Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a normal year, (no covid) I think HB gets the time he needs to learn the offense and defensive reads. Without a lot of practice time, it's been hard to get that needed time in. Same goes for Maurer. I know, BM had time last year, but it was his first year. I wish HB had more time to learn. If he had, he would probably be playing a lot, just not starting unless JG just fell through (sorta like he has this year). To me this year is just an asterisk year.

that's not exactly the context that was posted in tho. siap, the may not like that JG keeps getting in and want to move to a younger guy, but i bet they all understand why they're doing it. and the point was, even with the disagreement, they're keeping that in house and not going to make it a public thing. which at least means there's some unity over there.............

i don't agree with my boss all the time, and there's been a few times that had we done what i suggested, things would have probably been better than they turned out....but my boss always gave me the opportunity to speak my mind, but ultimately, he's the one that gets to make the decision. doesn't mean there's a need or want to to fo on full on muntiny.
the reasons for keeping JG in there are the same as they have been for the past two years. and not enough has changed behind him to sway them a different way.

a lot of us disagree with that, but it's not like we are being told "because i said so".........lol.
But what if you are your boss? I guess my problem is that I am always right. Lol. I mean how can I argue with myself?

Yep. Unless you have a generational type returner like Cordarrel Patterson or something, give me the easy guaranteed 25 yardline every time.
We have attempted multiple kick returns and I don't recall us netting more than 5 yards of positive field position.

Velus Jones was said to be one of the best kick off returners in USC history and he has 10 returns for an average of 23 yards and a long of 40.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Sounds like we need to get ready for the damn near annual coaching search soon!
De1’s posts are still positive about Pruitt. Thinks that we are heading in the right direction but that it’s going to take time. Obviously his one concern is QB situation which is the case for all vol fans.

The more I think about it the more I realize that we should’ve expected a down year. We lost so many senior playmakers and leaders from last year’s team. That lack of leadership is killing us right now. Remember how we heard that JJ hyped up and defended JG? That probably got JG’s confidence up for that run at the end of last season. No one is going to do that for him now.

Arky game is huge for this team. If JG starts to ish in his pants, he needs to be yanked for the rest of the year. Otherwise, I see the team quitting

We have attempted multiple kick returns and I don't recall us netting more than 5 yards of positive field position.

Velus Jones was said to be one of the best kick off returners in USC history and he has 10 returns for an average of 23 yards and a long of 40.
The ones he’s attempted served as examples to simply take the free 25 yards. When he was legging em out at USC, I’m sure there were more than a few that he got caught inside the 20. But he had license because if they didn’t reach the end zone then that’s where they’d be marked if fielded. You kinda had to run them. Now you’re open to second guessing. Maybe they’ll give him the green light against lesser teams to light a fire...or they’ll continue to take the field position.

Then put me in your group of fans that would laugh hysterically at the mention of James Stone being our OL coach.
I’m pretty sure he coaches individual linemen at NPA in Nashville. And I am not saying that gives him a resume to justify hiring him as a coach at a major college football program. Just saying that he does have coaching experience.

De1’s posts are still positive about Pruitt. Thinks that we are heading in the right direction but that it’s going to take time. Obviously his one concern is QB situation which is the case for all vol fans.

The more I think about it the more I realize that we should’ve expected a down year. We lost so many senior playmakers and leaders from last year’s team. That lack of leadership is killing us right now. Remember how we heard that JJ hyped up and defended JG? That probably got JG’s confidence up for that run at the end of last season. No one is going to do that for him now.

Arky game is huge for this team. If JG starts to ish in his pants, he needs to be yanked for the rest of the year. Otherwise, I see the team quitting
They might quit solely based on him continuing to be trotted out there.

Considering taking a permanent vacation from this place
Just rellllaaaaaxxx bro. It’s not that serious. We control none of this. When it gets this emotional and serious it’s time to stop spending so much time on here. More important things in life. Breathe and relax. You’re good people, just need to chill. Cool?

There are a couple of reasons not to have already moved on from JG

1. One person’s “experience” might be another person’s damage (see David Carr). Not all experience is created equal.

Plus, do you want the fan base to turn on a new QB who struggled against the 3 best defenses in the conference (and top 15 in the country)? And don’t say we wouldn’t because we sure as hell would....it’s what we do haha

2. JG probably does run the offense and do the best job of getting the team in the right play.

3. It could get worse (see JT Shrout and Nathan Peterman).

I think the plan all along was to get to the bye week to see where things were and move forward from there. We will see.

1. One person’s “experience” might be another person’s damage (see David Carr). Not all experience is created equal. Once you realize a guy doesn't have it you move on. Next guy up, you never know you may have a gamer in house. Experience tells you a lot, plus it gives you a base line for the next year for that player.. I'd rather be 5-5 with the next guys, than 6-4 with JG.

Plus, do you want the fan base to turn on a new QB who struggled against the 3 best defenses in the conference (and top 15 in the country)? And don’t say we wouldn’t because we sure as hell would....it’s what we do haha The fan base is going to be celebrating for at least a month that JG is not the quarterback.

Reactions: Vols4us
Just rellllaaaaaxxx bro. It’s not that serious. We control none of this. When it gets this emotional and serious it’s time to stop spending so much time on here. More important things in life. Breathe and relax. You’re good people, just need to chill. Cool?
Thanks, Ron. You’re absolutely right

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back