Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Atlanta VOL - Glad you are happy with how things are going. Appreciate all you (and others) are doing and the info you occasionally pop in with. I have been a season ticket holder in the past. Just based on the AD hire I have been hunting season tickets again (for the first time in years). These guys make a great HC hire and just looking for season tickets easily turns into an annual donation again. I have friends telling me the same so it leads me to believe there are thousands just like me, ALL ready to do our small part in making Tennessee relevant again. Go Vols!

If Nebraska was a legit **** program I'd give Frost more benefit of the doubt. But honestly he's currently the only HC at Nebraska since the 1960s not to have a 9 win season in their tenure...

And he's yet to even have a 6 win season there. Riley the guy he replaced was 19-19, but had a 9-4 season in his 2nd year. He didn't inherit a dumpster fire and that program has been recruiting in the top 35 for ages, so there is talent on that roster.

With Peyton being involved in the AD & HC search, does anyone think it would help us in the recruitment of Arch? Peyton's family would trust his decision of putting the best people in Knoxville to help develop the players on & off the field. Maybe I'm thinking to far ahead but I thought it was interesting since he is apparently involved in this entire process.

Last edited:
Without citing his time at Nebraska, tell me why Frost couldn't do well here under White?

I now find the comment that White made today interesting. He said something to the effect of a really good coach can be successful or not based on the supporting infrastructure he has. Is that a pitch to Frost?

People have to realize Nebraska was a mess when he got there and he was bringing a completely different scheme that he shouldn’t have. His heart pulled him there despite recommendations from others that he should not take it. It’s too hard to consistently get the skill level guy he needs there and if you get a guy from South there how quick will they tire of Nebraska climate and go back home. See Wandale Robinson. Frost would win big here I strongly believe that.

Ok caught up....
I like the idea of Frost but his resume scares me..... He has only had 1 winning season as a HC
Tony Elliott... Done hate it but no more coordinators
Herman.... Maybe
Campbell.... Homerun rounding the bases twice because you did it backwards the first time
Fickell.... What he did at Cincy was impressive
Wildcard.... Kingsbury

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back