Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
😂 Just seems like someone would have said, "I don't think a leaf is a good idea since nobody is afraid of one, and it won't get our fans hyped up." 🤷‍♀️

The fact that leafs is not the plural of leaf is what bothered me more than the fear factor of a tree's foliage. So, I looked it up.

"History has it that Conn Smythe named the team after the Maple Leaf badge worn by soldiers in the Canadian Army during World War I. ... Because they were named after the Maple Leaf regiment of the Canadian Army. Since Maple Leaf is a proper noun, the correct plural is Maple Leafs, not Maple Leaves."

Kinda neat.

He would be if he “hell with it...let’s try some things”’s the season. Loses cred with his team and himself. This season counts.

To your point, unless I'm missing something, we probably need an excuse to extend Pruitt's contract after this season. This is the 3rd year of his 6-year contract and I think it's usually thought that you'd like to have the guy under contract at least for the next 4 years, perhaps for recruiting purposes. So in effect this maybe could be considered a money year for Pruitt and in general even in spite of the challenges of this unusual year I'm still expecting him to field the best team he's had since he's been here. jmo.

From my perspective the threshold for extending his contract is pretty low for me. It's potentially going to be a tough situation given that we're probably going to have a significant deficit in the athletic department budget this year. I don't know how we're going to pull this off but I sort of think we have to and obviously it makes it a lot easier if we continue to see improvement in recruiting and on field performance. jmo.

Hey if you could send up a prayer for my son-in-law he is a team leader for 1 of the Hot Shot crews that jump into the wild fires. Earlier this week they sent him to Texas for what he thought was going to be a training trip then 2 days later his crew gets sent to Cal. Today got word he is on the Cal./Oregan border and they are in the middle of the fire that has been named the devils fire its burning over 150,000 acres and is 0 percent contained. Hes been doing the fires and jumps for 20 yrs and ive never heard fear in his voice but this time when he called it sounded like he was saying his last good bye and you could hear the fear in his voice. He said hes never seen a fire so fierce and spreading so fast. If you guys and gals could say a prayer for him my daughter and there 10yr old son who thinks his daddy hung the moon it would be greatly appreciated.
Prayers Sent

The fact that leafs is not the plural of leaf is what bothered me more than the fear factor of a tree's foliage. So, I looked it up.

"History has it that Conn Smythe named the team after the Maple Leaf badge worn by soldiers in the Canadian Army during World War I. ... Because they were named after the Maple Leaf regiment of the Canadian Army. Since Maple Leaf is a proper noun, the correct plural is Maple Leafs, not Maple Leaves."

Kinda neat.
So, a lot like us 🤔 The Volunteers sounds like the least intimidating name for any sports team ever, unless you know the history.

The city of Toronto has also brought Knoxville the terrifying mascot of the Blue Jays.

My granddaughter told me she was bored a couple of months ago, so I loaded up my Super Nitendo and games and took it to her.
I still have my SNES and I love it. Still works just fine, too. Some of the best games ever are on the SNES. I love the older consoles. Jurassic Park Rampage Edition for the Sega Genesis is one of the most fun games of all time, change my mind!

Kinda neat.
😂 You don't know how hard it was for me to type that!.... Being named after soldiers does make it better.

Reactions: drvenner
Parker Ball deserves a scholarship

View attachment 306294

iu

I still have my SNES and I love it. Still works just fine, too. Some of the best games ever are on the SNES. I love the older consoles. Jurassic Park Rampage Edition for the Sega Genesis is one of the most fun games of all time, change my mind!

Contra was one of my favorites on the NES. Still remember the code to the get unlimited lives.

Stopped in and glad to hear from the insiders and volquest guys that we will suck this year.... love their enthusiasm, Mise well shut down the season before we start........
Glad Pruitt doesn’t give up and keeps trying to get better

“Mise well”? Is that a new VQism?

My brother and I have been going crazy trying to find our SNES. Our mom sold our Genesis years ago without our consent, but we still have our NES, N64, PS1, PS2, Dreamcast, etc. We also still have all our SNES games but just no console.

When I was back at my parents' house a couple weeks ago I saw my mom has a 15" flat CRT with S-Video inputs. Probably among the last CRT models to ever be made. So now I'm thinking about starting back up a classic game collection for that TV.

Reactions: Bms4880 and Kristy*
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back