Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
ESPN article about how he turned around Iowa St. I like this excerpt:

When the job opened up a year later, the idea of taking the Cyclones from "the laughingstock of college football," as he often put it, to a place of national relevance appealed to him.

"There was a lot of hard road and a lot of tough waters that we had to start back over, clean up and get aligned," Campbell said.

Welp I’ve convinced myself he’s the only guy for the job.
Certainly sounds familiar to our situation. Only difference is he can turn us around to being a NC contender. You can’t do that most likely at Iowa St.

This is so false. Fleck actually played football -in the NFL even- which was one of Jones’s biggest flaws IMO. Jones followed Kelly into good situations twice. Fleck has had to build programs into record heights twice. The slogans/salesmanship is truly the ONLY similarity. It’s almost like saying Fleck is too much like Pruitt just because he is bald too.

The comparison to Jones is crazy.
Got this response saved do you? LOL

Reactions: ValleyAlVol
Not impressive. His winning season at Minnesota had a great win against PSU. Lost other two games against ranked Big 10 teams. All other wins were lackluster teams and a sub division team. Yes he beat Gus but so did Pruitt. You guys need to look at who his teams played.

They were also horrible this season.

He played the same damn teams every other Minnesota coach has played and none of them were able to do what he did.

That’s like saying Kiffin isn’t a good coach bc he’s only really won at FAU and they play crap opponents.

Or that Freeze isn’t good bc besides like 2 seasons he’s only really ever won big at Liberty.

Just by you comparing fleck to butch shows that you don’t actually know anything about him or are willing to take the time to research him and learn.
He’s a better coach than Butch but he’s not going to have us competing for championships. His slogan **** is 100% butch level.

Fleck would be successful here I just can’t stand his extra corny stuff. Take that out or tone it down then he is one I would jump on. His recruiting footprint is actually pretty wide. He has grabs a few guys from GA and FL and had success with them. Also quite a bit of Missouri and OH.

Reactions: Sleegro
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back