Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
A marginally better Butch Jones.

Decent coach, but too cliche and flashy.

Don’t compare poor guy to Butch. Butch followed success (not at UT) at his stops and just continued it on.

Fleck took over a bad program at Western Michigan. Went 1-11 his first year and somehow landed the highest rated recruiting class in the MAC. Then did that every year he was there. Then by year 4 went 13-1. Had Western Michigan’s first ever bowl victory his 3rd year. Then just had a great season at Minnesota.

He may indeed be too “much”, but you gotta give him credit to this point. Curious to see how he does the next few years.

Don’t compare poor guy to Butch. Butch followed success (not at UT) at his stops and just continued it on.

Fleck took over a bad program at Western Michigan. Went 1-11 his first year and somehow landed the highest rated recruiting class in the MAC. Then did that every year he was there. Then by year 4 went 13-1. Had Western Michigan’s first ever bowl victory his 3rd year. Then just had a great season at Minnesota.

He may indeed be too “much”, but you gotta give him credit to this point. Curious to see how he does the next few years.
Ok. I happen to think Butch would do something similar to Fleck in the BigWhatever. Outside of Ohio State and maybe one other team they’re not very good (like South Carolina or worse).

Fleck is a decent coach who has had some success, but he’s nothing special IMO.

Ok. I happen to think Butch would do something similar to Fleck in the BigWhatever. Outside of Ohio State and maybe one other team they’re not very good (like South Carolina or worse).

Fleck is a decent coach who has had some success, but he’s nothing special IMO.

Your overall take on Fleck is fair. And very well could be accurate. I just had to give him more credit due to building a program up.

Reactions: pierce60
Not at all a coaching replacement question just genuinely curious what others think about PJ Fleck?
He had a very young son who died, which is where the “row the boat” came from. He coached under Greg Schiano for a year.
Seems like a super good dude and a good X and O small school coach. He has had very good success wherever he has been, so you can argue he’s a very good coach. Needs a good DC if he was to go to a bigger school

He had a very young son who died, which is where the “row the boat” came from. He coached under Greg Schiano for a year.
Seems like a super good dude and a good X and O small school coach. He has had very good success wherever he has been, so you can argue he’s a very good coach. Needs a good DC if he was to go to a bigger school
Also it seems he runs that Ohio State offense. Spread and run with some triple option out of the gun

Not at all a coaching replacement question just genuinely curious what others think about PJ Fleck?

My husband is from Minnesota, so we've watched plenty of their games through the years. I'm impressed with Fleck. Seems like a genuine guy. High energy. Players' coach. He's turned Minnesota around quickly. Last year was by far their best year since I've been watching. And he's done it with lower rated guys.

gimmicks work in lesser leagues. def has a good story

Reactions: Volsdeep4
My husband is from Minnesota, so we've watched plenty of their games through the years. I'm impressed with Fleck. Seems like a genuine guy. High energy. Players' coach. He's turned Minnesota around quickly. Last year was by far their best year since I've been watching. And he's done it with lower rated guys.

I know they lost a lot off that team from last year. And it had some talent. Wouldn’t be surprised if they struggle this year but I’m interested to see what happens the next few years.

Reactions: Kristy*
Does the Maryland RB Jake Funk (247 recruiting score = 82) look really really good, or is just because he is playing against Minnesota?

Anybody else having RB and QB envy right now with Funk and Tualia T at Maryland?

Does the Maryland RB Jake Funk (247 recruiting score = 82) look really really good, or is just because he is playing against Minnesota?

Anybody else having RB and QB envy right now with Funk and Tualia T at Maryland?

Little Tua went 14/25, 0 TD, 3 INT against NW with 3 carries for -16 yds.

Funk had 6 carries for 35 yards against NW.

So I’m guessing the fact they were playing Minnesota had a lot to do with it.

Reactions: Shades
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back