Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah. stole this from VQ because he is right. Tiger is so good that Jack can't even be number 2. There is no number 2. Jack is third simply because there is such a distance between Tiger and anyone else.
Jack had to beat guys like Tom Watson, Arnold Palmer, Gary Player, Lee Trevino and their combined 31 Majors. I bet u can't name 10 guys with 31 Majors that Tiger faced in their prime

Jack had to beat guys like Tom Watson, Arnold Palmer, Gary Player, Lee Trevino and their combined 31 Majors. I bet u can't name 10 guys with 31 Majors that Tiger faced in their prime
When Tiger was younger, and, in his prime. There was no one better, past or present. However, body of work.

Tiger had modern science & technology to help him. He was in peak physical condition. His work ethic was/is second to none. His mental strength is even better.

Jack Nicklaus played with subpar tech. And, didnt have access to all everything Tiger does. He is the Ted Williams to Ken Griffey.

These things are judged on the whole picture. There is no doubt Tiger is great, but, he's no Jack.

Nah. stole this from VQ because he is right. Tiger is so good that Jack can't even be number 2. There is no number 2. Jack is third simply because there is such a distance between Tiger and anyone else.
I like Tiger and I'd love to see him and Jack play 72 holes in their prime and see who wins but you can't make a statement like that with Tiger having 3 less major wins than Jack.

I think you could successfully make the argument that, had a few things not happened with Tiger when they did, like his dad dying, firing his long-time caddy, his personal life going to sh¡t, training like he was going after Bin Laden instead of majors, and ultimately breaking his body because of it, that he would have surpassed Jack...but, given all of that, to act like there's this huge gap between them is asinine.

When Tiger was younger, and, in his prime. There was no one better, past or present. However, body of work.

Tiger had modern science & technology to help him. He was in peak physical condition. His work ethic was/is second to none. His mental strength is even better.

Jack Nicklaus played with subpar tech. And, didnt have access to all everything Tiger does. He is the Ted Williams to Ken Griffey.

These things are judged on the whole picture. There is no doubt Tiger is great, but, he's no Jack.
Tiger would've beaten Jack by 15 strokes in his prime. Nobody has ever won the way he has. The largest margin of victory in Master's history- 12 strokes, largest margin of victory at the US open- 15 strokes, Largest margin of victory at the Open- 8 strokes, The Tiger Slam, the only player to win all 4 majors by at least 5 strokes, only player to win multiple majors in consecutive years, and tied for most wins all time with Snead. Will soon have that record by himself.

Jack would be Phil Mickelson if he played in Tiger's era.

Last edited:
I like Tiger and I'd love to see him and Jack play 72 holes in their prime and see who wins but you can't make a statement like that with Tiger having 3 less major wins than Jack.

I think you could successfully make the argument that, had a few things not happened with Tiger when they did, like his dad dying, firing his long-time caddy, his personal life going to sh¡t, training like he was going after Bin Laden instead of majors, and ultimately breaking his body because of it, that he would have surpassed Jack...but, given all of that, to act like there's this huge gap between them is asinine.
He may yet pass Jack. His career isn't over. He won the Masters last year.

Nobody has ever played golf at the level Tiger played it in his prime. It isn't close.

Tiger would've beaten Jack by 15 strokes in his prime. Nobody has ever one the way he has. The largest margin of victory in Master's history- 12 strokes, largest margin of victory at the US open- 15 strokes, Largest margin of victory at the Open- 8 strokes, The Tiger Slam, the only player to win all 4 majors by at least 5 strokes, only player to win multiple majors in consecutive years.

I agree Tiger was great, but your dismissal of Jack is beyond sacrilege

Tiger would've beaten Jack by 15 strokes in his prime. Nobody has ever one the way he has. The largest margin of victory in Master's history- 12 strokes, largest margin of victory at the US open- 15 strokes, Largest margin of victory at the Open- 8 strokes, The Tiger Slam, the only player to win all 4 majors by at least 5 strokes, only player to win multiple majors in consecutive years.

Bass just admitted Jack would beat Tiger one on one

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back