins. You can literally make all your position coaches minority if you want but don’t hire people because you think you need an appearance. No reason this dudes name should be anywhere near our DC search
L

Reactions: drvenner

No clue why you’re certain this is the case when exactly 1 candidate has legitimately been offered (Washington).

Everything else has just been third hand speculation.

Biggest problems I see with the basketball team are no pure shooter(s), no pure pg, no pure big, and Barnes not playing to the personnel. He’s trying to put a bunch of square pegs in round holes. This team is small, but pretty athletic with the 4 guards + pons line up. He needs to abandon his motion offense. We should be pushing the ball hard whether make or miss and mixing in more press defense. When we don’t get that we should have some set plays to try and get easy buckets. This team needs easy buckets with transition and with coaching. Not getting either and that’s why the offense is inconsistent. Relying too much on average scorers and shooters to put up points every night. Jmo
I’m in agreement with everything you said!

Reactions: Smokeytom
Just wanna let you guys know UK and Duke suck this year. I wonder if their fans want them gone?

I can’t wait till Barnes leaves and we hire a Donnie Tyndall, the tears streaming down yalls faces will be hilarious when we start actually getting smacked.

No wonder we can’t get anybody to take our football jobs when they can just log on to VN and see our fans whining about Rick Barnes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back