Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug Matthews saying he thinks Willie Martinez is going to be secondary coach. If true, no wonder they are chasing DCs. Hiring a staff and saying here is who your coaches are. Hopefully he is spitballing. Says Steele is a fall back option for DC.
“Say it with me, JEREMY. PRUITT. HIRED. STEELE.”
-Matthews

Poor old Doug has lost his info source and he appears to be getting what little info he has to form his opinions now from somebody that is less connected than most insiders on this site. He is doing nothing but speculating and hoping as most "UT INSIDERS" to stay relevant. He may know a lot of the old boosters and a coach or two but there is a new group up there on The Hill and they aren't as free with the info and telling everybody what they are doing and that's a good thing. The Sports Media in general need to understand that the only thing worse than no info is false info.

Y’all know who actually cares about this DC search? Just us.

Y’all know who will have any idea how long this search has taken? Just us.

Y’all know who will think we “settled” for the DC? Just us.

Y’all know who thinks we are a laughing stock because it’s taken “so long”? Just us.

Literally no one else cares including about half our own fan base who our DC is and how long it took.

My wife’s best friend is marrying a gator fan (gross), but we had lunch with them yesterday. He’s worried about Heupel because of how his offenses were at Mizzou, he asked how the DC search was. He had ZERO idea it’d been this long.

So if they don’t hire someone on your timeline then it’s an awful failed search.
I thought that it would have to be finished and an unacceptable hire made before it could be deemed a failure?
Oh yeah I forgot this is volnation

nope

When they publicly are turned down by a number of candidates many of which would have been taking steps up then it’s a failed search on paper.

that doesn’t mean it will fail in the years to come anymore than a home run type search on paper succeeded in Bob Shoop

Reactions: VolByLaw
Thought I would share something positive. View attachment 351413
Oh man. I used to love to go to the games back in the 1980s at the Ice Chalet. You could bring in drinks. The games often started like at 10 or 11 on a weekend night and there were frequent fisticuffs on the ice. From what I remember, and it's not much these were great times.

I have a feeling it will be Jancek.

Not an insider, less than zero sources, just a gut feeling (could be the hot wings last night).
There is a very obvious checklist of criteria we are looking for in a DC and Janceck doesn't fit them. He might be a position coach or analyst but not DC. That is just your BVS.

Reactions: VolsNUT
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back