Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a common denominator tho when you look at what people from college are getting interviews and interest from NFL teams....

Ryan day, Lincoln Riley, Urban Meyer, Dan Mullen, Matt Campbell, and Tony Elliot..... that’s the list.

Tony isn’t on there by mistake. I’m tired of overthinking coaching hires. Ties, background, record, resume, etc there’s no science to it. Like we talked about earlier when is the last time the home run hire actually worked. Just get someone that’s well respected and let’s see what they can do.

Elliot aint well respected if we in here *****ing on him

With Tony Elliott calling plays and being involved in the game planning Clemson has
In 2015- Hung 40 on Bama
In 2016 Hung 31 on Ohio St and 35 on Bama
In 2018 Hung 30 on ND and 44 on Bama
In 2019 Hung 29 on Ohio St and 25 on LSU
So, Miss me with the they don't play anyone BS, his offenses have scored points on good teams aka teams with even talent.

Not hard with the same type talent

It's Pruitt again, but offense

As I’ve said, I prefer a sitting head coach, BUT, is it possible Jeremy Pruitt’s issues were the result of his temperament and personality and not simply because he was a first time HC?
If Jeremy Pruitt got the HC job at McNeese state or somewhere, his temperament still would have caused him to fail when running the program, and we never would have been in the position to hire him.

That's sort of the point. Not that Elliott will fail like Pruitt did, or that Pruitt's inexperience caused him to fail. It's simply that succeeding at a smaller school is more oppertunity to judge if someone has what it takes to be a HC before jumping in feet first.

In 2017 maybe we didn't have that luxury, but I think we do now. Could be wrong. But with the money we are talking about, we should be able to mitigate risk by requiring experience this time.

I’d like to see a detailed expanded list but from what I can gather hiring non sitting head coaches has had more success than hiring head coaches

assistant coaching hires
Day
Riley
Smartt
Pruitt
EdO
Pittman
I’ve got 5/6 success rate At present

head coaches hired
Lane
Mike leach
Herman
Jimbo
EliD
Taggert
Strong
Kelly
Frost

I’ve got 3/9 success rate at present

Newsflash: All head coaches were assistants at one point.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Based on insider speculation and rumors, I went to bed last night thinking DW was meeting with his first HC choice last night and it was all but done.

Now I’m seeing stuff about Elliot and I feel like we wiffed on our number 1. True?
Reading into it too much. No one knows much so its more speculation than substance.

With Tony Elliott calling plays and being involved in the game planning Clemson has
In 2015- Hung 40 on Bama
In 2016 Hung 31 on Ohio St and 35 on Bama
In 2018 Hung 30 on ND and 44 on Bama
In 2019 Hung 29 on Ohio St and 25 on LSU
So, Miss me with the they don't play anyone BS, his offenses have scored points on good teams aka teams with even talent.

Can he do that when the talent isn’t better or equal? I’m sorry, this has Jeremy 2.0 all over it. I’m sure he is a great offensive mind, but there is more to being a HC at UT than just running an offense. And no matter what you say, an ACC schedule is not equal to an SEC schedule. It just isn’t.

Reactions: 9876543vol
Clemson has traditionally recruited about on par with us, so he’s not doing it with Alabama or Georgia talent.

There is a common denominator tho when you look at what people from college are getting interviews and interest from NFL teams....

Ryan day, Lincoln Riley, Urban Meyer, Dan Mullen, Matt Campbell, and Tony Elliot..... that’s the list.

Tony isn’t on there by mistake. I’m tired of overthinking coaching hires. Ties, background, record, resume, etc there’s no science to it. Like we talked about earlier when is the last time the home run hire actually worked. Just get someone that’s well respected and let’s see what they can do.

Pruitt was well respected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back