Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lawd, folks...logged on from my laptop. First time not on mobile in a few years. I feel so lost.

tumblr_m9nbgb066V1qebvfho2_500.jpg

It should be 7 days.
Knox co schools has people quarantine for 24 days if someone you live with has contracted the virus. Mandatory 14 days for contact tracing. To me, both are a bit extreme but it’s also a matter of whose agenda you’re seeing it from. They’ll end up going virtual for at least two weeks at some point in the near future, it’s inevitable. Not to say they won’t be back in the classroom afterwards. But still.

Reactions: Rishvol
Knox co schools has people quarantine for 24 days if someone you live with has contracted the virus. Mandatory 14 days for contact tracing. To me, both are a bit extreme but it’s also a matter of whose agenda you’re seeing it from. They’ll end up going virtual for at least two weeks at some point in the near future, it’s inevitable. Not to say they won’t be back in the classroom afterwards. But still.
Schools for kids is different you can’t expect parents etc to pay tons of money for tests.

But for College Football players etc who are getting tested constantly 7 days should be the down time. You quarantine for 7 days and then retest.

They way to get past this stupid quarantine stuff is to get as many parents that you can to call Central office and complain. The more parents that complain the faster Central office will fold

What will end up happening is people will keep their kids out for a few days until a fever passes, never tell they had a fever and then send them back without doing a test. Even the home school co-op we are a part of requires a 14 day with a fever and no test taken so why take a test? I’m sure that’s what will start happening especially if they are requiring a 24 day quarantine

Hey guys and gals,

I posted an updated(s) on Drew’s campaign. Also increased the target amount to help with some unplanned expenses. Please consider giving if you haven’t, or share with your circles, and definitely pray. Drew begins his first cycle of radiation tomorrow. 🙏🏼 Lord may this work, but His will be done.

We’ve also stumbled across a contact within the AD and should have Fulmer calling my brother’s family real soon for a word of encouragement! Of course, I’ll get any fall camp details I can. GB🍊

Healing for Drew!, organized by Scott Warren
Prayers for Drew, bud! While you are on the phone with Fulmer, tell him to kick in another 10-15% of his salary to go to Drew’s gofundme account.

Virtual classes for my 9 year old are absolutely terrible there is no continuity. Teachers don’t care if the kids are learning. It’s stupid.
My wife is teaching virtually from home. I think she is doing a great job of making the best out of a crap situation. However, she teaches in high school which is much easier in a virtual setting than in an elementary school.

What will end up happening is people will keep their kids out for a few days until a fever passes, never tell they had a fever and then send them back without doing a test. Even the home school co-op we are a part of requires a 14 day with a fever and no test taken so why take a test? I’m sure that’s what will start happening especially if they are requiring a 24 day quarantine

So much truth in what Rish, Gojira and you are posting about this. My grandson is in Sevier County, which is not quite as draconian - yet.

He goes to primary school. He developed a fever, runny nose, upset stomach last week on Thursday. Our daughter took him in to the pediatrician on Friday morning. The doc did not think it was COVID, however, he had seen two sick kids in the past week that did not appear to have it where he tested for it that actually did have it. So they did that invasive nasopharyngeal swab test on the little guy (yuck) along with other tests for strep and such. Got the test results back in less than 48 hours, on Labor Day weekend to boot. The test was negative. On that same day the little guy was already back to his usual self and whatever normal virus he did have was gone.

Which is the point. A 48 hour quarantine from onset, get tested to make sure, and then back to school if negative on the test and recovered from the illness. Common sense. The same virus then hit our grandson's little brother and our daughter. 48 hours later they both recovered fully and we know it was not COVID. So the incubation period from exposure was less than a week, like most viruses. I doubt Corona is much different than that. So anything past 7-10 days is just ridiculous and probably politically motivated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back