Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would they know if White hasn’t interviewed anyone yet?
didn't say they did.

but i still think it's a good sign if they're re thinking the decision based on recent events.

or

it could be they're not getting the feedback they hoped for, given the mess , and they don't have a choice.

either way, we look to be getting some good players back, possibly...and that's a good sign.

Based on this, and some things I am hearing, here is where I think we are:

White has a name above everyone else, and as I posted earlier, there's a meeting with that candidate tonight. I don't know this for sure, but I think it is Fickell.

I have also heard this bit about it being a 5 man search because a direct quote I got was "Elliott was called on Wednesday night when White got the job. I'd say he's like 5th on the list."

We're going to have to fill in some blanks, but I believe the board looks something like this:

1) Fickell
2)
3) Neal Brown
4)
5) Tony Elliott

This quote from @Stoerner Fumbles is telling to me, but I think he reaches the wrong assumption.

The "bend" would be a lack of head coaching experience, not a lack of integrity. He supposes it means Kiffin, I think it means Elliott.
Why would you hire a defensive coach? This is the SEC. That **** does not win anymore! My god... Just more of the same.

Reactions: Tnfan41
Because I feel like Frost is being given every opportunity to succeed at his alma mater. He is Nebraska football. I realize that life in the B1G is not the same for Nebraska as it used to be in the Big 12 or 8, but I just don’t know how you leave your school being unsuccessful to go to another rebuilding program that many people put in the same conversation as Nebraska. It would be like Peyton coming here to coach, being mediocre and then taking a different job without being fired. That’s how i see it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back