Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted GS from the start and even before. You don’t lead Rutgers to Number 1 in the country without being a damn good head coach

What he did at Rutgers is impressive. I actually think on the field he would have been a very good coach
HE spent 6 years working directly under under sandusky

THat is enough for me to never want him to spend any time around any kid from TN or ever be in a leadership role in any a capacity

ALso he is a ahole

Last edited:
Maybe. But 28 days of quarantine make it very difficult to get any meaningful reps. I can't say that Bailey would have started the season, but I bet that Bailey would be considered much more right now if he had the spring and no quarantines.

Still no excuse for not getting him ready now. 1 coach should have been solely dedicated to making HB ready. As ready as he could possibly be. He’ll quarantine with him if needed. You have 1 more asst than you used to.

We need to know now if he can be the guy.

Yeah that’s a real good way to never get fill in the blank ever again after baby is born. If she’s in labor, good luck and praying for safe delivery!!!!
For you and the first time fathers that will be in the room when jr is born, wear a cup and ear plugs.

Last edited:
Don’t compare poor guy to Butch. Butch followed success (not at UT) at his stops and just continued it on.

Fleck took over a bad program at Western Michigan. Went 1-11 his first year and somehow landed the highest rated recruiting class in the MAC. Then did that every year he was there. Then by year 4 went 13-1. Had Western Michigan’s first ever bowl victory his 3rd year. Then just had a great season at Minnesota.

He may indeed be too “much”, but you gotta give him credit to this point. Curious to see how he does the next few years.
I don't think he is a fluke. Seems to be a very good coach that gets everything he can out of his players.

Reactions: MarcoVol
Fleck's a really good coach at a meh school/program. He's proved himself ready for prime time, IMO. Minnesota will never be elite.

I don’t like a coach with slogans. It backfires when you don’t succeed, and it gets old quickly.
Geoff Collins at Tech reminds me a lot of Butch with the stuff he does. I went to the Clemson-Tech game a couple of weeks ago and he's like a carbon copy with the slogans. On 3rd down they start playing music with this "money down" graphic blasting all over the stadium. When you are still doing it down by 64 points and the other team is playing their punter at QB it's pretty embarassing.

Next week I’d expect a mizzu type offensive game-plan with some of our OL getting more healthy allowing us to run those jumbo packages again. Arky has given up 240plus on ground last two games. They have taken advantage of offenses that want to be aggressive, play fast and get impatient. Chaney lit up Odom at Mizzu. So I at least have confidence we look better closer to week 2 than the previous 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back