Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
They would adapt. It would probably take a season, but they would figure it out.

I think the biggest adjustment would be putting. Old greens were so shaggy and inconsistent. Today’s greens at some tournaments are slick as glass.
oh, I know. But, most of today's players don't "work" the ball. They would have to adapt to that.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I might be exaggerating a bit but none of those guys could replicate those results today.

There’s no evidence of that. As I said, Tom Watson almost won the British Open in 2009, at age 59. You don’t think he would be competitive if he were 25-30 yrs old in today’s era?

They literally changed courses and the game changed because of Tiger. Players are now bigger, stronger, more distance, better short games. Tiger changed and reshaped the game of golf in a way that no other athlete has across any sport. Tiger arguably played against much better competition particularly in mid to end of his run at number 1.

Jack’s game would not stand up today the way it did then, however, he was a fantastic golfer and the best of his generation...maybe best of all time. I do agree that his top 3 and 2nd place finishes are almost as impressive as the wins. Truly remarkable.
Just saw this.

With all do respect.......................
tenor.gif

Now, with the way Tiger played when he was younger, it took its toll on his body. It's miraculous that he is even still competitive. You can thank modern science and medicine for that one.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Better idea. Stick today's young players with Persimmon woods, balata balls that spin twice as much, and crappy a$$ conditions...............and see what they shoot.

Most of the younger crowd have no idea what you are talking about, including some of the young pros on tour today. I do. Many don't even know how to work the ball. They would not know what to do without a 60 lob or a gap wedge. What they have done better is physical conditioning. Jack has been preaching about the golf ball advancements for over 40 years that are making courses obsolete.

They need to go watch Jack in his prime and then analyze what would happen with today's equipment in his hands.

Now, with the way Tiger played when he was younger, it took its toll on his body. It's miraculous that he is even still competitive. You can thank modern science and medicine for that one.
Had tiger not destroyed his back (and had his personal issues) this wouldn't even be a debate anymore. Only reason it is a debate is because Jack has 3 more majors. We'll see if Tiger wins anymore. But nobody has ever played the game at the level Tiger has. Not before or since.

Had tiger not destroyed his back (and had his personal issues) this wouldn't even be a debate anymore. Only reason it is a debate is because Jack has 3 more majors. We'll see if Tiger wins anymore. But nobody has ever played the game at the level Tiger has. Not before or since.
I think it's doable. Tiger obviously was knocking some rust off this last weekend. He made some great shots. Some bad ones too but nothing that I saw that can't be fixed quickly.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
I'm not trolling. Tiger is the greatest to ever play. I don't think it's a question. I bet if you polled the golfing world, even those who played with Jack, they would agree.

It don't matter anyways because my son will be better than both.
Why does the goat questions matter to anybody?

Reactions: OrangenSC
Who or what let all the air/momentum out of our recruiting push? Did i miss something? And, no, not COVID, everyone else is in the same boat... did our shine just wear off, or are the kids left we want all waiting till this fall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back