Recruiting Football Talk VII

He's getting paid a lot of money. He knows he's the guy next year. Why on Earth would he leave?

This board needs lots and lots of marijuanas.
Agreed. He's not leaving. I was just responding to the overreaction "what if" chicken little comments. Any football player who was set to start and ran off because of a loss before they got the job is, by definition, a loser.

I think Nico will be a great one. He's not there yet though.

I don't doubt the players gave up on the season. Nothing to do with coaching but everything to do with knowing they will never have an evenly called game. No I'm not saying today was the refs fault, but it's extremely hard to motivate a team when they KNOW they're already behind the 8 ball when it comes to the fairness and integrity of the game with how the refs have treated them this year

Heup better make changes are he will be on the hot seat. This is all on him.

If the crazies win and Heup goes on the hotseat, I’m out

Will of course watch the games but my interest level in college football will dial down considerably

I think it will be another three or four coaches before we get one that can do what Heupel did to date

8-4 being the new standard here is great.
We were 10-2 last year. 8-4 isn't the standard. It's a disappointing season, but the program is still much better than it was under Pruitt, Butch, and Dooley. I'm optimistic we can win more than 8 next year and then be ready to make real noise in 2025

If the crazies win and Heup goes on the hotseat, I’m out

Will of course watch the games but my interest level in college football will dial down considerably

I think it will be another three or four coaches before we get one that can do what Heupel did to date
DW is not about to put Heupel on the hot seat over an 8-4 season. In year 3.

It’s reaching the point that I’m convincing myself that Nico must be hot trash and a major bust because that is the ONLY thing I can imagine that would explain how Heupel has handled the offense this year.

Otherwise there is just really no excuse. Starting to get concerned that Hooker is Heupel’s Dobbs and last year was as good as it will ever get. Like I said earlier, we’ve been as uncompetitive in our losses this year as we were in Year 1. That is just not acceptable for a program trying to make the next step.

Damn man.....I know there's emotion involved right now but.... I here ya and feel a bit bad about it.

Just mind blowing!

And what's with the meaningless filed goal attempts?

Lol. We're decimated by injuries and undermanned to begin with. This was sadly a likely rebuild year with bad breaks thrown in. Defense took a step forward while the offense took a step back. Still we'll finish 8-4. The seat isn't even warm.
tenor-5.gif
I agree!

*It still sucks to get blown out 2 weeks in a row. It has felt too much like old times this season.

**I'm looking forward to the off-season and seeing who we sign, who leaves, and what changes we make on the coaching staff.

VN Store

Back