Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
eh.

not really fair to say that at this point about a true freshman that has not gone thru any formal football activities at the school he's going to, aside from some workouts/conditioning.

you may be basing that on your opinion of the current QB's on the roster, but one doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the other.

i think HB is probably the best QB we have. that doesnt' mean he's the best one for right now.....if he winds up starting before the year's out......let's hope it's because it's because he's just too damn good to keep off the field, not because it's a chinese fire drill at QB like it was last season.

we got away with it last year...and i commend the staff for how they managed that whole deal. i don't know you can do that again and expec it to be "better".

someone needs to go take that spot. and i honestly don't care who it is, so long as they make it pretty clear they're the best one.

At some point I think he gets a shot for one reason or another. In a perfect world I think we’d all want JG to finally get it together for his curtain call. Maurer or Shrout would then transfer and he’d be at worst 2 coming into next season.

That being said I think we’re all preparing for the same sequence of events to unfold this season and Bailey will be thrown in to create a spark on offense.

I hope like hell he comes in and plays well and we never look back

I probably missed it, but have they said when team activities and fall practices are schedule to start?

I thought I saw that student athletes were allowed back on campuses, but wasn’t sure what the timeline once they are back.

I probably missed it, but have they said when team activities and fall practices are schedule to start?

I thought I saw that student athletes were allowed back on campuses, but wasn’t sure what the timeline once they are back.

SEC said 2 week wait.

Reactions: ndubvols
Wonder if we indefinitely suspend Jordan, redshirt him and bring him back next year, like Johnson, but obviously different situations lol
I know that Ubben gives condoms and meth to kindergarteners, but he said this morning on the Wake Up Zone that he expects a suspension then Jordan will be back on the team.

I know that Ubben gives condoms and meth to kindergarteners, but he said this morning on the Wake Up Zone that he expects a suspension then Jordan will be back on the team.

I'm ready for him to move on. Not necessarily because of what he did, although it was stupid, but because I want to see one of the other, more talented options get a better shot at playing time. Pruitt has a tendency to keep playing guys well beyond their usefulness to the team's performance. He has been one of those guys IMO.

I'm ready for him to move on. Not necessarily because of what he did, although it was stupid, but because I want to see one of the other, more talented options get a better shot at playing time. Pruitt has a tendency to keep playing guys well beyond their usefulness to the team's performance. He has been one of those guys IMO.
I don’t disagree that it’s likely time for him to move on, but Id say Pruitts been more than willing to give the young guys a shot if they’re ready.

I have a glock 19, and a sig 229 legion..

If I'm at the range.. I like the sig better.

The legion I have is a single action with a safety.

Sig has wayy better sights and smoother trigger.. but, sig was also more than double the price of the glock..
Glock 19 and Sig P220 Elite Dark for me.
also have a Taurus Judge and P938.

Reactions: OrangeBlood4life
Difficult night.....Pat‘s dog (Sally) had a litter and she wanted my family to have the runt of the litter (Sydney....named after Sydney Spencer). Had her for 14 years and last night was her last. Tough day but the memories are wonderful. Pat loved her dogs....Sally, Sadie and Syd. They spent as much time in her pool as the humans did.

You think it would get easier with our animals but it does not.....

I plan on just keeping it in the house.

Tactical pump shotgun (18" barrel) in house. 12 gauge. Sound of gun action is intimidating and could cause hesitation in perpetrators. That 1-2 second delay may save your life. Easy to use and train others on basic safety. Minimizes accuracy requirement.

Would also encourage an accompanying handgun with the proper training on safety and operations. Depending on hand-size, you have several reasonable option. Sigs are very good guns as several have referenced. Glocks have very defined pros and cons as have been discussed. H&K makes a nice subcompact 9MM that comes with adjustable grips to enable best fit. Personally, I just like the feel of the Commander-sized 1911. Another option that you should at least consider is the 357 revolver.

Ultimately, it is all about fit. Hold a lot of guns and test fire them if you have the necessary facilities available. You have to be comfortable with your handgun to use it properly and safely. The only recommendation I would give, stick with 9mm or larger caliber.

Reactions: bigorange
I have AT&T internet and have 100 MBPS bundled with phone and TV. I have 100 MBPS because of my home security system. I had 25 MBPS prior and that didn't work well with home security. Speed was way too slow for upload and download security videos. Get something really fast.

I invested in 1 gig fiber internet with AT&T. I don’t think I’ll ever go back. I’m spoiled, but once you experience internet that fast, you don’t ever want to change it. I live in a house of 3 people and we all stream simultaneously with zero issues. What’s crazy is 1 gig right now for me is the same price as 300 mb and only $10 more a month than 100 mb.

Difficult night.....Pat‘s dog (Sally) had a litter and she wanted my family to have the runt of the litter (Sydney....named after Sydney Spencer). Had her for 14 years and last night was her last. Tough day but the memories are wonderful. Pat loved her dogs....Sally, Sadie and Syd. They spent as much time in her pool as the humans did.

You think it would get easier with our animals but it does not.....

Pets are family.

Thank you all for giving your feedback. I’d definitely take a class. There is a shooting range a few mins away from me and I know they have a gun shop there too. I’ll take a look at what they have and do some research online as well.
Go to the shooting range and see what kind of side arms they have to demo! Not everyone has the same size hands or preference!
My first line of “home” defense, as in someone kicking down my door, is my trained Belgian Malinois, after that, it’s my Remington 870 tactical that leans against my bed post.
I carry a range of diff guns based on what I’m wearing or where I’m going. Main go to’s are my sig 938 or kimber tactical ultra 3”.
As for glocks, great gun, tried and true, but I prefer Springfield XDM over the glock. Have several of them that I like as well.
Go to a range, take a safety class, and make your decision. Good luck and stay safe!

Makes no sense to not have a round chambered if you are going to “carry” if anything is split second you don’t have time to chamber a round and engage. But I guess it is preference.
I hear this from my buddies regularly. I understand that sentiment, but I practice unholstering, chambering a round, and firing every time I am at the range.

I'd wager to bet that I am faster pulling my pistol, chambering, and firing my firearm faster than most people that carry can unholster. It is personal preference, but I feel safer from accidental discharge (TWSS) without one in the chamber. I shot competitions when I was younger and I was always taught to never chamber a firearm until you are ready to fire downrange, that has always stuck with me. An "accident" cannot happen if a round isn't in the chamber.

Again, that was a personal choice of mine, so I fully understand carrying chambered is preferred for most people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back