Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trey defends him and I doubt anyone on the team will say anything bad about JG with Trey in his corner.

If that is the case we have identified the primary reason they have stunk for the past 10 quarters. Trey is one player. If the HC and assistant coaches cannot or will not override one player, there is no point in caring about the rest.

Yup they pretty much quit after the INTs. Was clear as day.

Sooooo no players told you that? Got it.

Also after those INTs (all 3 of them actually), we then:
- held UK to a FG
- went on a 14 play, 75 yds TD drive
- forced a 3 and out

We did end up punting next possession.

Doesn’t seem like they quit to me until the 2nd half when the D let UK march down the field for a TD on their first possession with a nearly 6 min drive.

Did the INTs help? Or course not. Terrible QB play in that game.

Do you have any idea what you’re talking about? Of course not. You don’t talk to players and you’re not on the team.

Both of these things can be true.

I guess I'm extremely biased or just haven't watched enough of Arkansas this year, but I asked a guy who makes lines for SEC games what his line was for the game next week....he said Arkansas -4.5. I would've had the Vols the slightest of favorites (-1).
Maybe if we were at home we would be a tiny favorite. I'm thinking Arky -3 at their place as of rn...we'll see how they do vs TAMU. I'm interested to watch Arky. Really haven't since the UGA game.

Maybe if we were at home we would be a tiny favorite. I'm thinking Arky -3 at their place as of rn...we'll see how they do vs TAMU. I'm interested to watch Arky. Really haven't since the UGA game.

agreed but I think this weeks game will influence the line. I think Arkansas looks like the Arkansas we expected this weekend.

I hope the line stays like it is and I am going to hammer the vols on the mL

Reactions: Ryno14

- held UK to a FG
- forced a 3 and out

Doesn’t seem like they quit to me until the 2nd half when the D let UK march down the field for a TD on their first possession with a nearly 6 min drive.

Do you have any idea what you’re talking about? Of course not. You don’t talk to players and you’re not on the team.

What player is going to admit they quit? That's a one way street straight to no playing time

I didn’t? I don’t see where you got that. Unless I misspoke.

Sorry I thought this was you saying you’d like the hire. My apologies

Yeah unfortunately he’s unproven and you’d have a flood of the idiot section of the fan base that’d have a full on panic attack & start tripping balls.

Reactions: GojiraVol17
I cannot believe how much people are coming on to this forum preemptively bashing Pruitt for not playing someone besides JG.

1. Pruitt said all week that there's no way he would play a freshman QB against Alabama.

2. Pruitt has had his best games after bye weeks. If he needs to make changes he always seems to wait until the bye week to do so.

3. Pruitt never starts a bunch of freshmen based off his last two years here. He does however, always give them more touches as the season goes on, which is how we get Eric Gray blowing up vs. Vanderbilt and Indiana. The biggest problem with freshman in the SEC is their ability to handle the whole season.

4. Pruitt will never throw a player under the bus.

All of this leads to the conclusion, in my mind, that Pruitt has no real intention of stating JG at Ark, but he's not about to tell Sam Pittman and Barry Odom that. You don't make millions as a HC without being able to identify problems and craft solutions.

So it’s the well trained football eyes that grace this message board that are able to tell us the team quit bc of JG and also predict when the team will quit again and why
Nobody's trying or wanting to predict it. And yes its not hard to tell when a team quits. After the O went 3 and out on the first drive in the second half the team quit including coaches. There are a lot of hills to die on with this team/program but this isn't one of them.

Nobody's trying or wanting to predict it. And yes its not hard to tell when a team quits. After the O went 3 and out on the first drive in the second half the team quit including coaches. There are a lot of hills to die on with this team/program but this isn't one of them.

And how do you know the team quit after 3 and out and not after the UK TD drive that took 6 mins off the clock?

Just bc we didn’t get a stop doesn’t mean the team had quit. It’s quite possible, likely, and pretty evident actually that we just aren’t a very good TEAM. We’re not just weak at QB.

And how do you know the team quit after 3 and out and not after the UK TD drive that took 6 mins off the clock?

Just bc we didn’t get a stop doesn’t mean the team had quit. It’s quite possible, likely, and pretty evident actually that we just aren’t a very good TEAM. We’re not just weak at QB.
The effort wasn't there. Its pretty easy to tell when the effort is there or not

- held UK to a FG
- forced a 3 and out

He knows writers. The rest of us call that subscriptions. 😏

The effort wasn't there. Its pretty easy to tell when the effort is there or not

If you’re saying that the team quit down 10 points with over 13 mins left in the 3Q bc the O went 3 and out then again, we have many more problems than QB.

Stop blaming JG for the entire team’s struggles.

JG isn’t good enough to hide the rest of the team’s flaws. That doesn’t mean he’s the only problem.

Yep: it was after that score that everyone quit. The coaches made it clear they weren’t going to change the playbook to make a Hail Mary attempt to get back into the game. The players followed their lead

It clearly wasn’t a case of the team quitting after the interceptions. It was much later

If you’re saying that the team quit down 10 points with over 13 mins left in the 3Q bc the O went 3 and out then again, we have many more problems than QB.

Stop blaming JG for the entire team’s struggles.

JG isn’t good enough to hide the rest of the team’s flaws. That doesn’t mean he’s the only problem.
Where have I mentioned JG is our conversation. You're the one that's brought him up multiple times. All I said was the team quit.
But if you want to bring him into it. The coaches shut the game plan down and just ran the ball because they didn't have faith in the QB. The team followed their lead. Thus the team quit because JG was in the game

Where have I mentioned JG is our conversation. You're the one that's brought him up multiple times. All I said was the team quit.
But if you want to bring him into it. The coaches shut the game plan down and just ran the ball because they didn't have faith in the QB. The team followed their lead. Thus the team quit because JG was in the game

He’s saying the team didn’t quit right after the pick 6s like the OP said and he stated great proof of that.

Your post appeared to be siding with the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back