Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m looking into buying a handgun for the first time. I live in NJ about 20 mins outside of Philadelphia and the rioting/looters are starting to come into the suburb areas. I think this is a completely separate issue, but last night someone tried to break into my car and house as well and even though they weren’t successful I really think I want a handgun for protection. Any recommendations on a make/model? Thanks guys!
Colt Defender is what I have.

I’m looking into buying a handgun for the first time. I live in NJ about 20 mins outside of Philadelphia and the rioting/looters are starting to come into the suburb areas. I think this is a completely separate issue, but last night someone tried to break into my car and house as well and even though they weren’t successful I really think I want a handgun for protection. Any recommendations on a make/model? Thanks guys!
I'm so sorry to hear that. I expect this to continue as long as the police are all occupied with people rioting.

Try asking in this thread: The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

Active LEO here, my suggestion for 1st time gun owner. Glock 19. Very affordable and easy to shoot. Make sure you get some education and training though as those are just as important as the firearm itself. Stay safe!

Sig sauer P320 or P229/226 if just for the house.

Sig sauer P365 if you will concealed carry as well.

Inb4 all the glock fanboys promote their fugly gun.

Carry or home defense? If carry, how do you want to carry? Not trying to get in your business, but a lot of different options out there.

Reactions: BennesseeVols
can't go wrong with a shot gun.....don't have to be all that accurate, you can load it wiht salt shot so as not to inflict deadly force, but sure enough drop someone....and if you get a pump action, the intruder gets the picture pretty quick when he/she hears that ever so familiar pump action......

if pistol is where you want to ultimately land, the gloc as mentioned earlier is reliable, affordable and easy to maintain....also agree about the gun safety course. important to get familiar w/your firearm(s).

Active LEO here, my suggestion for 1st time gun owner. Glock 19. Very affordable and easy to shoot. Make sure you get some education and training though as those are just as important as the firearm itself. Stay safe!
I have to disagree with the glock for a first time owner. I own a glock 19 along with many other pistols. If you are looking for something to use as strictly home defense, go buy a cheap Mossberg or Remington 870 12 Gauge shotgun. Their is no better or safer home self defense weapon.

If you are dead set on owning a handgun, please go take some courses on gun safety if you are not familiar with handguns as they are the most dangerous (for yourself) of all weapons. Glocks are Striker fired pistols and are fun, simple, and easy to shoot due to the light trigger pull and simple mechanics. However, they do not have a safety meaning if you have one chambered and the trigger is pulled, it will fire. I would recommend either a revolver, a double action pistol, or a 1911 style Single Action with a safety. Those firearms are inherently more safe due to conventional safeties and/or extremely long trigger pulls. I carry every day, and I carry a 1911 Style Sig with a safety, and I still do not keep one chambered.

A cheap 38 or 357 revolver is hard to beat for first time gun owners. They are simple, you can easily tell when it is loaded, and they have extremely long trigger pulls if the hammer is not cocked. It would make for a solid gun to start with, then once you get comfortable, you can make your way to a Single Action Only or Striker Fired Pistol such as a Glock.

That's my $0.02 on the matter.

If you are just getting started with handguns a Taurus GC2 9 mm is a good handgun for the price. I really enjoy mine. My wife has a Ruger LCP2 .380 as well that is small and effective. A revolver is also a good choice for a new gun owner I have owned multiple revolvers .357, .380 and they are simple to use.

Reactions: ninerplaya57
CZ-P07, feels Great in hand, very good balance.

Reactions: BennesseeVols
Sig all day. FYI the glorious day of Jesus's return is near......how do I know you ask?? We now have a double barrel pump shotgun. Talk about home defense weapon:eek:
giphy.gif

I have to disagree with the glock for a first time owner. I own a glock 19 along with many other pistols. If you are looking for something to use as strictly home defense, go buy a cheap Mossberg or Remington 870 12 Gauge shotgun. Their is no better or safer home self defense weapon.

If you are dead set on owning a handgun, please go take some courses on gun safety if you are not familiar with handguns as they are the most dangerous (for yourself) of all weapons. Glocks are Striker fired pistols and are fun, simple, and easy to shoot due to the light trigger pull and simple mechanics. However, they do not have a safety meaning if you have one chambered and the trigger is pulled, it will fire. I would recommend either a revolver, a double action pistol, or a 1911 style Single Action with a safety. Those firearms are inherently more safe due to conventional safeties and/or extremely long trigger pulls. I carry every day, and I carry a 1911 Style Sig with a safety, and I still do not keep one chambered.

A cheap 38 or 357 revolver is hard to beat for first time gun owners. They are simple, you can easily tell when it is loaded, and they have extremely long trigger pulls if the hammer is not cocked. It would make for a solid gun to start with, then once you get comfortable, you can make your way to a Single Action Only or Striker Fired Pistol such as a Glock.

That's my $0.02 on the matter.
Makes no sense to not have a round chambered if you are going to “carry” if anything is split second you don’t have time to chamber a round and engage. But I guess it is preference.

Sig all day. FYI the glorious day of Jesus's return is near......how do I know you ask?? We now have a double barrel pump shotgun. Talk about home defense weapon:eek:
disagree on a sig all day. If you want immediate accuracy increase and a great feel the glock is the way to go. No matter how ugly it is. It is also super light.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
You will have to buy something that holds 10 or fewer rounds, because magazines that are capable of holding more than 10 rounds are illegal in New Jersey.

Can any of you tech savvy guys tell me if any of these packages are strong enough to cut the chord and stream with YouTube tv ? It’s broadband signal View attachment 284158
I have AT&T internet and have 100 MBPS bundled with phone and TV. I have 100 MBPS because of my home security system. I had 25 MBPS prior and that didn't work well with home security. Speed was way too slow for upload and download security videos. Get something really fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back