Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother and I have been going crazy trying to find our SNES. Our mom sold our Genesis years ago without our consent, but we still have our NES, N64, PS1, PS2, Dreamcast, etc. We also still have all our SNES games but just no console.

When I was back at my parents' house a couple weeks ago I saw my mom has a 15" flat CRT with S-Video inputs. Probably among the last CRT models to ever be made. So now I'm thinking about starting back up a classic game collection for that TV.
What is a CRT? I have a Sony 42" that I bought 12 years ago that has all those inputs.

Complete random, now sure where to post this. Freak, move it or redirect me if this is wrong.

I've got dozens of VHS tapes of games from 1985 to 2010. Obviously because of the broadcast copyrights I cannot market these. They've been shelved/cased up for years, so I cannot speak to the quality of the video. There are some I'm keeping, but probably close to 100 that are slated to be tossed. If anyone wants any old VHS copies of any specific games, just message me your requests and I'll see if I have it and we can figure out how to transfer it. I'm not interested in profiting on these, just would rather not toss them if someone else wants them as long as I'm not out any $.

What is a CRT? I have a Sony 42" that I bought 12 years ago that has all those inputs.

The old tube-style TVs. Heavy as hell and bulky.

crtphoto-1024x683.jpg

The more modern ones are prized by classic gamers because they are superior to LCD panels for playing the older consoles. They don't make them anymore so they are going up in price.

crtphoto-1024x683.jpg

The more modern ones are prized by classic gamers because they are superior to LCD panels for playing the older consoles. They don't make them anymore so they are going up in price.
Oh...ok. my boy used to play old games on our Sony..it is LCD and they looked pretty good.

Reactions: Aesius
It all sounds pretty positive giving the extreme negative situation of things atm.

I dunno, this season may be a bumpy ride at times but I will tell you one thing. It's gonna pay off massively for next season. So many guys getting extra work, our depth next year should be pretty damn great.
That may even be true by week 3 or 4

Poster in the ff says vq poster is saying Wanye is in quarantine for the third time. Ridiculous if true.
To be expected with the lineman. Think about the fact they’re always together, always up in each other’s faces, and most of them room together. Understandable but ridiculous

Vols number 15. The way we are moving up without playing -- Top 10 next week?
It's not what you think. The new poll does not include any team from the conferences that decided not to play. That process of elimination took out a bunch of traditionally good teams and allowed UT to move up. This is really the only fair way to determine the top 25 this year.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Cathode ray tube. Old school tv. People often refer to them as bubble screens.
Then I had a perfectly working great big Sony CRT that I literally gave away two years ago to a thrift store for nothing...if I had known I could get some money out of it, I would have held on to it.

Reactions: whitw

crtphoto-1024x683.jpg

Interesting. That explains why Goldeneye looks so bad now

Hey if you could send up a prayer for my son-in-law he is a team leader for 1 of the Hot Shot crews that jump into the wild fires. Earlier this week they sent him to Texas for what he thought was going to be a training trip then 2 days later his crew gets sent to Cal. Today got word he is on the Cal./Oregan border and they are in the middle of the fire that has been named the devils fire its burning over 150,000 acres and is 0 percent contained. Hes been doing the fires and jumps for 20 yrs and ive never heard fear in his voice but this time when he called it sounded like he was saying his last good bye and you could hear the fear in his voice. He said hes never seen a fire so fierce and spreading so fast. If you guys and gals could say a prayer for him my daughter and there 10yr old son who thinks his daddy hung the moon it would be greatly appreciated.
🙏🙏🙏

Hey y'all if you could throw some prayers up for my sister. She and her husband live out in Colorado and love the outdoors and yesterday was their wedding anniversary so they went out for a bike ride on the trails. My sister took a nasty spill and ended up breaking her jaw and her ankle. Thankfully there was no serious injury to her head and no internal bleeding. Her surgery is scheduled for noon...Colorado time. My Brother in law said that she was riding ahead of him on the trails where he really couldnt see her and then all of a sudden heard her screaming. Scary situation.

Bump, how did it go?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back