Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then I think I will probably just skip it. The Silmarrilion is absolutely horrifying, but it somehow remains beautifully hopeful at the same time, and it is my favorite work of fantasy.

Kingkiller is much less depressing than the Silmarillion. The unhappy ending mostly seems like it will be regarding the woman he loves who has issues....think Jenny and Forrest Gump without the STDs.

Lots of other beautiful aspects of the story involving kindness, friendship, hope and love but there are struggles too. You will be doing yourself a disservice not to read.

My mistake.
The poster I quoted used the actual number from the game.

Your example included an extra attempt.
I shorted you.
The stats I posted showed me there isn’t any real difference at least in the 4 SEC games this year. Frankly I was shocked at just how awful our running game has been on first down. Neither back had numbers that were worth a dang imo

We were the least penalized team in the league, afaik, until bama ref fiasco.
Believe you're correct. Haven't committed that many in a game in at least a decade. Not willing to go back any further. Now, some of those were pretty dang marginal (Taylor's comes to mind as being pretty ticky tacky imo). May have been others too

Kingkiller is much less depressing than the Silmarillion. The unhappy ending mostly seems like it will be regarding the woman he loves who has issues....think Jenny and Forrest Gump without the STDs.

Lots of other beautiful aspects of the story involving kindness, friendship, hope and love but there are struggles too. You will be doing yourself a disservice not to read.
Sold me...

I seriously love the Silmarrilion. I don't know how Tolkein did it...like The Fall of Gondolin or The Tale ofTurin Turambar and so many others..somehow even in the midst of all that horror there are moments of heroic defiance in the face of hopelessness that are just beautiful. It captures perfectly the theme of The song of the Ainur in chapter one, I mean..how Eru Illuvatar keeps weaving the chaotic discord of Morgoth into an even more beautiful song.

Personal foul. Late hit. Unsportsmanlike.
Or how could the penalty pushing up on the bammer qb be a penalty? You think if someone shoves Tua like that with his ankle next week it's gonna be ok?
A hit on Mac Jones? Don't really remember us hitting him outside Jaylen and the DT foul (not sure if he hit him, but he ended up on top)

Reactions: Pane di mais
The stats I posted showed me there isn’t any real difference at least in the 4 SEC games this year. Frankly I was shocked at just how awful our running game has been on first down. Neither back had numbers that were worth a dang imo

When your QB is the one we have it's harder to run the football. And 3 of the 4 SEC games were solid defenses. It's not hard to understand.

Chandler has been the better of the 2 backs over their career and of the 2 has a better chance of making big plays and scoring. Something this offense lacks and desperately needs. Theres also a place for the 3 to 5 guy. I'm fine with Jordan getting 15+ attempts but they are wasting Ty with 4.

Reactions: jakez4ut
When your QB is the one we have it's harder to run the football. And 3 of the 4 SEC games were solid defenses. It's not hard to understand.

Chandler has been the better of the 2 backs over their career and of the 2 has a better chance of making big plays and scoring. Something this offense lacks and desperately needs. Theres also a place for the 3 to 5 guy. I'm fine with Jordan getting 15+ attempts but they are wasting Ty with 4.

Im interested to follow this but in
These last 4 SEC games Chandler hasn’t been the better back or the home run back either.

Imo I think ideally Jordan gets 15-20 carries and Chandler 10-15 at this point. No reason for Gray to keep getting any carries and he hasn’t given us anything special at all

On the 247 podcast Ryan Callahan (I think it was him and not Patrick Brown) had the very strong opinion that “the surest way to lose this game” is to start JT Shout at QB. He’s not a fan of JG, but thinks it will be less bad with him.

On the 247 podcast Ryan Callahan (I think it was him and not Patrick Brown) had the very strong opinion that “the surest way to lose this game” is to start JT Shout at QB. He’s not a fan of JG, but thinks it will be less bad with him.

It was me that said that

With all of the positives right now within our program this type of behavior is holding us back. Let him walk. This team is playing hard and nearly everyone is bought in. Get rid of the dudes like this holding us back. Don’t need em
Tweet is unavailable- what did it say and by whom?

Im interested to follow this but in
These last 4 SEC games Chandler hasn’t been the better back or the home run back either.

Imo I think ideally Jordan gets 15-20 carries and Chandler 10-15 at this point. No reason for Gray to keep getting any carries and he hasn’t given us anything special at all

Saturday nite was a kin to giving a guy 1 plate appearance, then asking why he didnt put it over the fence.
Ty had the better game against State and arguably against UGA as well.

Chandler needs to touch the football more.

Reactions: JacketVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back