Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was my line of thinking as well. I’m not sure how the #’s shake out though. That’s never been something I’ve kept up with too regularly.
I believe we have spots, we have gone after other grad transfers like JT Daniels and haven't added anyone sense. We have also had some attrition with Gooden and Jordan.

it’s weird the obsession some of you all still have for a coach that hasn’t coached here in like almost 3 years. Butch sucked. He’s gone. Move on lol

Oh come on, it was a joke of opportunity. You said “tremendous” for crying out loud!

Besides, two more visits and I’ll have all three Butch tattoos completely covered up.

Uh oh, I’m in trouble. I had my CT scan and bone scan today. I don’t find out the results until tomorrow but the woman doing the CT scan is a UGA fan and I think she’s gonna do me in. I was wearing my UT mask so she knew I’m a Vol fan and said something about it and doing my scan.
A13CDABA-01F0-4578-9421-4772E4FEF85D.gif

Any info on strength gains or improvements the team is making this summer
Elijah Simmons is bench pressing Volkswagens.

Eric Gray out ran the local Amtrak.

To’oto’o power cleaned Madea, 7 times.

JG is throwing 78 mile/hour footballs in the screen game.

@Bassmaster_Vol has been doing Coke Zero curls non stop.

This is like this generation saying Lebron is greater than Jordan. Jack is the GOAT hands down. Jack Nicklaus finished second in 19 majors and Woods has six runner-up results. Nicklaus had 48 top-three finishes at the Majors twice as many as Woods.

I may be a dumbass but I know Golf. Used to be a 1-2 Handicap but dont play much anymore. Best round ever on a great course was 68 from the tips at Kelly Plantation in Destin.

Last edited:
This is like this generation saying Lebron is greater than Jordan. Jack is the GOAT hands down, Jack Nicklaus finished second in 19 majors and Woods has six runner-up results. Nicklaus had 48 top-three finishes at the Majors twice as many as Woods.
It’s for sure the Jordan-LBJ argument. But it depends on your definition of GOAT. Tiger is the most talented of all time just like LBJ. The other two have the championships but played against inferior talent

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
Suck at golf. But I’ll drive the cart, drink the beer, and provide poignant golf commentary with appropriate doses of levity with TWSS and your mama jokes.

I’ve only played golf once. I was about 20 years younger than I am now, but I got drunk, took my shirt off, and did donuts with the golf cart. I was asked to leave.

LeBron couldn't sniff MJ's jock. LMAO at the idea Jordan played inferior talent. Jordan is the GOAT until someone unseats him, and it won't be LeBron.
Just watched last epi of 'Last Dance'. He willed that shot versus Jazz. THAT is greatness. He did these things over and over.

Goat.

One thing that's crazy, I always thought Jordan was done. In his interview you can see the juices flowing, the dissapointment that management wouldnt bring them back for another Championship. There is something to be sakd for going out on top, but, in a way Chicago Bulls org owed it to thosw guys to at least discuss it in a serious manner.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
This is like this generation saying Lebron is greater than Jordan. Jack is the GOAT hands down, Jack Nicklaus finished second in 19 majors and Woods has six runner-up results. Nicklaus had 48 top-three finishes at the Majors twice as many as Woods.

I may be a dumbass but I know Golf. Used to be a 1-2 Handicap but dont play much anymore. Best round ever on a great course was 68 from the tips at Kelly Plantation in Destin. I shot 65-66 several times but it was on short easy courses.

They literally changed courses and the game changed because of Tiger. Players are now bigger, stronger, more distance, better short games. Tiger changed and reshaped the game of golf in a way that no other athlete has across any sport. Tiger arguably played against much better competition particularly in mid to end of his run at number 1.

Jack’s game would not stand up today the way it did then, however, he was a fantastic golfer and the best of his generation...maybe best of all time. I do agree that his top 3 and 2nd place finishes are almost as impressive as the wins. Truly remarkable.

Reactions: CreiveHallVol

I may be a dumbass but I know Golf. Used to be a 1-2 Handicap but dont play much anymore. Best round ever on a great course was 68 from the tips at Kelly Plantation in Destin. I shot 65-66 several times but it was on short easy courses.
This. Jack played against Gary Player (9 majors), Tom Watson (8), Arnold Palmer (7), Lee Trevino (6) and Seve Ballesteros (5) and he finished runner up to a player on this list 10 times. Tiger has also finished runner up to the greats like Michael Campbell and Rich Beem

Jack also had 8 come from behind victories in Majors and this is the craziest stat of all:

From the 1970 British open to the 78 British open there were 33 Majors. Jack finished top 10 in 31 of them with 8 victories. 31! The other 2 he finished 11th and 13th

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back