Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
De1’s posts are still positive about Pruitt. Thinks that we are heading in the right direction but that it’s going to take time. Obviously his one concern is QB situation which is the case for all vol fans.

The more I think about it the more I realize that we should’ve expected a down year. We lost so many senior playmakers and leaders from last year’s team. That lack of leadership is killing us right now. Remember how we heard that JJ hyped up and defended JG? That probably got JG’s confidence up for that run at the end of last season. No one is going to do that for him now.

Arky game is huge for this team. If JG starts to ish in his pants, he needs to be yanked for the rest of the year. Otherwise, I see the team quitting
Trey defends him and I doubt anyone on the team will say anything bad about JG with Trey in his corner.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Yep. Unless you have a generational type returner like Cordarrel Patterson or something, give me the easy guaranteed 25 yardline every time.

Agreed when fielding it around the goal line but last week 1 was fielding it around the 10 and scared shitless to run it
You have to return those

Last edited:
Don't kid yourself, Arky is a must win.

Only way we get out of that with a L and it be seen as somewhat okay is if we play a new QB the ENTIRE game. JG loses the game and we lose the team and the rest of the season. Hate to be blunt, but tired of all this speculating and back and forth. It will be a miracle if we keep the kids we already have committed and don't even think about adding anyone else of quality.

Pruitt's seat will be on fire, the team will be divided and inconsistent, and the rumor/firing will reach a fever pitch. If Pruitt stays, his only hope of surviving is to develop who he already has on the roster, hope he doesn't get a mass transfer portal exit, and can keep one of Bailey/Salter to try and build from. He will definitely not pull this seniority BS again if he is still here, and will play whoever is best at the position, regardless of their age.

Position Coaches will have to go and new upgrades are a must to save face.

We beat Arky and it's bought Pruitt a little more time, especially if we are super competitive with A&M and AU and upset one of them.

Don't kid yourself, Arky is a must win.

Only way we get out of that with a L and it be seen as somewhat okay is if we play a new QB the ENTIRE game. JG loses the game and we lose the team and the rest of the season. Hate to be blunt, but tired of all this speculating and back and forth. It will be a miracle if we keep the kids we already have committed and don't even think about adding anyone else of quality.

Pruitt's seat will be on fire, the team will be divided and inconsistent, and the rumor/firing will reach a fever pitch. If Pruitt stays, his only hope of surviving is to develop who he already has on the roster, hope he doesn't get a mass transfer portal exit, and can keep one of Bailey/Salter to try and build from. He will definitely not pull this seniority BS again if he is still here, and will play whoever is best at the position, regardless of their age.

Position Coaches will have to go and new upgrades are a must to save face.

We beat Arky and it's bought Pruitt a little more time, especially if we are super competitive with A&M and AU and upset one of them.
I’m not sure just the one game will decide his fate, but you make some good points. 👍

Anyone? Anyone?
Pretty shabby of me to repeat it after I bitched about him tweeting it but I know how annoying it is to be left in the dark. He said, "I would tell some secrets but some people life's would literally be ruined. So ima keep quite."

I guess I'm extremely biased or just haven't watched enough of Arkansas this year, but I asked a guy who makes lines for SEC games what his line was for the game next week....he said Arkansas -4.5. I would've had the Vols the slightest of favorites (-1).

I guess I'm extremely biased or just haven't watched enough of Arkansas this year, but I asked a guy who makes lines for SEC games what his line was for the game next week....he said Arkansas -4.5. I would've had the Vols the slightest of favorites (-1).
They play harder than we do. Need franks to gift us some points.

Thats a little high imo but I figured Arky would be favorites. I would set it at -3

Thats a little high imo but I figured Arky would be favorites. I would set it at -3

I get that Arkansas has looked better than expected, but I feel like they are almost getting overrated at this point. Their two wins were against Ole Miss and Miss State who have a combined 2 wins between them. They played Auburn well, as has everyone, and got lit up by UGA when they made the switch to Bennett at QB.

If both teams play their best, we win. We are better than them still. Doesn’t mean we can’t lose, but I just don’t see how they should be favored.

Reactions: Ryno14
So pretty much the entire team stinks right now and of course some just blame JG. “The team doesn’t play hard for him.” I believe you’re guilty of a lazy take. Maybe it’s another attempt to put more blame on JG. It sure is easy to put the TEAM’s poor play on one player. Problem solved and we don’t have to criticize other players.

I see 2 problems with that:

1. If anyone is playing bad, it’s on them. Yeah it’s always easier to blame somebody else, but their play is their responsibility. Must be nice to just blame somebody else for your shortcomings. Btw, I don’t think this is the case.

2. Many fans said the same thing last year. “Look, the team has quit on him.” “They don’t play hard for him.” As we run off 6 wins in a row.

And then we allow ourselves to believe the team has more energy when another QB plays. And when players express their support for him we just excuse it away.

The team is playing poorly. Maybe we need to look at them for the solution.

I get that Arkansas has looked better than expected, but I feel like they are almost getting overrated at this point. Their two wins were against Ole Miss and Miss State who have a combined 2 wins between them. They played Auburn well, as has everyone, and got lit up by UGA when they made the switch to Bennett at QB.

If both teams play their best, we win. We are better than them still. Doesn’t mean we can’t lose, but I just don’t see how they should be favored.
Its not just who they best for me, is TN more talented yes we should be at least. But Arky has the edge in effort, fundamentals and qb play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back