Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
This place is so dead for a Labor Day, kinda sad. So, I'm going to liven it up with "Dog's Labor Day Hot Takes"

DHT #1 Shrout enters the USC game after halftime, throws 3 TDs to lead to a Vols comeback victory and becomes the starter for Game 2.

DHT #2 Neil Patrick Harris' Barney Stinson is the funniest sit-com character in the last 15 years. How I Met Your Mother is a slightly above average sit-com, but Barney carries it

DHT #3 J. Mashack, 4 star, SG/SF out of California commits to UT Basketball and Barnes, tomorrow
Just saying, The Dog's 1 for 1 on his Labor Day Hot Takes. I know that was the easy one, but that just sets up......

DHT #4 Barnes and UT get a commitment from Ryan Mutombo before the end of September

From what Rob Lewis said today Knox Co guidelines and contact tracing has us limited. He said JP was pulling his hair out cause schools like Bama and UGA aren’t under the same requirements. They test people who’s been in contact but from what I understood they don’t have the 14 day quarantine rules we do. I came in late to the segment but that’s basically the gist.

Someone can check out the podcast to confirm.
If that is true, that is a MASSIVELY unfair disadvantage for us and is going to cost us games. We have already had several guys guys miss 28 days of fall camp. If other teams aren't held to the same standard I would immediately cancel the season.

Utter BS if all teams in the SEC aren't playing by same rules.

If that is true, that is a MASSIVELY unfair disadvantage for us and is going to cost us games. We have already had several guys guys miss 28 days of fall camp. If other teams aren't held to the same standard I would immediately cancel the season.

Best believe if the shoe was on the other foot, Saban would complain and the SEC would put all teams on the same guidelines.

The only thing I agree on is that it should be the same for All SEC teams this year. Pruitt ain't no lil B, he would never cave from a challenge. It sucks no doubt.
Through this darkness the Sun Will rise again!

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Thanks to everyone for the kind words, prayers, and condolences concerning the passing of my dad. Given the knowledge of his health problems since I was a teen, I have imagined and dreaded his funeral for years. But when it actually happened, it was a source of comfort to me and my family. It was awe inspiring to see how many people he impacted and how many friends he had. If I’m half the husband, father, friend, and man he was, my life will be a success.

I was lucky enough to spend basically the past 10 years in full “cherish it” mode with my dad, as his health was up and down for quite some time. Of course, I’d give anything to have him back, but I also feel at peace knowing that I never took him for granted and that he had many chances to impart the wisdom he knew I needed to have.

From what Rob Lewis said today Knox Co guidelines and contact tracing has us limited. He said JP was pulling his hair out cause schools like Bama and UGA aren’t under the same requirements. They test people who’s been in contact but from what I understood they don’t have the 14 day quarantine rules we do. I came in late to the segment but that’s basically the gist.

@MetalVolunteer @Atlanta VOL @skeeter33418

WHAT THE F*** YOOOOOOOOO

Reactions: VolByLaw
Does it really matter? If he's a Gamecock fan he's spent 8 years infiltrating the board so is clearly dedicated. He obviously enjoys talking here. I think he brings up legitimate points.
It does matter. He's entitled to his opinion but I am just pointing out his bias so any comments with regards to SC will be taken with the grade of slaw they should be.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone for the kind words, prayers, and condolences concerning the passing of my dad. Given the knowledge of his health problems since I was a teen, I have imagined and dreaded his funeral for years. But when it actually happened, it was a source of comfort to me and my family. It was awe inspiring to see how many people he impacted and how many friends he had. If I’m half the husband, father, friend, and man he was, my life will be a success.

I was lucky enough to spend basically the past 10 years in full “cherish it” mode with my dad, as his health was up and down for quite some time. Of course, I’d give anything to have him back, but I also feel at peace knowing that I never took him for granted and that he had many chances to impart the wisdom he knew I needed to have.
I'm glad you have had some comfort and I will continue to pray for all of you who will miss this great man.

Start at 9:10. He later goes on to state we are at a huge disadvantage.

http://216.172.182.115/wnml/johnjim345.mp3

Hey guys and gals,

I posted an updated(s) on Drew’s campaign. Also increased the target amount to help with some unplanned expenses. Please consider giving if you haven’t, or share with your circles, and definitely pray. Drew begins his first cycle of radiation tomorrow. 🙏🏼 Lord may this work, but His will be done.

We’ve also stumbled across a contact within the AD and should have Fulmer calling my brother’s family real soon for a word of encouragement! Of course, I’ll get any fall camp details I can. GB🍊

Healing for Drew!, organized by Scott Warren

Let's just keep wringing our hands about it. That'll fix it.
I get that it’s been a rough 14ish years for us, but Tennessee has to lead the country in Eeyores and Charlie Browns. I can see where it comes from, misery is comforting to some but it’s also contagious. We need a dedicated thread for Debbie Downers where they can take turns sucking the teet of dispair

I get that it’s been a rough 14ish years for us, but Tennessee has to lead the country in Eeyores and Charlie Browns. I can see where it comes from, misery is comforting to some but it’s also contagious. We need a dedicated thread for Debbie Downers where they can take turns sucking the teet of dispair
How about just a level playing field?

Hey guys and gals,

I posted an updated(s) on Drew’s campaign. Also increased the target amount to help with some unplanned expenses. Please consider giving if you haven’t, or share with your circles, and definitely pray. Drew begins his first cycle of radiation tomorrow. 🙏🏼 Lord may this work, but His will be done.

We’ve also stumbled across a contact within the AD and should have Fulmer calling my brother’s family real soon for a word of encouragement! Of course, I’ll get any fall camp details I can. GB🍊

This brings us all down to what is really important.

Hey guys and gals,

#LiftUpDrew

Hey guys and gals,

@Atlanta VOL please consider doing what you can, whatever that might be. I know that you have given very generously to many causes,. I would not ask but this is a really good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back