Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know that isn't true at all. Elliott is actually liked as a person. A ton of schools have interviewed him. CFB would sing his praise and he would be a minority coach at a premiere football school in the south. Recruits and families would love it.

I like all of your words. My simpleton brain can’t shake the unfair comparison to Pruitt though. Coordinator, power 5 experience, lots of great talent to coach. It’s such a big job for anyone without HC experience, but if DW picks Elliott, then I’ll have to trust his judgment.

I'd be shocked if it's Kiffin but not surprised by freeze.
Freeze is as close to zero percent as we can get. They did not do all the compliance and integrity parade to turn around and undo all of that with Freeze. It's just not an option no matter how many games the fans feel like he might be able to win. I know, I know it's in his past, forgiveness and all that. But in our situation that doesn't matter. Forgiveness and 2nd chance was extended at Liberty. It is not unfair or unchristian to say he is not a fit for UT under our current circumstances. It is what it is.

There is a common denominator tho when you look at what people from college are getting interviews and interest from NFL teams....

Ryan day, Lincoln Riley, Urban Meyer, Dan Mullen, Matt Campbell, and Tony Elliot..... that’s the list.

Tony isn’t on there by mistake. I’m tired of overthinking coaching hires. Ties, background, record, resume, etc there’s no science to it. Like we talked about earlier when is the last time the home run hire actually worked. Just get someone that’s well respected and let’s see what they can do.
Doug Marrone, Greg Schiano...

This. He might be a great coach one day. But he’s never been the head guy and he’s always had more talent than the other team. The Tenn job is the exact opposite.
We have more talent than everyone we play outside of Bama and Georgia currently. Florida is debatable and everyone on this board sh*ts on Mullen’s recruiting. Now y’all are tucking tail 😂😂😂

Can he do that when the talent isn’t better or equal? I’m sorry, this has Jeremy 2.0 all over it. I’m sure he is a great offensive mind, but there is more to being a HC at UT than just running an offense. And no matter what you say, an ACC schedule is not equal to an SEC schedule. It just isn’t.
But we have talent on offense.
Hooker, Bailey, Saltor, Small, Evans, Hyatt, Wideman.... Win the ones you are supposed to with them and the 5* to beat Bama will come.

Reactions: MrVolton
Good morning Volnation. We still searching....are we onto resurrecting Vince Lombardi DNA and cloning a younger David Cutcliffe portion of the rumors?

With Tony Elliott calling plays and being involved in the game planning Clemson has
In 2015- Hung 40 on Bama
In 2016 Hung 31 on Ohio St and 35 on Bama
In 2018 Hung 30 on ND and 44 on Bama
In 2019 Hung 29 on Ohio St and 25 on LSU
So, Miss me with the they don't play anyone BS, his offenses have scored points on good teams aka teams with even talent.
Deshaun Watson. Trevor Lawrence. 5 star receivers. I could score points calling plays for them.

I guess, I mean what was I thinking, no Vol fan or anybody here would do what you suggested, right?

I’m not responsible for others.

I’ll hit the blue font next time, I figured it was pretty clear, and you weren’t the first to call it stupid.

I see we are still at warp speed! Last on at 8AM and am now 26 pages behind...on a SATURDAY MORNING!! Yeesh! Ok, time to buckle in and catch up. I need to be a divorce lawyer...I would be rich off Vol fans, because there is bound to be a bunch of divorces from spouses sick of us being on here so much in a coach search.

We have more talent than everyone we play outside of Bama and Georgia currently. Florida is debatable and everyone on this board sh*ts on Mullen’s recruiting. Now y’all are tucking tail 😂😂😂
And Clemson has only been top 5 recruiting the last two seasons. Before that they were 11, 16, 11, and 7. About the same as us. They are good at developing.

Clemson has traditionally recruited about on par with us, so he’s not doing it with Alabama or Georgia talent.
Has Clemson not been top like the last 8 years? Was he coach when Watson was there? We know he was Trevors OC. I’m not bashing the hire. I’d honestly prefer it over other names we’ve heard. They are in an awful conference and do have more talent than anyone in that conference. I do like the idea of him being a young offense mind with good recruiting ties to our region and could influence some good QBs to come here. If it were him. I’d be ok with it. The unknown is exciting. Guys like Fleck, Brown, Satterfield do nothing for me and I wouldn’t be too excited for the future if it was one of them. Elliot at least would be a wild card with a offensive background who has recruited the best of the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back