Recruiting Football Talk VII

Christian "8-4" Lowe

Just like UGA right? And 9-3 program Bama?
Trying to have the same standards Saban has set at Bama won’t happen. I’m sorry. Florida has tried and failed. LSU has tried and failed. A&M has tried and failed. We have tried and failed.

chasing Saban has destroyed several SEC programs.

What makes fans unreasonable is hearing "the receivers haven't dropped a ball all camp" and "Milton has completed every pass this summer". I admit, I was juiced up over the practice reports. Heupel went overboard with hypeing this team up in preseason.

*When Joe came out game one against UVA and looked like the old "overthow Joe", I felt dupped a little. I hung onto that Orange Bowl performance and hoped we'd see the Joe Milton.
I mean, they were playing against our DBs....

Our line play tonight wasn’t terrible, and we were starting Dayne Davis, Crawford, and Lane. That’s a position where 3 stars can be developed.
The problem is none of them will be back next year and the ones that will be back haven’t seen the field at all this year.

Will take 8-4 with this level of incompetence at a number of player positions and coaches.

But Heup is on the clock this offseason. Major changes need to occur. If not he will be on the Botch trajectory. Same with UT's leaders. Eleven straight games with officials doing the dirty against us. The stats are the stats and the video is the video.They let UGA manhandle our WRs last season and this. UGA was going to win anyway, they did not need any help from B-Ham.

Heup has dumbed down the playbook for Misfire. What we interpret as bad play calling should be stated as limited play calling. The opposing DCs know it. Joe cannot read coverages and locks on. So they play contain and know that if they are patient he will blow it. Then when he doesn't expect it, they pressure and sack while he panics. Time to move on and forget it all until next season. Beat Candy and enjoy the basketball season.

Trying to have the same standards Saban has set at Bama won’t happen. I’m sorry. Florida has tried and failed. LSU has tried and failed. A&M has tried and failed. We have tried and failed.

chasing Saban has destroyed several SEC programs.
What are you talking about?

It's not chasing Saban standards by acknowledging that when Tennessee is a healthy program the absolute worst record they produce is an 8-4 record. That's why year three in a rebuild with a slew of injuries we finished 8-4.

Our POTENTIAL is not 8-4. That is the floor when things are rolling.

Florida and LSU aren't 8-4 programs either! If you're an 8-4 program it means that you cannot compete for championships.

VN Store

Back